The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snagprophet
I think the majority have more pressing issues than gay rights, such as eating.

Hunger isn't actually that much of a problem in Nigeria. Corruption, yes. Lack of infrastructure, yes. And hundreds of other problems like disease, etc- but to say the majority of Nigerians are hungry is a bit of stretch, and shows you know next to nothing about Nigeria.

A lot of people assume all African countries are the same and that because there's a famine in Somalia, then people in Nigeria must be hungry too. The fact is, they are worlds apart. And I'm not saying there are no hungry people in Nigeria, because there are hungry people even here in London, but I wouldn't call it a pressing issue for the majority.
Reply 21
Original post by Sagamite
Rubbish!

Homosexuality is different from homosexual behaviour. I am yet to see ANY report of an homosexual animal.

There are several attempts to use therapy to cure paedophilia in the West by the government. While all attepmts at such for homosexuality is suppressed.

You've been shown some. Homosexuality is a behavioural trait. Or will you not be satisfied until I can show you hedgehogs throwing a gay pride parade?

There are several attempts to use therapy to help paedophiles cope with not being able to act on their desires - this very different to trying to remove those desires. I am aware of no current work on trying to 'cure' paedophiles, but please feel free to cite something.

In any case you have still PROVIDED NO JUSTIFICATION FOR HOMOSEXUALITY BEING CONSIDERED BAD. Are you going to try, or are we just going to go around and around in circles listening to your bigoted nonsense?
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I agree with you that the church shouldn't be forced to marry gay people if it doesn't want to.

But I dunno, I can't see homosexual people as "evil" in the same way that adulterers and murderers more obviously are. OK, so a gay couple can't naturally have a kid together (which is probably a positive for population control), but apart from that, who are they hurting really with their relationship?

Neither do I see homosexual people as evil. I just see them as pervase and the thought/imagination of what they do do disgust me.

I think we need to help cure them, not accept them.

I am sure necrophilics, polygamists and nudists are not hurting anyone, but we still ban them.
Reply 23

I think homosexuality is unnatural and disgusting, hence should be banned based on moral principles. I am very confident there is something wrong when a man behaves like a woman, wants to be treated like a woman and wants to be mated to like a woman but yet is still a man and vice versa. It is purely disgusting.

Being gay does not mean you act like a woman. Its your problem if you have a problem with camp people, however its hardly a characteristic that is present in only homosexuals. Funny how, like the majority of homophobes, you focus primarily on the gay males yet ignore the fact that there are gay women as well. Do they not concern you? This never fails to be me lol as it highlights your own insecurities as a human being. Congrats!

And by the way, there are no gay animals. So it is unnatural.

Factually inaccurate information. Homosexuality is present in the natural world beyond human beings. Do your research.

I abhor the thought of being "positive" to homosexuality, not homosexuals though.

Ah I see, your attempt at seeming a decent human being. Sure lets just ignore your references to us as abhorrent and disgusting individuals. You must love us deep down. <3
Reply 24
Neither do I see homosexual people as evil. I just see them as pervase and the thought/imagination of what they do do disgust me.

Well, since you're not gay why would you even need to think about them? The thought of most people having sex isn't something I want to have lodged into my brain, but I don't make it my personal mission to cure people of their sexual desires. Don't like it? Don't look.

I think we need to help cure them, not accept them.

Homosexuality is not a disease, therefore theres no need for a cure. Educate yourself. Hopefully when you find this miraculous cure, we can also work on one for heterosexuality. If its apparently that easy to erase someones sexuality, why not make it available to everyone?

I am sure necrophilics, polygamists and nudists are not hurting anyone, but we still ban them.

Having sex with a corpse is slightly different to having sex with a living person who you are attracted to either sexually, emotionally or both. If you can't see that, well...ah hell, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Polygamy should be legal, sure. Its down to the individuals, not the state to decide that. Nudism? Really? Lawdy.
Original post by mmmpie
You've been shown some. Homosexuality is a behavioural trait. Or will you not be satisfied until I can show you hedgehogs throwing a gay pride parade?

There are several attempts to use therapy to help paedophiles cope with not being able to act on their desires - this very different to trying to remove those desires. I am aware of no current work on trying to 'cure' paedophiles, but please feel free to cite something.

In any case you have still PROVIDED NO JUSTIFICATION FOR HOMOSEXUALITY BEING CONSIDERED BAD. Are you going to try, or are we just going to go around and around in circles listening to your bigoted nonsense?

You have not shown me anything.

You have only shown me wikipedia page of spurious claims, some of which are authored by homosexual academics.

Let me be clear to you: I said homosexuality is unnatural. My point is that it is a pervasion because there is nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, we do that is naturally that can not be found in virtually the same form in other animal species.

If there were gay animals, I can guarantee you that (1) it would be easy to see everyday and (2) the pro-gay Western media would have done all it can to film it and broadcast it.

So please, don't show me spurious and questionable reports from wikipedia of "gay behaviour". Show me gay animals.

E.g. Race, Dwarfism and Albinoism are natural. It is so easy to spot these in the animal world. One does not need to look at spurious reports of chimera.
Reply 26
Original post by JordanS94
My friend showed me a video about how people in Africa (don't know where I think it was Nigeria). And a man was protesting against homosexuality saying 'they eat poo poo' (they were his exact words). And the audience believed him and that all gay people did this. Nigeria has so much propaganda I know about 4 people from Nigeria and they have no problem about homosexuality because they have not been exposed to the propaganda.

the 'eat da poo poo' video wasn't nigeria...
Reply 27

I'm intrigued to know what it is you think we do?

If my boyfriend and I order pizza, open a couple of beers and cuddle up to watch some crap on TV how is that objectionable to you? Stuff like that makes up the bulk of our interactions. Regardless of what gender you are attracted to, most people's relationships are not purely about sexual acts.

Is it just the sex acts that you have a problem with? Because that's none of your business. Frankly, if you're going to take an unhealthy interest in other peoples sex lives you can't demand it always be to your taste. It's like a voyeur complaining to the people they're spying on because they don't like what they're seeing.
Original post by JordanS94
My friend showed me a video about how people in Africa (don't know where I think it was Nigeria). And a man was protesting against homosexuality saying 'they eat poo poo' (they were his exact words). And the audience believed him and that all gay people did this. Nigeria has so much propaganda I know about 4 people from Nigeria and they have no problem about homosexuality because they have not been exposed to the propaganda.

i think it was uganda but their opinions on homosexuality are pretty equal
Reply 29

You have only shown me wikipedia page of spurious claims, some of which are authored by homosexual academics.

Ah yes, the good ol homo agenda. Im pretty sure you'd be wetting your panties if there was a wikipedia article stating how homosexuality has been proven to be based on choice rather than genetics. There has been more than enough research done on the subject, hence why theres such a vast array of information available on wikipedia. Homosexuals tend to research subjects related to homosexuality, this is pretty normal. Would you knock back religious research done by religious people? No, I thought not. Put your reasonable hat on and have a think about that.
Original post by mmmpie
I'm intrigued to know what it is you think we do?

If my boyfriend and I order pizza, open a couple of beers and cuddle up to watch some crap on TV how is that objectionable to you? Stuff like that makes up the bulk of our interactions. Regardless of what gender you are attracted to, most people's relationships are not purely about sexual acts.

Is it just the sex acts that you have a problem with? Because that's none of your business. Frankly, if you're going to take an unhealthy interest in other peoples sex lives you can't demand it always be to your taste. It's like a voyeur complaining to the people they're spying on because they don't like what they're seeing.

Merely he pervase desire is enough said.

I am disgusted by homosexual/paedophilic/necrophilic/beatial desires.

You don't need to be a voyeur to imagine what actions take place.
Reply 31

Im disgusted by mushrooms, so I don't eat them. Im also horrified by spiders and so I go out my way to avoid them. Moral of the story? If it doesn't directly involve you, mind your own business instead of pushing your own personal morals and objections into the public arena.
Original post by ohirome
Having sex with a corpse is slightly different to having sex with a living person who you are attracted to either sexually, emotionally or both. If you can't see that, well...ah hell, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Polygamy should be legal, sure. Its down to the individuals, not the state to decide that. Nudism? Really? Lawdy.

What's wrong with nudism? And you do realize some people can be sexually and emotionally attracted to corpse, heck they can also be sexually and emotionally attracted to objects.
Original post by ohirome
Ah yes, the good ol homo agenda. Im pretty sure you'd be wetting your panties if there was a wikipedia article stating how homosexuality has been proven to be based on choice rather than genetics. There has been more than enough research done on the subject, hence why theres such a vast array of information available on wikipedia. Homosexuals tend to research subjects related to homosexuality, this is pretty normal. Would you knock back religious research done by religious people? No, I thought not. Put your reasonable hat on and have a think about that.

Why would I not knock religious research done by religious people to justify their religion?

Why would I not knock banking research done by bankers to justify their bonus?

Why would I not knock environmental research done by Oil and Gas investors to justify their operations?

You need to go and buy a thinking hat. Beg for a discount to afford the reasoning one. Then learn how to wear them.
Reply 34
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
What's wrong with nudism? And you do realize some people can be sexually and emotionally attracted to corpse, heck they can also be sexually and emotionally attracted to objects.

Nothing is wrong with nudism, thats my point. I don't understand why he compares homosexuality to nudism...heck, I don't understand why he needs to compare homosexuality to having sex with a dead body. Two vastly different things which are only put together by narrow minded types. There are more than enough reasons for necrophilia being illegal and as a queer man, I'm not going to try and justify why my sexuality is completely different to someone wanting to make the whoopie with a corpse.
Reply 35
You have not shown me anything.

Let me be clear to you: I said homosexuality is unnatural. My point is that it is a pervasion because there is nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, we do that is naturally that can not be found in virtually the same form in other animal species.

If there were gay animals, I can guarantee you that (1) it would be easy to see everyday and (2) the pro-gay Western media would have done all it can to film it and broadcast it.

So please, don't show me spurious and questionable reports from wikipedia of "gay behaviour". Show me gay animals.

E.g. Race, Dwarfism and Albinoism are natural. It is so easy to spot these in the animal world. One does not need to look at spurious reports of chimera.

The wikipedia article you were given is very well referenced, but I take you didn't read it. Why read something that disproves your bull**** when you can just stick you fingers in your ears and shout the word "spurious".

However: Penguins, Vultures, Dolphins, Bears, Bonobos (who, incidentally, are very closely related to humans), Giraffes, Lions, Hyenas, Geckos, Dragonflies and Bed bugs. Enough to be going on with? I can find more if you'd like.

And you still haven't provided justification for your assertions that homosexuality is in any way bad. Even if it could not be shown to occur in nature, neither do clothes or computers and yet we don't consider those bad.
Reply 36

I see, so you want to regulate the thoughts of others. Weren't you invoking UDHR earlier? It guarantees freedom of thought and conscience.
Original post by ohirome
Nothing is wrong with nudism, thats my point. I don't understand why he compares homosexuality to nudism...heck, I don't understand why he needs to compare homosexuality to having sex with a dead body. Two vastly different things which are only put together by narrow minded types. There are more than enough reasons for necrophilia being illegal and as a queer man, I'm not going to try and justify why my sexuality is completely different to someone wanting to make the whoopie with a corpse.

I agree, it is obviously different. His main point seems to be that it's hypocritical to accept homosexuality on the grounds of something being iky doesn't equal should be illegalized then reject things like necrophilia because it's iky.
Reply 38
Why would I not knock religious research done by religious people to justify their religion?

Why would I not knock banking research done by bankers to justify their bonus?

Why would I not knock environmental research done by Oil and Gas investors to justify their operations?

You need to go and buy a thinking hat. Beg for a discount to afford the reasoning one. Then learn how to wear them.

You seem to take issue with homosexuals undertaking research projects, I assume because you think theres a horrible level of bias there. Its simply a comparison. Would you only accept research on the subject from heterosexuals? Its not about justifying, its about educating. You are a terribly negative person. That cloud you live under must be a hoot.
Reply 39

Extremely weak arguments.

In your opinion.

Tell me why anyone can not take their clothes of and walk from home to Trafalgar square and have a picnic.

Morals are part of the ESSENTIAL tools of making laws. That is my right as a human being.

There is nothing illegal about the above act. Only if someone is offended by nudity does it become an offence.

Morals should not be a part of law, that's why the Wolfenden Committee which decriminalised homosexuality sat following the Harm Principles of John Stuart Mill.

So how does nudism, necrophilia or polygamy cause any harm? So why are those banned?

Did I hear you mutter "morals" under your breath?

Nudism is not illegal, necrophilia is dangerous, polygamy is fraudulent.

Try and learn the difference between "homosexuality" and "homosexual behaviours".

It's exactly the same. People who exhibit homosexual behaviour can be gay or curious, but they've still done a natural act.

Because it is unnatural, pervase and disgusting. Never compare heterosexuality to homosexuality.

In your opinion, which happily is a minority in much of the civilised world nowadays. I long for the day when I can travel freely to some other nations without fearing imprisonment or potentially death because of who I am.

Latest