The Student Room Group

Article: The Apple student discount

"Prices correct as of November 2013"? :erm:
I'm looking at MacBooks at the moment as I'll be hopefully starting university this year. However, I have come across something rather odd. After trying to find my institution on the apple website I realised I don't actually have any student ID for it, so I tried to access the student pricing another way. And I found the student website, or at least I thought I had, as the prices were lower than normal. However I thought the discount was 15% off, but the price for a 13" macbook was stated to be £798 instead of the £849, which is definitely not 15% off. So then I decided to log into the apple store from my unidays account, which is verified by my college ID rather than my non-existent Uni ID. I found the price to be lower by this route and it was £729 for the same laptop! And this coincidentally is very near 15% off.

So if anyone can explain why there are two different pricings for "student discount" I would love to hear it...
Reply 3
Original post by aprocrastinator
I'm looking at MacBooks at the moment as I'll be hopefully starting university this year. However, I have come across something rather odd. After trying to find my institution on the apple website I realised I don't actually have any student ID for it, so I tried to access the student pricing another way. And I found the student website, or at least I thought I had, as the prices were lower than normal. However I thought the discount was 15% off, but the price for a 13" macbook was stated to be £798 instead of the £849, which is definitely not 15% off. So then I decided to log into the apple store from my unidays account, which is verified by my college ID rather than my non-existent Uni ID. I found the price to be lower by this route and it was £729 for the same laptop! And this coincidentally is very near 15% off.

So if anyone can explain why there are two different pricings for "student discount" I would love to hear it...

The latter of the two prices is correct; the online equivalent of accessing the Apple store student discount is provided via Unidays. If you log in to your Unidays account then go to the Apple discount offer, you should be redirected to the student site.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending