The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The Official Exeter Applicants Thread 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LunaLovegood2508
I've put Exeter as my firm choice so now I just have to get AAB :biggrin: French and Film Studies... anyone else??

i'm terrible at languages but i'm studying film at exeter for sure this year !
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Exeter is my firm choice, can't wait to start in September!
anyone doing English and Drama???? 😏😏
Original post by Tabatha Gregg
Exeter is my firm choice, can't wait to start in September!
anyone doing English and Drama???? 😏😏

Exeter is my insurance for English, so would be in the same English lectures! 🤗

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone studying biological sciences in September?
How lenient do you think the university would be if , say if my offer is AAB and I get ABB or AAC? I'm really starting to worry I didn't get the grades, even though I felt relatively content after all but one exam
I hate post-exam paranoia 😞😠
Original post by chaotic.school
How lenient do you think the university would be if , say if my offer is AAB and I get ABB or AAC? I'm really starting to worry I didn't get the grades, even though I felt relatively content after all but one exam
I hate post-exam paranoia 😞😠

I am feeling the exact same as you ! The thing is you have done the best you can , try and get it off your mind!!
So they will look at your personal statement if you don't meet the grades but you sound intelligent and lovely and they take everything into consideration. I know people that applied expecting to get AAB and got BBC and got into a university ! It's about you as a person it's not all about the grades :smile:
Original post by Tabatha Gregg
I am feeling the exact same as you ! The thing is you have done the best you can , try and get it off your mind!!
So they will look at your personal statement if you don't meet the grades but you sound intelligent and lovely and they take everything into consideration. I know people that applied expecting to get AAB and got BBC and got into a university ! It's about you as a person it's not all about the grades :smile:

Haha, getting BBC is my exact fear, and being just off those As. I really wanted to get into Exeter and I think my personal statement was solid, so fingers crossed all the exams went well too. Thanks! 😊
What accommodation has everyone chosen? I can't make up my mind! Any advice?
Thank you :*
[QUOTE=Tabatha Gregg;66094565]What accommodation has everyone chosen? I can't make up my mind! Any advice?
Thank you :*

I put Birk's Grange as my first followed my Lafrowda, and the other ensuite accommodation. They all look pretty much the same so I would look at the location and price more than the accommodation itself. I just knew I wanted an ensuite. What course are you doing in September?
Original post by amelimoo
I put Birk's Grange as my first followed my Lafrowda, and the other ensuite accommodation. They all look pretty much the same so I would look at the location and price more than the accommodation itself. I just knew I wanted an ensuite. What course are you doing in September?

I definitely want ensuite but the prices are worrying me a just a little! I will , thank you! I am doing English and Drama wbu?
[QUOTE=jerseyalevel;63997243]Firmed Exeter today to study biological sciences - is anyone else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too!! Streatham campus right?
[QUOTE=Tabatha Gregg;66095375]I definitely want ensuite but the prices are worrying me a just a little! I will , thank you! I am doing English and Drama wbu?

Yeah the accommodation is so expensive! I guess that's because it's the South West though, where are you from? And ooo cool I'm doing Biological Sciences
Yeah the accommodation is so expensive! I guess that's because it's the South West though, where are you from? And ooo cool I'm doing Biological Sciences

Yeah think I will be living on bread and water at this rate! I am from Leicester wbu? Sounds difficult!
[QUOTE=Tabatha Gregg;66095465]Yeah think I will be living on bread and water at this rate! I am from Leicester wbu? Sounds difficult!

Haha same :') and I'm from Plymouth, what's it like living in Leicester? And are you kidding? Drama would actually be my worst nightmare! And Alevel English is enough for me!
Haha same :':wink: and I'm from Plymouth, what's it like living in Leicester? And are you kidding? Drama would actually be my worst nightmare! And Alevel English is enough for me!

Sounds a lot nicer than Leicester! It is good for the football but glad to be moving away to be honest!! What is it like in Plymouth? Oh I love drama, did you do Literautre, language or combined for your a level?
[QUOTE=Tabatha Gregg;66101253]Sounds a lot nicer than Leicester! It is good for the football but glad to be moving away to be honest!! What is it like in Plymouth? Oh I love drama, did you do Literautre, language or combined for your a level?

It's alright, but isn't Leicester like a proper city? It's nice being near to Dartmoor though! Although Plymouth is very weather dependent, lovely on a sunny day, absolutely rubbish when it's pouring it down! And I did English Literature, what Alevels did you take?
Anyone studying biological sciences in September?

Me! But with year abroad hopefully, what's your offer?
Hii!! I am going to be studying business and management in 2016, who else is there?
I've applied for msc international tourism mgmt. Anyone else? 😀
Anyone doing MSc Finance & Management??? Please PM me! need some help in selecting modules

Quick Reply