The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello guys,
I wanna ask that can I get into (or even interviews) top universities (to do finance) such as LSE,UCL,Warwick...etc if I only do 3 sciences and maths in my A level, even I achieved great grades in AS and I did plenty of volunteering. (As they usually requires further maths)

Btw, I'm now struggling should I apply for finance next year or not, as I;m not quite sure whether my subjects are suitable or not :smile:
Original post by piu123445
Hello guys,
I wanna ask that can I get into (or even interviews) top universities (to do finance) such as LSE,UCL,Warwick...etc if I only do 3 sciences and maths in my A level, even I achieved great grades in AS and I did plenty of volunteering. (As they usually requires further maths)

Btw, I'm now struggling should I apply for finance next year or not, as I;m not quite sure whether my subjects are suitable or not :smile:

I did AS 3 Science and Maths, AABC for AS, i dropped my C grade in Chemistry. I was originally going to do medicine but the C chemistry would not be good haha. So i chose accounting for finance, i hold offers from Warwick and Bath which are top unis. AAA for both required, I am predicted AAB even though the B was a bit unfair and i couldnt get it moved to A prediction.

Regarding just finance course not sure, but i have been to warwick and you can choose modules to be heavily weighted in Finance rather than accounting.

Hope it helps! any Questions, reply or msg to me
Predicted grades: A Economics A Biology A Maths
Got accepted by Nottingham, Warwick, Loughborough and Reading
Rejected by LSE
Firm = Nottingham Insurance = Warwick
Sorry to ask but somebody please answer this calculation question please http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4017643
anyone know why surrey is ranked high in the guardian league table but relatively low in the completeuniversityguide? I was gonna firm it but now i'm having second thoughts because it went down to 19th :frown:
Original post by yamooshtoday123
anyone know why surrey is ranked high in the guardian league table but relatively low in the completeuniversityguide? I was gonna firm it but now i'm having second thoughts because it went down to 19th :frown:

Look at the numbers... Each ranking system uses a different set of metrics and weights them differently.

Either way it doesn't matter, rankings mean bugger all and aren't themselves measures of reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know why Surrey's employment stats for accounting and finance are so low? Do these stats even matter so much that I shouldn't firm it?
They do matter, it may be due to the universitiy reputation of Surrey. It may not be seen as a "good uni" the industries
Look at https://www.linkedin.com/edu/rankings/gb/undergraduate-finance?trk=edu-rankings-category-switch-link-m
nn
(edited 7 years ago)
nn
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, I've firmed my offer from warwick from A&F and am interested to know how much of the course is essay based in general and maybe specific to warwick if anyone knows?

I'm not a fan of essay work so if its essays weighted I'm thinking of going for maths and physics but don't mind it its a minor part of the course. Thanks
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea if I would be at a disadvantage if I sent in my application to Cardiff Uni for A&F by the end of May? :/
Also, I did not do A Levels. I am an international student with an overall GPA of 3.3 Foundation. GCSEs AAAABBBE(E for Chemistry haha). Any foresight or opinion would be great! Thank you.
Hi guys
Got the offers from
Lancaster(acc and management)-industry
Nottingham (acc finance and management)
Cass(acc and finance)
Can somebody help me
I'm pretty much confused which uni to select
hi guys
confused which offer to consider as my firm choice
lancaster (accounting and management)-industry
nottingham(acc,finanace and management)
cass (acc and finanace)
can somebody help me please :smile:
Original post by mb nasser
hi guys
confused which offer to consider as my firm choice
lancaster (accounting and management)-industry
nottingham(acc,finanace and management)
cass (acc and finanace)
can somebody help me please :smile:

Notts/Cass >>> Lancs

Would personally go with Notts as London is pretty expensive as a student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody else firmed Warwick and insured Durham (straight finance) ???
Can you please explain why Nottingham >Lancaster
As the rankings say something else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who knows if Essex uni are lenient on grades for accounting courses?
Reply 338
hey guys, how do you think ill find accounting and finance considering i dont enjoy economics, i did it and dropped it asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys! I am going to study accounting and finance and i have offers from herriot watt,exeter,cardiff and durham.Which uni is the best for this course?? It is said that durham business school is better than the others but do you think there is big gap academically between these universities???

Latest

Trending

Trending