The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by lifesabeach
does anybody know Imperial's policy on accommodation and insurance choice? For example, you don't make the grades for your firm and Imperial is your insurance; I have read on their website that when you 'firm' them on UCAS you will be guaranteed accommodation in halls for the first year...does anyone know what happens through insurance choice, do you they sort anything else out for you?

As the website says, you're only guaranteed a Halls place if you firm them.
That being said, they will still try to find you somewhere if they are your insurance, but there are no promises. They're not obliged to do anything if they are not your firm.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by desy.kris
hey dude, have you submitted the exercise back? have they made a decision?

I'm about to finish mine off :tongue: just need to finish numbers 2 and 5 and then done!

Yup I submitted it last Sunday and got a reply from them on Monday saying that they will inform me of their final decision within a month. :smile:

Good luck to you.
Original post by {Unregistered}
Yup I submitted it last Sunday and got a reply from them on Monday saying that they will inform me of their final decision within a month. :smile:

Good luck to you.

could you do every single question on your own? not gonna ask you for answers don't worry, just wanna see if it's actually easy to other people because I find number 4 difficult and 2 troublesome although I have an idea.

and, ONE MONTH??? :eek:

thank you!! good luck to you too :smile:
could you do every single question on your own? not gonna ask you for answers don't worry, just wanna see if it's actually easy to other people because I find number 4 difficult and 2 troublesome although I have an idea.

and, ONE MONTH??? :eek:

thank you!! good luck to you too :smile:

No. 4 required some logical thinking but No.2 (the graph) was fairly easy. I mean it's just a graph.:confused: Maybe you have a different exercise?

I probably spent the largest amount of time on 4.

Overall, I honestly think that it is almost impossible to finish it on your own in just the 35 minutes (the suggested time). I definitely took a lottttttt more than that.

But don't worry too much. Just put your head to it and you'll get it. :thumb:

Oh and yeah, a month is indeed a lot of time. But I think I'll probably get their reply within the next 2 or so weeks. (Much earlier than the Jan 15 deadline they listed).
Reply 1904
Original post by maemg
me 3 i sent my form for biotech at the same time as some other peps and they have offers and i have nothing :frown:

i know!!! getting sooo stressed out atm!! onlt heard from 1 uni..and that's it!! and i prefer my other choices more :mad::mad::mad:
Original post by darkfang77
I think if you're a insurance for ICL, then you're not guaranteed anything.

Btw, has anyone got anything for Biochem at ICL yet? Still waiting....

Bump ^

I have got replies from everywhere (Oxon, UCL, KCL and Warwick).
Still nothing from ICL.

Any ideas anyone?
Reply 1906
Original post by KinLong
i know!!! getting sooo stressed out atm!! onlt heard from 1 uni..and that's it!! and i prefer my other choices more :mad::mad::mad:

Original post by darkfang77
Bump ^

I have got replies from everywhere (Oxon, UCL, KCL and Warwick).
Still nothing from ICL.

Any ideas anyone?

I was looking at last years thread and apparently the department for biochem and biotech are very random when they pick up a set of forms to assess. people who applied in september didnt hear until january while some people who applied in november heard back in december but i reckon your likely to hear back before mid december before the uni closes if you've had your application in early.
anyone heared bk from biomed?
No. 4 required some logical thinking but No.2 (the graph) was fairly easy. I mean it's just a graph.:confused: Maybe you have a different exercise?

Overall, I honestly think that it is almost impossible to finish it on your own in just the 35 minutes (the suggested time). I definitely took a lottttttt more than that.

Oh and yeah, a month is indeed a lot of time. But I think I'll probably get their reply within the next 2 or so weeks. (Much earlier than the Jan 15 deadline they listed).

ahaha I know it's just graphing, not my favourite since we don't go much into this in IB (not sure about A levels). I have an idea of what it looks like, but the working is just troublesome. I'm always lazy when the working is a bit long :P

logical thinking for qn 4? hmmm... how long is your working though? all I can think about is sigma notation or telescoping, ughhh

lol idk how much time I took, I only did it in my spare time. not more than 1 hour I don't think, but idk if it's more or less than the proposed time.

oh lol good luck!! if you get an offer, will you firm Imperial?
wooo admission exercise is done and sent to Imperial!!! now is just the wait for an offer :tongue:

hey, I wonder if you sent the hard copy of your answers to the address given too? or email the scanned copy only?
has anyone who got interviewed for aeronautical engineering heard any news yet? I was interviewed 2 days ago, and I'm wondering when a decision will be made.
hey, I wonder if you sent the hard copy of your answers to the address given too? or email the scanned copy only?

No I just scanned my answer sheets and sent them through e-mail. :smile:

Whether or not I'll firm Imperial depends on where else I get an offer from.:wink:

What about you? Which other universities have you applied to?
No I just scanned my answer sheets and sent them through e-mail. :smile:

Whether or not I'll firm Imperial depends on where else I get an offer from.:wink:

What about you? Which other universities have you applied to?

oh okay :smile: lol Oxford is my first choice so it depends too :tongue: I'm unlikely to firm Imperial though! I've applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Soton, Westminster. you?
oh okay :smile: lol Oxford is my first choice so it depends too :tongue: I'm unlikely to firm Imperial though! I've applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Soton, Westminster. you?

Have applied to just Cambridge and Imperial in the UK.

Will be applying to MIT, CalTech, Stanford and possibly a couple of others in the US.

First choice should be MIT though (or possibly Cambridge???:confused:) :smile:
Have applied to just Cambridge and Imperial in the UK.

Will be applying to MIT, CalTech, Stanford and possibly a couple of others in the US.

First choice should be MIT though (or possibly Cambridge???:confused:) :smile:

looks like you apply only to the very prestigious ones :tongue: oh well, you're too awesome to talk to somebody like me!! I'm so ashamed...

do you get an interview from Cambridge already? if so good luck!!

good luck with your US unis too!! I'll just apply to Hong Kong if I don't get in to Oxford :tongue:
looks like you apply only to the very prestigious ones :tongue: oh well, you're too awesome to talk to somebody like me!! I'm so ashamed...

do you get an interview from Cambridge already? if so good luck!!

good luck with your US unis too!! I'll just apply to Hong Kong if I don't get in to Oxford :tongue:

LOL. :colondollar: I may apply to one or two more as a backup.

I had my Cambridge Interview just a few days ago (on Wednesday) and I think it went really well...but then again, Cambridge is not very predictable. :s-smilie: I'll just have to wait for January.

Are you applying to HKU? A friend of mine is applying there.
LOL. :colondollar: I may apply to one or two more as a backup.

I had my Cambridge Interview just a few days ago (on Wednesday) and I think it went really well...but then again, Cambridge is not very predictable. :s-smilie: I'll just have to wait for January.

Are you applying to HKU? A friend of mine is applying there.

ah damn, too late to wish you luck then :tongue: now, good luck with the wait!! I hope you'll get an offer!!

nope not that one, its application deadline is end of december so yeah... I wanna know if I get a place in Oxford first :smile:
ah damn, too late to wish you luck then :tongue: now, good luck with the wait!! I hope you'll get an offer!!

nope not that one, its application deadline is end of december so yeah... I wanna know if I get a place in Oxford first :smile:

Thank you very much! :smile:

And I see that you have an offer from Southampton. Congratulations to you on that. :thumb:

And good luck for your Oxford interview. :smile:
Hai guys,

About the offers/rejections after interview...how long does that actually take? I've heard so many things from different people (my interviewer said a week or two, the website says three weeks, someone else said a month).

Latest

Trending

Trending