The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
Yeah she is, and yeah she's being different, but not so much BAD different...yet anyway

I guess now would be a bad time to tell her about your flashing escapades?
Original post by Anonymous
then you must be ancient :tongue:

I am :frown:
Reply 502
What am I going to do in the future:
What do I want to do? I want to go to university.
How much are you revising for your AS exams? Not really.
Do you think you'll get in with this attitude? No.
So what do you need to do? Start revising loads and concentrate on doing really well.

Yet I can't find the motivation :cry: . I know these exams are important, but I still don't want to do any work :sad:
urgh, so tired all the time on these meds, sleeping loads but even so I feel too tired to do anything when I am awake :frown: just so pointless being alive right now.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
I guess now would be a bad time to tell her about your flashing escapades?

Why does she need to know? :K:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I am :frown:

we all get old some day :tongue:

Original post by avhhs
What am I going to do in the future:
What do I want to do? I want to go to university.
How much are you revising for your AS exams? Not really.
Do you think you'll get in with this attitude? No.
So what do you need to do? Start revising loads and concentrate on doing really well.

Yet I can't find the motivation :cry: . I know these exams are important, but I still don't want to do any work :sad:

honestly, last year i stopped thinking about university or my career. i still concentrated on those As, but i was more focussed on getting them so that this year (A2 year) was easier for me. sometimes i find that if i focus too much on the bigger picture, and less on just what i need to do to get to the next stage, it all becomes overwhelming :hugs:
Why does she need to know? :K:

It was meant to be a joke. Seemingly I fail at that too.
It was meant to be a joke. Seemingly I fail at that too.

:frown:
:frown:

Eh, sorry didn't mean to make you upset. I'll just go and be depressive elsewhere.
Eh, sorry didn't mean to make you upset. I'll just go and be depressive elsewhere.

wtf lol, no need for passive aggressiveness. i doubt VV is upset by your presence.
Original post by littleshambles
wtf lol, no need for passive aggressiveness. i doubt VV is upset by your presence.

I'm not being passive aggressive. I was being blunt...
Original post by SciFiBoy
urgh, so tired all the time on these meds, sleeping loads but even so I feel too tired to do anything when I am awake :frown: just so pointless being alive right now.

The mirtazapine? Don't worry, the tiredness does wear off after a little while, it's just getting to that point that's annoying. :console:

Original post by littleshambles

LS has a point. I'm not upset at all.
I can't understand why wanting to die is considered to be wrong. I don't mean to insult anybody when I say this but I can't see the point in anyone's life, not just my own. We're born, do stuff that is pointless in the grand scheme of things and then die. People we meet along the way are going to die too so being close to them will hurt us in the end and that grief far outweighs the good times in my opinion.

I feel really alive but there's this heaviness in my chest that won't go away. They both cancel each other out leaving me with an indifferent numb feeling. I don't know if this is a side effect of fluoxetine or it's desired effect or neither.
Original post by Sabertooth
The mirtazapine? Don't worry, the tiredness does wear off after a little while, it's just getting to that point that's annoying. :console:

yeah, I hope so, is getting ridiculous! idk, seeing my GP again on Wednesday so will ask him about things I guess.
Reply 515

honestly, last year i stopped thinking about university or my career. i still concentrated on those As, but i was more focussed on getting them so that this year (A2 year) was easier for me. sometimes i find that if i focus too much on the bigger picture, and less on just what i need to do to get to the next stage, it all becomes overwhelming :hugs:

Yeah I think that may be easier. I really need to think of the shame if I failed.

This time last year, from the days leading up to study leave until after my prom, I was having the time of my life. I was having a lot of fun in school, I did well on my work (even if at times I left things to the last minute :tongue:), and, most importantly, I didn't really worry about not having a social life. I did well in my GCSE's. Then in September when I started Sixth Form, I started feeling very down because I didn't have a social life, and leading to as-of-yet undiagnosed depression in November after I became friends.with a popular girl the previous month. My parents did seek help. Meanwhile, in December it led to suicidal feelings, resulting in me running away from home in the evening on New Years Day to go to A&E. I hadn't told my parents and my phone's battery died, so they couldn't contact me and called the police who eventually found me..Then I started feeling quite good for about a month, but all this returned and slowly got worse, now to the point of not being able to cope at all again. Meanwhile, once regularly missed lessions in school, getting into trouble on various occasions. So I really am stuck :frown:
Original post by SciFiBoy
yeah, I hope so, is getting ridiculous! idk, seeing my GP again on Wednesday so will ask him about things I guess.

Can also get less sedating/more stimulating as the dose increases, never did hugely for me but does for some people. I'm just one of the unlucky people that found the sedation never really wore off, just got very marginally more manageable :tongue:
Original post by Exopaladin
Can also get less sedating/more stimulating as the dose increases, never did hugely for me but does for some people. I'm just one of the unlucky people that found the sedation never really wore off, just got very marginally more manageable :tongue:

ah, okay, well my mood hasn't picked up so maybe GP will raise the dose a bit, idk :/
I hate that I can't have the life of others. I so hate it.
I can't understand why wanting to die is considered to be wrong. I don't mean to insult anybody when I say this but I can't see the point in anyone's life, not just my own. We're born, do stuff that is pointless in the grand scheme of things and then die. People we meet along the way are going to die too so being close to them will hurt us in the end and that grief far outweighs the good times in my opinion.

I was actually thinking something along these lines too today. Not that I ever feel suicidal or anything, but after all this stressing about what to do with my life, trying to get a job, trying to do all this education, stressing about all this stuff when why does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? In 100 years time we'll all be gone and then that's that :dontknow:

Latest