The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Firm/Insurers 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bea492
Totally feel your pain. I'm sure I'll love wherever I go anyway and I can always do my post grad at Oxford :smile: yeah I see what you mean I think it is a marmite uni lol. I haven't visited either yet but I definitely will be doing so before I make any decisions. Do you have a Notts offer yet? Where else did you apply? I just feel like no one is actually enthusiastic about going to Warwick it just seems like a lot of Oxbridge rejects disappointed they ended up at their second choice lol. :/ on the other hand my friend is doing 1st year law currently and LOVES it :smile:

Yeah make sure.:wink: I don't have an offer, but probably won't be going there regardless. I applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham and LSE, offers from LSE/Warwick and Birmingham. Warwick will probs be my firm.:smile: Lol I know exactly what you mean, but I PMed a few practising lawyers/barristers and they assured me that Warwick is a great university and a 1st would beat out a 2:1 from Oxbridge (talk about getting ahead of myself:biggrin:) Ooh Is he/she at Warwick? I really like how the course isn't just black letter- and takes into account social context,etc.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Probably firming for Law, after being rejected by Cambridge.:hmmm:
Reply 22
Original post by Tsunami2011
Yeah make sure.:wink: I don't have an offer, but probably won't be going there regardless. I applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham and LSE, offers from LSE/Warwick and Birmingham. Warwick will probs be my firm.:smile: Lol I know exactly what you mean, but I PMed a few practising lawyers/barristers and they assured me that Warwick is a great university and a 1st would beat out a 2:1 from Oxbridge (talk about getting ahead of myself:biggrin:) Ooh Is he/she at Warwick? I really like how the course isn't just black letter- and takes into account social context,etc.

Congrats on those great offers! I knew a guy who got rejected from LSE but got an offer from Cambridge so congrats on the nod from them. Although I think you're right not to firm I reckon the social life there would be so so dead even though its London. Such a small, concentrated, heavily international place (not that that's a bad thing it's just I find the internationals of the same nationality sort of group together and rarely mix). Great uni though :smile:
Oooh wow! Where were these lawyers from? This excites me :biggrin: Better get working on my 1st then :wink:
Yeah I love that about it too that's really what I'm looking for to be honest. I think it could be quite dull without context. Yes she's at Warwick living in Westwood. She absolutely loves it :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Junaid16

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do great without Cambridge. Welcome to the reject club :wink:
Original post by Bea492
Congrats on those great offers! I knew a guy who got rejected from LSE but got an offer from Cambridge so congrats on the nod from them. Although I think you're right not to firm I reckon the social life there would be so so dead even though its London. Such a small, concentrated, heavily international place (not that that's a bad thing it's just I find the internationals of the same nationality sort of group together and rarely mix). Great uni though :smile:
Oooh wow! Where were these lawyers from? This excites me :biggrin: Better get working on my 1st then :wink:
Yeah I love that about it too that's really what I'm looking for to be honest. I think it could be quite dull without context. Yes she's at Warwick living in Westwood. She absolutely loves it :smile:

Haha Thanks:wink: I live in London, so really don't want to go to LSE for the reasons you've listed and a few others. The guys I PMed even said that they'd choose Warwick over LSE in my situation. They're two posters on here (on the legal forum) by the name of Jacketpotato and Kessler, I think one's at a magic circle and the other is some form of a barrister.If you'd like I could forward you the response to my email to them Their advice was really helpful, and reassured me that it really isn't Oxbridge or bust in the legal world, and Warwick is right up there. Yep, as I said before the course looks really interesting, the Notts one looked quite dry imo:s-smilie: Also, research the lecturers! I looked at Birmingham's staff and lots of them had LLBs from the likes of Liverpool John Moores which was slightly offputting.:colondollar: Warwick won't harm your prospects at all! Pick Warwick!:colone:

EDIT: I just realised, you only get onee choice since you don't need an insurance, must be scary, all or nothing.:eek:
Reply 25
Original post by Tsunami2011
Haha Thanks:wink: I live in London, so really don't want to go to LSE for the reasons you've listed and a few others. The guys I PMed even said that they'd choose Warwick over LSE in my situation. They're two posters on here (on the legal forum) by the name of Jacketpotato and Kessler, I think one's at a magic circle and the other is some form of a barrister.If you'd like I could forward you the response to my email to them Their advice was really helpful, and reassured me that it really isn't Oxbridge or bust in the legal world, and Warwick is right up there. Yep, as I said before the course looks really interesting, the Notts one looked quite dry imo:s-smilie: Also, research the lecturers! I looked at Birmingham's staff and lots of them had LLBs from the likes of Liverpool John Moores which was slightly offputting.:colondollar: Warwick won't harm your prospects at all! Pick Warwick!:colone:

EDIT: I just realised, you only get onee choice since you don't need an insurance, must be scary, all or nothing.:eek:

Yeah that sounds great! Forward me the message! You are really swinging me towards Warwick right now haha! Yes just one choice! But I guess it's easier in the sense that I know I'm definitely going to that one choice and all the work is done. God getting back into the whole studying lark is going to be a tough one. I don't think I have that many braincells left after this gap year to be honest! :wink:
Reply 26
I'll be firming Warwick for Maths (MMath)! :biggrin:
Reply 27
Any Engineering firmers/insurers?
Reply 28
An Economics firmer here! :biggrin: (possibly transferring to MORSE :colone:)
Original post by Junaid16

meh, i was too :rolleyes:

ah well, everything happens for a reason :biggrin:

P.S. - Jampolo :wink:
Original post by Francium
An Economics firmer here! :biggrin: (definitely transferring to MORSE :colone:)

fixed :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
fixed :biggrin:

haha thanks :biggrin: are you a MORSE firmer? :P
Original post by Francium
haha thanks :biggrin: are you a MORSE firmer? :P

Ironically, no at the moment im not. I have an offer for maths, interview for MORSE. not sure wht to do yet. might not even make the maths offer!
Reply 33
Ironically, no at the moment im not. I have an offer for maths, interview for MORSE. not sure wht to do yet. might not even make the maths offer!

Oh you will meet the maths offer and good luck with the MORSE interview :cute:
Management firm. any others?
Reply 35

When did you get your interview letter?

I'm a MORSE firmer, if I get the offer... If not, a Warwick A&F or LSE SwF firmer.
Reply 36
Got rejection from LSE for A&F :colonhash:, so firming Warwick :smile: (prefered Warwick anyway. LSE is poor for student life)
Really cant wait now :smile:
Original post by joshgoldman
When did you get your interview letter?

I'm a MORSE firmer, if I get the offer... If not, a Warwick A&F or LSE SwF firmer.

Back in late Novermber but had to rearrange the interview.

After looking at a MORSE booklet today, im torn between Maths or MORSE (if i get a MORSE offer that is) because being an acutuarial seems quite appealing right now :colone:
Reply 38
Back in late Novermber but had to rearrange the interview.

After looking at a MORSE booklet today, im torn between Maths or MORSE (if i get a MORSE offer that is) because being an acutuarial seems quite appealing right now :colone:

Ah I see. Out of interest, when is your interview scheduled for? I don't think they've started sending out interview letters yet this term, so if there's an interview day soon, one would think this week would be their first batch of letters!

I'd pick MORSE over Maths any day. The entry requirements for Maths are crazy, especially when MORSE seems like such an interesting and enjoyable course!

You will get an offer! Everyone that I've ever seen on here who has been interviewed ended up with one!
Reply 39
I'm going to be firming Warwick for MORSE :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest