The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Where is a the Laundry Room?

Hi folks,

This might sound a stupid question. Anyway want to know where the laundry room is and some details about it.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Depends upon which campus: on College Lane, there is a laundrette at Chapman Hall. Whilst on DeHav I think each individual hall has their own laundry.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Pneus

Original post by Pneus
Depends upon which campus: on College Lane, there is a laundrette at Chapman Hall. Whilst on DeHav I think each individual hall has their own laundry.

Sorry I forgot to mention the campus, which is College Lane in my case. Anyhow, thanks for telling where it is Pneus.
The one on College Lane, as Pneus said, is at Chapman Hall. What sort of details did you want to know about it?
It's pretty easy walking distance from wherever you're living on campus (the furthest is Roberts Way, and i live towards the back of it, so at most it takes me just under five minutes, depending on how much washing i have + how lazy i'm feeling!). It's right at the front of the hall, so it's pretty obvious.

To use the washing machine costs £2 (£2.20 for a super cycle i think it is, but never seen anyone use it...) and the dryer costs £1 to use.
Most students get a clothes horse to hang washing up on, but a lot do use the dryer for most of their clothes. Personally i just use it for towels and bedding. The facilities aren't great, i won't lie, they do look like they've been there for god knows how long, and don't do an amazing job, but hey, you're a student, and they do the job. =P
Also, the timers on, mainly the washing machines, tend to lie a bit. ;>_>
Don't bother setting an alarm or whatever for slightly less time than it says, as i can guarantee it won't be done by then. xD;

Anything else you want to know just ask~
Reply 4
Original post by Paper Flowers

Original post by Paper Flowers
The one on College Lane, as Pneus said, is at Chapman Hall. What sort of details did you want to know about it?
It's pretty easy walking distance from wherever you're living on campus (the furthest is Roberts Way, and i live towards the back of it, so at most it takes me just under five minutes, depending on how much washing i have + how lazy i'm feeling!). It's right at the front of the hall, so it's pretty obvious.

To use the washing machine costs £2 (£2.20 for a super cycle i think it is, but never seen anyone use it...) and the dryer costs £1 to use.
Most students get a clothes horse to hang washing up on, but a lot do use the dryer for most of their clothes. Personally i just use it for towels and bedding. The facilities aren't great, i won't lie, they do look like they've been there for god knows how long, and don't do an amazing job, but hey, you're a student, and they do the job. =P
Also, the timers on, mainly the washing machines, tend to lie a bit. ;>_>
Don't bother setting an alarm or whatever for slightly less time than it says, as i can guarantee it won't be done by then. xD;

Anything else you want to know just ask~

That was very informative. Thanks a lot for the big reply. This is more than I wanted to know. :d
Reply 5
Original post by Pneus

DeHav have quite a few laundry rooms, you should def be able to find at least two quite close to any halls lived in on Dehav and the prices are the same as mentioned in an earlier post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending