The Student Room Group

AQA DT: Product design (3D) - PROD 3 A2 exam, June 8th -- Revision thread --

Scroll to see replies

Reply 641
Original post by lozengerrrr
Hellooo, do you by any chance have any A2 notes that are in the similar format than the AS notes you posted? They were soo helpful. I've been looking and haven't found any so far, just asking if you have any! Thanks :smile:))

Hey! I so far have not been able to find anything like that so far but I did find a few websites that are quite helpful:
http://www.technologystudent.com/prddes1/prddex1.html
https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-cards/aqa_product_design_prod3.
Original post by A-SAP
Hey! I so far have not been able to find anything like that so far but I did find a few websites that are quite helpful:
http://www.technologystudent.com/prddes1/prddex1.html
https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-cards/aqa_product_design_prod3.

Oh okay, no worries! I have already got those, but thanks for posting!
I'm so nervous about this exam, how are you feeling about it?
Reply 643
Oh okay, no worries! I have already got those, but thanks for posting!
I'm so nervous about this exam, how are you feeling about it?

Not too good tbh ~ got a 2hr 30m Geography test before this and I'm stressing over that so much that i don't have much time do do DT revision!
Original post by A-SAP
Not too good tbh ~ got a 2hr 30m Geography test before this and I'm stressing over that so much that i don't have much time do do DT revision!

Omg same, I have Geography too D:
Trying to get as much information in my head as possible.
Reply 645
Omg same, I have Geography too D:
Trying to get as much information in my head as possible.

Yeh same!
Which topics you doing for Geography?
How did ur coursework for DT go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A-SAP
Yeh same!
Which topics you doing for Geography?
How did ur coursework for DT go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing plate tectonics, development & globalisation and conflict!
And pretty well I hope, my teacher marked it as 82 out of 85 (I put sooo much effort into it ahaha) but I'm just hoping it isn't changed by the moderator, which is a likely possibility :frown: what about you?
Reply 647
I'm doing plate tectonics, development & globalisation and conflict!
And pretty well I hope, my teacher marked it as 82 out of 85 (I put sooo much effort into it ahaha) but I'm just hoping it isn't changed by the moderator, which is a likely possibility :frown: what about you?

Im doing Plate Tectonics Conflict and World Cities!I did over 60 pages of work and my teacher didn't tell us anything except for "some did OK and some did not!" so im now relying on my AS retake and A2 exam to go well!
has anyone got any concise notes , or is able to point out what to revise from the textbook.

i am really struggling and have maths and physics exams before the prod3 exam.

any help would be very appreciated.

thanks
Reply 649
Original post by Exams987
has anyone got any concise notes , or is able to point out what to revise from the textbook.

i am really struggling and have maths and physics exams before the prod3 exam.

any help would be very appreciated.

thanks

The main topics identified By AQA are:
Section A: Materials and Components
Section B: Design and Market Influences
Section C: Processes and Manufacture

It will be useful to know the main manufacturing process use this form AS: https://getrevising.co.uk/files/documents/aqa_gce_prod1_3d_design_product_design/Product%20Design%20Revision.pdf

They have nearly always asked you to: compare 2 different products, or using your own coursework eg. "With reference to your own coursework project, produce a detailed manufacturing plan"

I was given a sheet which goes through each of the main topics:

-Design and market Influence
-Process and manufacture

Major development in tech.
Manufactured products and system
product life cycleinfluence of design/tech in society
role of designer
marketing fucntion
design Methods
Design Process
safety and legislation
communication methods sketching / use of 2d/3d techniques
enhancements ~ rendering/texture
information drawing ~ Quantitative - graphsModeling - prototyping 3D designs
use of ICT in design Human factors ~ ergonomics and anthropometrics
Patents
product development and improvements
communication methods
sustainability

ICT application ~ CAD/CAM manufacturing systems
safety
system and control
Original post by A-SAP
The main topics identified By AQA are:

It will be useful to know the main manufacturing process use this form AS: https://getrevising.co.uk/files/documents/aqa_gce_prod1_3d_design_product_design/Product%20Design%20Revision.pdf

They have nearly always asked you to: compare 2 different products, or using your own coursework eg. "With reference to your own coursework project, produce a detailed manufacturing plan"

I was given a sheet which goes through each of the main topics:

-Design and market Influence
-Process and manufacture

Major development in tech.
Manufactured products and system
product life cycleinfluence of design/tech in society
role of designer
marketing fucntion
design Methods
Design Process
safety and legislation
communication methods sketching / use of 2d/3d techniques
enhancements ~ rendering/texture
information drawing ~ Quantitative - graphsModeling - prototyping 3D designs
use of ICT in design Human factors ~ ergonomics and anthropometrics
Patents
communication methods
sustainability

ICT application ~ CAD/CAM manufacturing systems
safety
system and control

Thanks, i am ok with section A and have notes on it as i did this years paper for AS.

What is very likely to come up in this years paper?

Did you just make notes from the textbook for a2 ?

also what iconic designs have you revised ?

thanks for your help
Reply 651
Original post by Exams987
Thanks, i am ok with section A and have notes on it as i did this years paper for AS.

What is very likely to come up in this years paper?

Did you just make notes from the textbook for a2 ?

also what iconic designs have you revised ?

thanks for your help

TBH i dont really no what is going to come up this year
I have made flashcards and notes form each of the section in each topic from the A2 book or found some stuff online!
I've used the sony Walkman and Ipod/iphone for the iconic designs
Reply 652
Hi guys, found some past papers for you to look at. Doesn't seem to be many on the AQA website so i did some looking around. Hope this helps!
Hi I was just wondering if anyone can help me with my a2 product design coursework which Im starting now :smile: My client is going to be my friend whos at her 3rd uni year doing veterinary physiology. I need help trying to identify a problem that she might have. I've looked into laptop cases/stands, cooking stations and storage and she does horse riding and has a dog walking and pet sitting business. I've had ideas like a pet food dispenser etc but I was wondering if anyone would share what they did or help me get a design brief done.Thanks you very much
Has everyone done this exam??
How was it??
Reply 655
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/specifications/alevel/AQA-2550-W-SP-14.PDF If you follow this link and go to page 17, you'll find the Spec of the exam. We've been going through this in lessons as revision so could be helpful to try that? Sorry if that's not any help!
Original post by Hatsune Miku
that's a gamble, no one knows for sure :frown: one thing worth noting, the head of our product design department has close contact with the chief examiner of our school and I'm not sure what kind of information they exchange but ever since a couple weeks back we focus heavily on questions like:
''How is ICT used in the development and innovation of products'' and ''Explain how the use of CAD effects x, y, z''
idk this could be me just overthinking stuff but I'll definitely revise areas to do with ICT and CAD, I strongly advice you should too :biggrin:

Hi, by any chance, can you post the answers that you guys did as a class to 'How is ICT used in the development and innovation of products' and 'Explain how the use of CAD effects x,y, z'
Just so I know how to structure it, and what relevant information to include

Thanks!
Hi I was hoping for any feedback for the new website I have created for GCSE and A Level students. It is still work in progress but I will be updating, improving, adding and buying a domain to host it on. Do you think the name is okay and also do you think it is worth having a member login button? I only created it for the forum side. Thanks
https://jamiepmoore1998.wixsite.com/studyhub
Who’s game for the whole country not turning up for the a level product design exam tomorrow? Gotta get them grade boundaries low?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending