The Student Room Group

Warwickshire college??

Scroll to see replies

Ya this is my last one have a offer for equine therapy and rehab aswel so I think I will be going to Warwickshire anyway I really liked the campus and seemed a good college
Reply 101
Yes I've firmed for vet physio but have been told I have another offer for equine therapy if I don't meet my conditions so same as you really...fingers crossed I'll see you there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I ended up doing deferred entry so you'll be there before me
Reply 103
Accommodation now open online...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my conditional offer :smile:
Reply 105
Fantastic....are you firming it for vet physio then or equine....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physio! Equine as backup
Reply 107
For September this year...see you there..

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I did deferred entry, the following year
Reply 109
I've done a year at Moreton in the past, its not as bad as some of the reviews (if your going to uni just for the night life its rubbish but if actually want to make good friends & get a decent education out of it its good).

Would say with the accommodation though if you want a large room & are going for catered accommodation go for the older block the rooms are twice the size of the new blocks (& twice as big again if you are lucky enough to be on the top floor like I was). Although the "kitchen" in the old houses is rubbish, literally you get a small fridge/microwave/sink and no work space to share between 9 of you, the kitchens in the new block & self-catered are a lot bigger and much better equipped.

It is a "dry" campus (no alcohol outside of the bar) as there are sometimes random flat inspections and any found will be taken off you, but they don't go rummaging through your stuff just check cupboards/fridge so if you are good at hiding it and don't make it obvious can get away with it. is only a dry campus due to the number of under 18s living on-site so understandable really. Oh and don't be surprised if you are woken up at 9am by the cleaner coming to vacuum your room.

Also if you drive definitely take your car! I couldn't drive when I first got there and had to keep begging mates for lifts to the shops and moreton is in the middle of nowhere!

And the most valuable thing I found out whilst I was there is that on justeat.com there is a Chinese take-out that delivers! (delivers to the farm entrance not the main entrance). Saved a lot of late night trips getting lost in Leamington following faulty satnav.

Oh and don't expect to ever get phone signal whilst there... I would occasionally get 1 or 2 bars when in my room which was on the top floor & I was standing on a chair, but if I moved an inch it would go.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 110
Great advice thanks. Waiting to complete the rest of accommodation booking as it gets held up with completing health dec. bummer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya Guys.
I move in on campus on the 6th September. I'm staying in the Jubliee Cresent block due to me being 18. I'm studying Animal management in Zoos
Reply 112
I was looking at the Equine performance coaching degree at moreton-morrell. I went to an open day and it seemed nice, I also went to look at Hartpury but they felt stuck up and only talked about their livery not their courses so I was thinking of putting moreton-morrell down as my first choice. The accomodation seemed nice but this is the only website I can find reviews of it on, is there anywhere else with reviews for it as these seem mostly negative?? Also if you're not allowed alcohol in your room does that apply if you're in the over 18s only accomodation and is the bar on site expensive? Seems a bit strict to not allow any alcohol, I'm not a big drinker anyway, but they didn't mention this at the open day.
Original post by EmJo97
I was looking at the Equine performance coaching degree at moreton-morrell. I went to an open day and it seemed nice, I also went to look at Hartpury but they felt stuck up and only talked about their livery not their courses so I was thinking of putting moreton-morrell down as my first choice. The accomodation seemed nice but this is the only website I can find reviews of it on, is there anywhere else with reviews for it as these seem mostly negative?? Also if you're not allowed alcohol in your room does that apply if you're in the over 18s only accomodation and is the bar on site expensive? Seems a bit strict to not allow any alcohol, I'm not a big drinker anyway, but they didn't mention this at the open day.

Hi, there isn't really anywhere else that talks about accommodation iv looked everywhere but on open day I looked around and I thought the rooms were fine, I don't really get what people think it will look like 5* and stuff. About the alcohol, due to there being so many under 18's it's a dry campus but that doesn't mean if you're in an 18+ block you couldn't hide your drinks if you were having a few. I don't expect the bar to be really pricey or else they won't get many students going at all but that's my personal opinion.
Reply 114
Thanks, I liked it alot, just worried about making the wrong decision about where to go but there isn't that many options. Are you going there?
Original post by EmJo97
Thanks, I liked it alot, just worried about making the wrong decision about where to go but there isn't that many options. Are you going there?

Yeah that was similar to me, I couldn't find a place to study zoology. Yeah I move in on campus on Sunday :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by CharleyLeanne1
Yeah that was similar to me, I couldn't find a place to study zoology. Yeah I move in on campus on Sunday :smile:

Cool, have fun, please could you let me know what it's like as I'm applying this year? I'm having to do a third year to get the full biology a level my course requires so a bit worried I'm going to be older than everyone and not really fit in as I already struggle making new friends
Original post by EmJo97
Cool, have fun, please could you let me know what it's like as I'm applying this year? I'm having to do a third year to get the full biology a level my course requires so a bit worried I'm going to be older than everyone and not really fit in as I already struggle making new friends

Yeah of course I can. I feel like that at the minute as am 18, so I don't want it to be people who have just left school. But oh well. They do induction days and stuff also to meet new people etc
Reply 118
Original post by CharleyLeanne1
Yeah of course I can. I feel like that at the minute as am 18, so I don't want it to be people who have just left school. But oh well. They do induction days and stuff also to meet new people etc

Thanks, I hope you enjoy your course
Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwickshire college is really good, I studied my maths there and passed last year. I am now on a access course at a different college. I'm sure you will be fine good luck! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending