The Student Room Group

The University of Dundee Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SSUB
Scholarships r usually given for graduate entries. It means u r getting ur offer. Congratulations well done!!!!

CONGRATS SSUB. You deserve the offer :smile: you worked hard for it I'm sure :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So is everyone who's currently holding offers international then or a mixed bag?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 822
Are the people getting offers all internationals? Well done!! :-)
Original post by Cephalosporin
LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no seriously, unless my memory got swapped with another applicant's, I genuinely found the interview very, very tough. I have an offer from King's and still waiting to hear back from two other schools. Darn it, I never thought I'd be in this position where I actually get to choose where I want to go. This is what happens when schools wait UNTIL MARCH to get back to me or else I would've just done what you did and stopped going to interviews after I get into one. :P You must've done so well at your interview!!

Looks like offers for internationals are going out today. Hopefully home students are next!

You must be on cloud 10. HAHA. Looks like you were an awesome candidate. everyone wants you. =x CONGRATULATIONS. Cant say that enough. We're GONNA BE DOCTORS. I remember when i got my offer. I was like. "Oh they probably want some extra info." BAM. Utter shock. I read the mail 4 times. HAHA. I think the internationals get the scholarship cuz of the impending referendum. If Scotland does vote to become independent, Scotland would attract the quality international students. Sounds like thats their plan anyway. =\

Hope you choose wisely Cephal. ;D *AHEM*Dundee*AHEM* ;D

edit: clearing my throat.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 824
Original post by Dr. Shades
CONGRATS SSUB. You deserve the offer :smile: you worked hard for it I'm sure :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you SO much Dr. Shades ! :smile: I'm on cloud 9 right now! We're actually going to med school, wow.
Reply 825
Original post by Purpledoc
Hi everyone ..! Just got the offer . And yea with the scholarship ..!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on the offer! :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Cephalosporin

^ Don't worry, you are not alone. I think I literally went mad waiting for decisions. Try to take your time off by doing other things, like eating cake. :P

I've eaten most of the contents of the cupboards already :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes , I am international and am from Singapore . Dundee is my 2nd offer - first was Leicester . Now waiting to hear from Newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile
So are all the offers so far international, or have some home students got any as well? :smile:
Reply 829
They all seem to be international :beard:

Scots better hear back tomorrow or something :angry:
JUST GOT AN UNCONDTIONAL OFFER FOR 2015 (Intl student from Singapore here)! It's my first one so I'm really really thankful! It's 2am in the morning here, but I just woke my family up with my outburst oops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 831
Congratulations on all the international offers!!! Does anyone know whether all Scottish offers would be conditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really wishing you guys the best of luck for all your applications! Since Dundee is already giving out offers to the international students, I believe that they will also be able to give out the local offers soon! Guess the person on the panel who's ill didn't really hinder the processing of the offers that much after all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatnydguy
Guess the person on the panel who's ill didn't really hinder the processing of the offers that much after all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally just said this to my mum! :biggrin:
Original post by tenormadness
I literally just said this to my mum! :biggrin:

Remember that they said it took about a month to fix statistics on MMIs though so that some people didn't have an easier interview than others. If there were only a couple of interview dates for internationals and they all had the same stations, they would have no statistics to fiddle with and offers could be out much sooner!
Reply 835
I know they won't have as much bother with statistics and percentages etc with international applicants etc but thats not what's getting my hopes up... I called last week and I spoke to a woman who said that admissions hadn't even met yet to discuss offers. However, they would still have to meet and discuss for international applicants so if they managed that (even though that meeting would be shorter/easier) they should manage to meet and discuss us sometime soon? Maybe wishful thinking but I am going insane over here... I juuust waaaant to knoooow
Reply 836
What email address do I use to ask?
Original post by rc16
What email address do I use to ask?

Maybe just Mr. Black ([email protected])?

Please let us know what they say!
Reply 838
Original post by peanutbutter18
Maybe just Mr. Black ([email protected])?

Please let us know what they say!

Thats the one I used and very weirdly received an automatic response saying he had 'gone on holiday until the 23rd September'. I can only hope this is because he has made all the decisions now and the only thing left to do is send them?
Original post by rc16
Thats the one I used and very weirdly received an automatic response saying he had 'gone on holiday until the 23rd September'. I can only hope this is because he has made all the decisions now and the only thing left to do is send them?

23rd September?! Jesus, I hope so! Don't plan on waiting that long for a decision! Maybe it was him who sent it because he's fed up of being bothered by annoying med hopefuls like us!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending