The Student Room Group

Do you need advice about the ACA qualification?

Scroll to see replies

Its pretty hard if you are an immigrant and have only masters degree from UK. I've been trying to secure one for last six months but its pretty tough as even if one have a master to higher degree still prefrence is given to school leavers. Try harder and may odds be in your favour.
Hi, I was wondering what do i do to get an ACA, I have 5 A-levels (maths,modern hebrew,physics, chemistry and biology 2As 3Bs) and i dont want to go to university in particular, what are my options?
Hi, I had few questions about the ICAEW CFAB.

I am a member of USS scheme. I am eligible for exemptions but haven't yet applied for it, because I was wondering whether getting a ICAEW CFAB is worth it if I am going to apply for ACA training contract after my graduation anyway.
Will getting CFAB certificate set me apart from other candidates in any way? Will employers accept my certificate? Or will they make me re-sit the exams.
Since the exemptions applications are quite expensive I was wondering if its worth spending my own money for if there isn't a benefit from it.

Please help!! I am confused!!!!! How does having CFAB help in ACA qualification? How will employers respond to it? I am currently second year Accounting student and have decided that I will apply for ACA training contract jobs next year.
hi please can u tell me which course is more tough acca or cima and which courses is more lengthy
hi please can u tell me which course is more tough acca or cima and which courses is more lengthy
So, I have a 2.2 in mathematics and 240 UCAS points. Obviously, these results are not good enough for any ACA training contracts to consider me as a candidate.
I was wondering, is it worth obtaining a CFAB, ATT or ACCA in my own time (around a full time job) and if so, which is best for someone with the results stated above? This would clearly boost my application, but I'm worried that even with the one of these extra qualification under my belt I will still not be considered, and it would suck to put in all that time and money to then be shot down anyway.

Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

I am currently deciding whether or not to take up ICAEW CFAB as a stand alone qualification in my 1 year long break. This is because I have other commitments and would not be able to immediately use it as a stepping stone to ACA qualifications. I was wondering if this ICAEW CFAB qualification is valid, in let's say 5 years from now, to be used to advance to the ACA qualifications. Thank you.
Hi, I am currently deciding whether or not to take up ICAEW CFAB as a stand alone qualification in my 1 year long break. This is because I have other commitments and would not be able to immediately use it as a stepping stone to ACA qualifications. I was wondering if this ICAEW CFAB qualification is valid, in let's say 5 years from now, to be used to advance to the ACA qualifications. Thank you.
Reply 168
Hi, i have a first in Pharmacology but have really poor a levels which will not land me a training contract. What should i do?
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a list with all the not-for-profit organizations authorized by the ICAEW, I want a training agreement and I'd love to work in that specific sector...
Hey I'm struggling to look for a school leavers vacancy that is local, is there a university which offers the full amount of accredited exemptions which could be worth applying to?
Hi Helen, I have a hard question for you, I hope you can help me.I'm a Spanish citizen, and I'm in UK to try to find my way in finance, maybe investment, but in that area. I know that accountancy is really important for that or this area, so my problem is: I studied business administration and management in Spain. According with Naric, my degree is comparable to a British bachelor (honours) degree standar. I know accountancy is not exactly the same, but is not too different. I am thinking also to do a acca, cima course but I do not know if I already have knowledge that could be the same as some of this courses or not. Do you know how I could find the equivalence?Also, which kind of roles, I could apply to start in this area, to try to find my way to finance?If you could answer this, I would be in eternal regard. Thank you in advance.
Original post by borjenos
Hi Helen, I have a hard question for you, I hope you can help me.I'm a Spanish citizen, and I'm in UK to try to find my way in finance, maybe investment, but in that area. I know that accountancy is really important for that or this area, so my problem is: I studied business administration and management in Spain. According with Naric, my degree is comparable to a British bachelor (honours) degree standar. I know accountancy is not exactly the same, but is not too different. I am thinking also to do a acca, cima course but I do not know if I already have knowledge that could be the same as some of this courses or not. Do you know how I could find the equivalence?Also, which kind of roles, I could apply to start in this area, to try to find my way to finance?If you could answer this, I would be in eternal regard. Thank you in advance.

Hi. If you are still looking! You can check the ACCA and CIMA websites, and contact them also to see if you are entitled to any exemptions from their exams. Perhaps look for entry level or clerical jobs in financial institutions and study ACCA or CIMA? It would be worth checking if either is of any value in Spain. ACCA may work better as you can do an integrated masters from UCL which might be of value one day.
Hi Jackie,I was interested in doing a master in accounts before starting ACA, therefore wanted to choose one with the highest exemptions possible. do you have any suggestions on the best Masters program.Thanks a lot for your help
Reply 174
yes please it will be quite helpful
Original post by Mattia.96
Hi Jackie,I was interested in doing a master in accounts before starting ACA, therefore wanted to choose one with the highest exemptions possible. do you have any suggestions on the best Masters program.Thanks a lot for your help

I'm currently studying at the University of Liverpool [in London] on the MSc Accounting programme.

Upon completion of the programme you could graduate with 14/15 ACA exams completed (Through a combination of exemptions and direct examination entry with ICAEW). If you would like any more information please let me know :smile:
Hi,I am in my late 20s looking to retrain as an accountant. I got a 2.2 in Art which is obviously not going to be that helpful. If I study independently and get the CFAB qualification could that be a route into a training contract or is my degree still going to stand in my way?Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 177

Hi guys,

My question is more orientated to those applying for the PWC school leaver scheme in assurance for the 2019 intake. Anyone at the Career unlocked stage for the PWC school leaver scheme in assurance, if so what's it like and how is the numerical and abstract reasoning. I have already practiced the tests on the website-is it like that or harder?

Thanks and good luck for those applying

Which institute in birmingham offers aca ??
Original post by sehrish786
Which institute in birmingham offers aca ??

There are a few training colleges in Birmingham - most of the students are sent by their employers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending