The Student Room Group

Language applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Leeds over a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. (not even been acknowledged). Will I not get one? :s-smilie: I've applied for German!
Original post by Heatherr17
It must just be languages that get neglected! ahah It's the one uni that hasn't given me any acknowledgement grr. So are you doing joint honours maths with a language?

Hahah yeah probably! But i guess each department does their own thing... I havent got one from lancaster but i think thats a uni rather than subject thing...
Ermm at some unis i am but not leeds. Just maths as the course has an option to do elective modules in another subject and year abroad so... :smile:

Whats your language?
Original post by JakeE10
I applied to Leeds over a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. (not even been acknowledged). Will I not get one? :s-smilie: I've applied for German!

I applied last month and didn't get one if that helps any ^^

However,finally got a reply from the A2L people,I'm eligible to apply < 3 Yay!
Original post by BeccaCath94
Hahah yeah probably! But i guess each department does their own thing... I havent got one from lancaster but i think thats a uni rather than subject thing...
Ermm at some unis i am but not leeds. Just maths as the course has an option to do elective modules in another subject and year abroad so... :smile:

Whats your language?

I'm applying for Spanish and French at 4 unis then Span Fr and Beginners Italian at St Andrews. But in Leeds, I'd do Italian in my elective modules and can not wait for the year abroad wherever I go! Which language are you doing? Have you got any offers yet?
Reply 1964
My application form has been sent to UCAS today. Still not happy with the unis I had to apply for. Gap yah here I come.
I'm applying for Spanish and French at 4 unis then Span Fr and Beginners Italian at St Andrews. But in Leeds, I'd do Italian in my elective modules and can not wait for the year abroad wherever I go! Which language are you doing? Have you got any offers yet?

Ooh that all sounds cool :biggrin:
I'm applying for maths and german.......i must be mad!! haha
Yeah ive had two offers so far....liverpool and heriot watt, although i really want an offer from leeds or lancaster (and sheffield!:tongue:)
Reply 1966
Offer from Sussex today for French and Italian...just waiting for Sheffield and Lancaster now!
Ooh that all sounds cool :biggrin:
I'm applying for maths and german.......i must be mad!! haha
Yeah ive had two offers so far....liverpool and heriot watt, although i really want an offer from leeds or lancaster (and sheffield!:tongue:)

That sounds like an impossible course but if you like German and Maths, I'm sure it will be great...ahaha. Well donnee! I got my first offer from my last choice but was just excited that finally a University had replied. I would love an offer from Leeds too...wish they'd hurry up and decide already :L
Original post by boocat
Offer from Sussex today for French and Italian...just waiting for Sheffield and Lancaster now!

I'm waiting for them two and leeds :biggrin:
Original post by Pi!
My application form has been sent to UCAS today. Still not happy with the unis I had to apply for. Gap yah here I come.

Which Unis have you applied to and with what course? A gap year wouldn't be that bad, if I don't get into where I want to go, I'm deff contemplating it ahah
That sounds like an impossible course but if you like German and Maths, I'm sure it will be great...ahaha. Well donnee! I got my first offer from my last choice but was just excited that finally a University had replied. I would love an offer from Leeds too...wish they'd hurry up and decide already :L

Hahaha thats what most people are saying to me..... :tongue:
Im gradually going off the german part but the majority (inc leeds) are just year abroad which i can drop beforehand so.... :smile:
Yeah same! haha i got so excited about my BBB offer when im aiming for AAB!!!
Hahaha thats what most people are saying to me..... :tongue:
Im gradually going off the german part but the majority (inc leeds) are just year abroad which i can drop beforehand so.... :smile:
Yeah same! haha i got so excited about my BBB offer when im aiming for AAB!!!

Woah that's so good, they must really want you! What are your predictions? No I think languages are really useful (I would) and worth carrying on ahah :biggrin:
Original post by Pi!

Why, where have you applied? :smile:
Woah that's so good, they must really want you! What are your predictions? No I think languages are really useful (I would) and worth carrying on ahah :biggrin:

Hahaha well its just my insurance...its nice but too far away for me....
My predicted grades are AAB and my applications are BBB, ABB and AAB...... :smile:
Yeah they are useful but if you're rubbish at them then not much use!!
Hahaha well its just my insurance...its nice but too far away for me....
My predicted grades are AAB and my applications are BBB, ABB and AAB...... :smile:
Yeah they are useful but if you're rubbish at them then not much use!!

If you're predicted AAB, I don't think you're rubbish at them...ahaha
If you're predicted AAB, I don't think you're rubbish at them...ahaha

Well im rubbish at german!!!! Thats the B....i like to think im good at the other two..... :smile:
Well im rubbish at german!!!! Thats the B....i like to think im good at the other two..... :smile:

Hey that doesn't mean you're rubbish at it! A B in a language is great!! They're one of the hardest A Levels to do, you should be proud :smile:
Reply 1977
Just got an offer from Bristol!! OVER THE MOON! They want 2 Bs :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1978
Original post by Taurus05

Just got an offer from Bristol!! OVER THE MOON! They want 2 Bs :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well done!! :dance:

2 Bs?!? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending