The Student Room Group

Capgemini Higher Apprenticeship, anyone joining this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indev1
What does the presentation consist of and whom is it presented to?

Atm im not to sure as im waiting for a formal invite.
Have u passed the telephone interview
Reply 501
Original post by raesa786
Atm im not to sure as im waiting for a formal invite.
Have u passed the telephone interview

Yeah, ive passed the telephone stage
Original post by Indev1
Yeah, ive passed the telephone stage

Guess were both in the same boat if i get another email all let u know
Just out of curiosity how long does the application process take from start to finish?
Original post by lshartshorn
Just out of curiosity how long does the application process take from start to finish?

Depends when you apply and what start date you apply for. I applied September 2014 (2nd person to apply for that intake!), for a Sept 2015 start, had an interview in May 2015 and ended up joining June 2015. Almost been here a year now :smile:
Hi all, I applied yesterday to become a software engineer at the Manchester (sale) sight. The thing is I don't meet the 240 ucas points required but on speaking to someone at CAP i explained that I already have a level 3 Diploma apprenticeship and they said that's acceptable.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has started and how they are finding it? I'm currently doing a apprenticeship which offers good money (23k) but i'm not enjoying it at all as its just the same IT support tasks on a daily basis and i have learnt nothing to do with the role advertised. I'd haply take the temporary pay cut if it means the degree provided is useful and that the work that done is actually relevant to the job title as well as it being fun.
Reply 506
I've just bewn given an assesment centre date for july.. has anyone else? Also i need help with the presentation. Im not sure what to speak about... help?!
Original post by Indev1
I've just bewn given an assesment centre date for july.. has anyone else? Also i need help with the presentation. Im not sure what to speak about... help?!

Yes, I'm going to the assessment centre on the 12th of July. Are you? I'm also really confused about what to include in the presentation :/
Reply 508
Original post by zramazhar
Yes, I'm going to the assessment centre on the 12th of July. Are you? I'm also really confused about what to include in the presentation :/

Yes i am going on the 12th of july also. The thing is, in the email it says we will not have access to any electrical equipment. I think this means projectors also. So we have to present in a different way.
Original post by Indev1
Yes i am going on the 12th of july also. The thing is, in the email it says we will not have access to any electrical equipment. I think this means projectors also. So we have to present in a different way.

Can't we just take our laptops and show the digital story presentation on that? That's what I'm planning to do because this presentation will be one-to-one. What are you doing for the 'Digital Story'? Are you creating a presentation and will you be playing audio over it or will you create the presentation and talk in the actual interview? I'm a little confused :/
Reply 510
Can't we just take our laptops and show the digital story presentation on that? That's what I'm planning to do because this presentation will be one-to-one. What are you doing for the 'Digital Story'? Are you creating a presentation and will you be playing audio over it or will you create the presentation and talk in the actual interview? I'm a little confused :/

I would do what your doing but, it woudnt work because i think you have to be standing at the front while they sit and assess you. It would be hard to explain your points that way if you know what i mean. And im going to probably create and presentation and explain it as i go. I think thats the best way. Also whats your name, ill see you there
Original post by Indev1
I would do what your doing but, it woudnt work because i think you have to be standing at the front while they sit and assess you. It would be hard to explain your points that way if you know what i mean. And im going to probably create and presentation and explain it as i go. I think thats the best way. Also whats your name, ill see you there

I get what you're saying. I'm gonna print out the presentation slides so whilst I'm talking through it, the assessor can follow it through. My names Zra, what's yours?
Reply 512
I get what you're saying. I'm gonna print out the presentation slides so whilst I'm talking through it, the assessor can follow it through. My names Zra, what's yours?

My name's indev. But that's a good idea, i just dunno what to talk about😂
Hi guys, I also have an invite to attend an assessment centre next week and have been given the task of creating a presentation on 'The digital you' and I was wondering what you talked about in your presentations and also how you presented them, I am thinking about using my laptop to create a presentation and to show them some websites I have previously made, but the screen is rather small so trying to show them a presentation on a laptop screen may be a bit awkward. I was also thinking that I could just not use anything and just talk to them for my full presentation but it does say in the email that this would be a good time to demonstrate any technical ability you have, and just talking for 5 minutes wouldn't be a good demonstration of that.
Original post by AJ Watson
Hi guys, I also have an invite to attend an assessment centre next week and have been given the task of creating a presentation on 'The digital you' and I was wondering what you talked about in your presentations and also how you presented them, I am thinking about using my laptop to create a presentation and to show them some websites I have previously made, but the screen is rather small so trying to show them a presentation on a laptop screen may be a bit awkward. I was also thinking that I could just not use anything and just talk to them for my full presentation but it does say in the email that this would be a good time to demonstrate any technical ability you have, and just talking for 5 minutes wouldn't be a good demonstration of that.

I didnt have to present when i joines but maybe you could hand round a tablet with your website on there? Just an idea.
Reply 515

You can present it how you like, a guy on my assessment centre spoke from notes he made with out any device, and another did the presentation off his phone.
That's reassuring, was the presentation only in front of one person or other applicants also?
Reply 517
That's reassuring, was the presentation only in front of one person or other applicants also?

It's infront of 1 assessor.
Reply 518

Have you had a reply from them yet? Saying whether you got the place?
Hello, everybody. I have applied also, I got to the phone interview stage and I answered the questions. However, they asked me one question where i coudnlt make out what they were saying and i had to ask three times because the line wasn't clear. Then the woman was telling me to move on to the next question and refused to repeat it for a forth time I mean at the end of the interview i said i hope to see you in a face to face interview and then i got that woman type laugh and it seemed like she was in a hurry to put the phone down once the questions stopped. I mean i gave good answers i think. Do you think I failed it and wont get invited for the assessment center? I mean the test was bloody hard the question made no sense what so ever. Also, i am struggling how you lot found out about this apprenticeship and you all passed the test a swell. I did email them after the phone interview saying i could not make out what the interviewer was saying. The woman was, also, stubborn when she said is there anything you want to add to support your application. I then said like specifically what do you want to know something along those lines and she just repeated the question another two times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending