The Student Room Group

TSR Muscle Building Society For Men V8

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BKS
I let a friend use my wrist wraps fairly often cause she doesn't have any. I never thought that they'd be more than a little gross cause even when I'm sweating it's not like my arms are sweating really.

Only just occurred to me I should do my knee sleeves too :lol: But they are strength shop too so can go in the machine then

lol, mine are the triple ply odin sleeves if that's useful.

[before anyone thinks im a lazy gear whore, i wear them for my strict presses and moving events lol, squats are SBD fo lyfe]
Just washed both my pairs of wrist wraps for the first time in about a year (I alternate them, plus one pair gives more support). Jesus Christ they stank. Even the box I kept them in smelled.
Couldn't imagine wrist wraps smelling that bad, to be honest.
Ciao lads, what are your thoughts on Jason Blaha? I found his fake natty series quite a good one, but I gather a lot of people seem to think he's an arse for some reason?
Original post by WildCampingWest
Ciao lads, what are your thoughts on Jason Blaha? I found his fake natty series quite a good one, but I gather a lot of people seem to think he's an arse for some reason?

I like his Q+As for the most part and most of his advice videos are pretty decent. He's an arse to the internet because he is a standard gun waving raving lunatic when it comes to guns and supports Trump.

I used to watch a lot of him, but moved on to other youtubers for the most part + out grown most of his advice as I'm no longer a beginner
Original post by Smack

I sweat a lot, from everywhere. Even when its not that warm - like when its like 10-15 degrees out I can get sweaty with anything more than a t-shirt and jeans on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7746
I'm very sweaty right now and my wrists are only very marginally sweaty. Must be little bits add up quick

My main sweaty proble of the day is monster DB is sliding down my back, regular tshirt has no grip when damp it seems. Chalk isn't enough for the amount of sweat. Any suggestions? All I've got is towel off and clean tshirt on before doing it but more washing to do is bad
Original post by BKS
I'm very sweaty right now and my wrists are only very marginally sweaty. Must be little bits add up quick

My main sweaty proble of the day is monster DB is sliding down my back, regular tshirt has no grip when damp it seems. Chalk isn't enough for the amount of sweat. Any suggestions? All I've got is towel off and clean tshirt on before doing it but more washing to do is bad

:sexface:
Reply 7748
Original post by Angry cucumber
:sexface:

:lol: if only

Gym is in the arch of a rail bridge, it's so clammy my glasses keep steaming up *
Original post by Gone Revising II
lol, mine are the triple ply odin sleeves if that's useful.

[before anyone thinks im a lazy gear whore, i wear them for my strict presses and moving events lol, squats are SBD fo lyfe]

Dude I've worn the triple ply grey ones on my knees and you are definitely a gear whore lmao. How the **** do you even bend your elbows?? And what comps even allow that? Mine were a size too big and still helped as much as some knee wraps but with none of the pain.

Original post by Smack

The same guy who asks to borrow my stuff showed me in a subsequent workout that his arms were so sweaty his chalk was turning into liquid. It was gross. He's not borrowing my **** again.

Original post by WildCampingWest

He's a moron, I don't believe half of the **** he says about steroids. Most of the time he comments on something I have actual knowledge of he is absolutely 100% wrong so why would I trust him on things I don't know about? He only says it because his target audience is a bunch of dumb kids who want to get off on how smart and cynical they are by saying everyone and their mother is using. He's also a classless **** who says he supports women being involved in sport and they when a woman actually did get involved in sport he made a video zooming in on her underwear and speculating on whether or not her clit is enlarged. So yeah just generally a piece of ****. What good advice does he have? "Do compound exercises"? Yeah really ****ing groundbreaking there.
Original post by SmashConcept
Dude I've worn the triple ply grey ones on my knees and you are definitely a gear whore lmao. How the **** do you even bend your elbows?? And what comps even allow that? Mine were a size too big and still helped as much as some knee wraps but with none of the pain.

lol

It's the knee sleeves that I'm referring to.

I wear the knee sleeves for pressing and moving events. [I like the stability when I'm pressing].

I own, and have never worn, the elbow sleeves.
lol

It's the knee sleeves that I'm referring to.

I wear the knee sleeves for pressing and moving events. [I like the stability when I'm pressing].

I own, and have never worn, the elbow sleeves.

Aaah I got you. Do you wear any elbow sleeves? I have the basic single ply ones and they're pretty nice. Would hate to have more material than that on my elbow for OH pressing anyway, it would bunch up and hurt worse than wearing nothing.
Original post by SmashConcept
Aaah I got you. Do you wear any elbow sleeves? I have the basic single ply ones and they're pretty nice. Would hate to have more material than that on my elbow for OH pressing anyway, it would bunch up and hurt worse than wearing nothing.

I don't wear any elbow sleeves, nor do I wear wrist wraps.

It's funny really, I like the feel of freedom on my arms and restriction on my legs.
I don't wear any elbow sleeves, nor do I wear wrist wraps.

It's funny really, I like the feel of freedom on my arms and restriction on my legs.

I'm not a huge fan of elbow sleeves for OHP but I'll wear them in comps if I think I can get something out of it. Wrist wraps don't make a difference for OHP I find but are basically mandatory for benching for me.
Getting back into lifting again. Doing 5x5 on main lifts. Bench worked up from 70. Tried 90 this morning and dull clavicle pain at the end near my neck (not shoulder). Had similar on 87.5 last time too. Only pain on top sets (not on final warm up at 80). I bench with a wide grip power lifter style.

Gonna try swapping to narrow grip and lower weight. Any other ideas? Never had this before when I was benching up to 97.5 5x5.

Don't want to make it worse or give myself a hairline fracture.
Tight shoulders bro. Get yourself a band

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7756
If we were to say like 1.5BW bench is good, what is a comparably good box jump relative to height?

I don't think of myself as good at jumping but I was box jumping to about mid chest height today and apparently that's good. But I'm not sure if that's cause powerlifters and strongmen can't jump
Original post by BKS
If we were to say like 1.5BW bench is good, what is a comparably good box jump relative to height?

I don't think of myself as good at jumping but I was box jumping to about mid chest height today and apparently that's good. But I'm not sure if that's cause powerlifters and strongmen can't jump

Seems very skewed - most of the people who go on about their box jumps tend to be very explosive and thus good at box jumping. Plus a lot of the youtube/ig videos of 60+ inch jumps tend to be seated or with a run up (stretch reflex). Some people like JJ Watts have done 60+ from a stationary start, which is quite frankly, insane.

I've done 43 inches stationary @ 5'5", which is what, 2/3 my height? I'm alright at them but I wouldn't say I was great.
Reply 7758
Original post by Appeal to reason
Seems very skewed - most of the people who go on about their box jumps tend to be very explosive and thus good at box jumping. Plus a lot of the youtube/ig videos of 60+ inch jumps tend to be seated or with a run up (stretch reflex). Some people like JJ Watts have done 60+ from a stationary start, which is quite frankly, insane.

I've done 43 inches stationary @ 5'5", which is what, 2/3 my height? I'm alright at them but I wouldn't say I was great.

Yeah, I don't mean as a comparison like how you'd say squat should be proportionate to bench, just to define a level of good-ness. Like I'm sure you could find someone who thinks 1BW bench is good, it's relative

I want to say my best is 42 at 5ft5 though I've not got a PB list for it. Reasonable but not noteworthy is how I would have thought of it
Original post by BKS
Yeah, I don't mean as a comparison like how you'd say squat should be proportionate to bench, just to define a level of good-ness. Like I'm sure you could find someone who thinks 1BW bench is good, it's relative

I want to say my best is 42 at 5ft5 though I've not got a PB list for it. Reasonable but not noteworthy is how I would have thought of it

Here's some mental jumps. Guy is powerful AF, squatted 250kg for a triple the other week (BW is somewhere in the 80s IIRC).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKhOLWSAMRx/

Quick Reply

Latest