Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by whiteblankpage10
sorry to intrude on the applicant's thread, i'm a fresher in my first month at the uni so i thought i could be of some help! :smile:

the buildings are all fairly close to each other, well the one's i know of are :smile: i'm doing english literature and it's all fairly central.
i understand that there's some buildings that are a bit more spread out but the city is so easy to get around it's not an issue :smile:

as for a central point, the new su building's just been opened, a lot of people hang about there/outside there. it's opposite northern stage :smile: it's a really nice building, with lounges and study group clusters, every time i go in there i find another little place i didn't know about haha!

it is a beautiful campus in that central area. the building i'm in is in the quadrangle, which is lovely.
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/tour/campus/quadrangle/

^that's an example of how nice it is. there's more tour stuff on the website :smile:

even though the main campus is in the middle of town it does sometimes feel separated from the city, which is nice. but you can literally walk 2 mins into town as well. it's lovely :smile:

hope i've been of some assistance! haha :smile: xx

Thank you for your advice :smile: Much appreciated :biggrin: (I shall rep you when I get some more rep :biggrin:)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 21
another medicine applicant here :biggrin:
i applied to newcastle newcastle. ive not been there before but it looks really nice!
got a confirmation e-mail 2 days after they received my application but that's it
applying for history, i live just outside newcastle so if you have any questions about the city/nightlife/whatever just ask :smile: x
Reply 24
Newcastle finally sent me my acknowledgement email :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by Med_Geek
Newcastle finally sent me my acknowledgement email :biggrin:

How long did it take them to send your acknowledgement email? I sent my application about 8 days ago and I've heard nothing from any of my choices, and I've seen on her people getting acknowledgements from Newcastle in 2 days so I'm getting a little paranoid...!
Reply 26
Original post by Rhonaa
How long did it take them to send your acknowledgement email? I sent my application about 8 days ago and I've heard nothing from any of my choices, and I've seen on her people getting acknowledgements from Newcastle in 2 days so I'm getting a little paranoid...!

I sent my application on 7th October if that helps :wink:
Original post by Emgrace
I've applied for Biology :biggrin: Course looks awesome. Wasn't so keen on the accommodation. I liked the Victoria Hall one over the motor way, but I dont think I could ever live there because there was no green or trees anywhere! Just cars and concrete :frown:
You can tell Im a Biology student can't you? :P
Anyway Im predicted A*A*A*A (A in Gen studs so not important). So Yay :smile:
People seem surprised Im going for Uni's asking ABB and stuff, but the course is way better than some that ask for AAA! So whatever :P

I've just started at Newcastle this September doing Zoology, which has the same first year as the Biology course, and I can't recommend it highly enough!
Also come and live at Castle Leazes if you want greenery :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by Med_Geek
I sent my application on 7th October if that helps :wink:

Ok, so it took them a while to get back to you, phew! How quickly did you get your UCAS track stuff through? I've not had that yet either, seriously beginning to think my application is lost in cyber space somewhere haha! Good luck with your application =)
Reply 29
Original post by rennythetoad16
I've just started at Newcastle this September doing Zoology, which has the same first year as the Biology course, and I can't recommend it highly enough!
Also come and live at Castle Leazes if you want greenery :biggrin:

Is Castle Leazes by the park? :smile: Is it self catered?

What's the teaching like and stuff? Is it really good. I do really like the course!
Reply 30
I'm applying for Biology too :smile: woooo! not even thought about accommodation yet :rolleyes: but i loved loved loved the look of the course :biggrin:
Reply 31
I'm applying for medicine too :smile:
Reply 32
Offer for Law :smile:
Reply 33
Offer for Law here too - AAA :biggrin:
Reply 34
Anyone else applying for history at Newcastle? I loved it on the open day; wish they'd send my UCAS off soon, especially since everyone seems to be getting offers now! :frown:
Applying to Newcastle for Computer Science!
Reply 36
Just got email from the biology department saying they were considering my application and would tell me in the 'coming weeks'!
I thought they'd already have it by now, got acknowledgement from the Uni weeks ago :P
Reply 37
Applied for chemistry! :biggrin:
Applied for Ancient History :smile:
I'm applying for psychology, anyone else? :smile:
Predicted A*A*AA
I loved newcastle so much! It's my second choice after Oxford :smile: <3

Quick Reply

Latest