The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Original post by Tateco
Hopefully not too much longer to wait :frown:

Well someone on this thread said they had contacted UCL and had received an email saying that they'll send in all decisions by the 31st of this month. So not too long anymore! It would be horrible to have waited until the last few days only to get a rejection though :/
What did you apply for?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 3761
Original post by maitai
Well someone on this thread said they had contacted UCL and had received an email saying that they'll send in all decisions by the 31st of this month. So not too long anymore! It would be horrible to have waited until the last few days only to get a rejection though :/
What did you apply for?

I was told that too when I emailed them. Economics, you?
Reply 3762
Original post by Tateco
I was told that too when I emailed them. Economics, you?

Well, I'm hoping they'll stay true to their word. I was too frightened to email them, in case they'd send me a rejection back!
I applied for History of Art.

Not sure if this will make you feel any better (or worse!) but I've noticed quite a few rejections for Economics while going through all the different UCL threads.
Reply 3763
Original post by maitai
Well, I'm hoping they'll stay true to their word. I was too frightened to email them, in case they'd send me a rejection back!
I applied for History of Art.

Not sure if this will make you feel any better (or worse!) but I've noticed quite a few rejections for Economics while going through all the different UCL threads.

Ah good luck!

Yeah there are so many people applying for it I don't feel very confident anymore :redface:
Reply 3764
Original post by Tateco
Ah good luck!

Yeah there are so many people applying for it I don't feel very confident anymore :redface:

Thank you, you too!

Well if nothing else, you can always take solace in the fact that you haven't been rejected yet. It means they see promise in you :smile: I'm sure it'll all work out for the better.
Physics unconditional offer F303 Physics MSci!
Reply 3766
Offer yesteday for L100 Economics A*AA:smile:
Reply 3767
'Due to the intense competition for places on this course,
UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the
best applicants. Regrettably, your UCAS application was
judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants.'

Well, I'm not too torn up about it because I knew it was a bit of a stretch! I just wish I wouldn't have had to wait so long for the rejection! I almost do wish I had applied to somewhere a little more attainable so I hadn't wasted my time worrying over it.

Good luck to anyone who is still waiting to hear back :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3768
Original post by maitai
'Due to the intense competition for places on this course,
UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the
best applicants. Regrettably, your UCAS application was
judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants.'

Well, I'm not too torn up about it because I knew it was a bit of a stretch! I just wish I wouldn't have had to wait so long for the rejection! I almost do wish I had applied to somewhere a little more attainable so I hadn't wasted my time worrying over it.

Good luck to anyone who is still waiting to hear back :smile:

i got that reason as well....what does it really mean?! my Personal Statement?
Reply 3769
Original post by Irenicis
i got that reason as well....what does it really mean?! my Personal Statement?

It's a bit vague to be honest. I think it can mean either your personal statement, your grades or anything in-between! I think it might be just that I just wasn't as good as other people or that I just didn't make enough of an impression...
Reply 3770
Original post by xavier10146
Sorry to hear that :frown: Can I ask which course you applied for?

Don't worry about it :smile: And I applied for History of Art!
Reply 3771

gratz dude
Reply 3772
Original post by nathgooner

what did you think of the department?
Any physicists about? UCL is my insurance for theoretical physics, offer is AB. :biggrin:
Reply 3774
Original post by Astronomical
Any physicists about? UCL is my insurance for theoretical physics, offer is AB. :biggrin:

Erm, yep.

What did you think of the dept?
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
omg guess what, I met my "friend" at the durham open day xDDD

In the end he got rejected from UCL :frown:

I also recognised one person from Warwick and another from St. Andrews. I basically know everyone applying for computer science now xDD

ohhh no! is this the other guy that was in the lift that day, or someone else lol :\
and i think knowing "everyone" is a bit of an overstatement lol! even saying u knew MOST of them is an overstatement!! :P
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
omg guess what, I met my "friend" at the durham open day xDDD

In the end he got rejected from UCL :frown:

I also recognised one person from Warwick and another from St. Andrews. I basically know everyone applying for computer science now xDD

also, are u gunna firm ucl yeah?? - I've probably asked u this already, but I'm dopey and forgetful and cant be bothered to go back and check...
Original post by Samdude
Erm, yep.

What did you think of the dept?

Ooh, hello my fellow physicist!

I thought it was OK... felt a bit like an old hospital building, but they had this hug lens that was to be used to make a map of the universe to calculate something to do with dark energy, which was worth millions, and was pretty cool. :P
Original post by inspiration01
also, are u gunna firm ucl yeah?? - I've probably asked u this already, but I'm dopey and forgetful and cant be bothered to go back and check...

ye firm ucl

and yes this is the other guy who was in the elevator, i met the middle eastern elevator guy at Durham. He walked up up from behind me and goes "OMG I KNOW YOU".

And yes I may be exaggerating, I knew like 4 people out of 20 xD

basically everyone

edit: 4 people including myself
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3779
Any physicists about? UCL is my insurance for theoretical physics, offer is AB.

Yup. AAB offer here. So what's your firm?

Latest

Trending

Trending