The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of lincoln accommodation

can you guys help me please!?

i went to an informal open day so only got to look at one room in the student village and it was one of the really basic ensuites with a simple curtain as the 'shower' however the tour guide said they wouldn't be any worse than that but wasnt able to show me the newer versions of the standard ensuite rooms..

where have people applied to for accommodation and does any one know how i can look at the newer rooms at the student village? (cant find any pictures or videos on the website)

thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wasn't sure what to choose accommodation-wise either. I'm hoping to study English next year and I ended up putting Pavillions as my first choice, then Junxion and then courts.

I believe I've got a friend who's staying in the new courts and she really likes them. I don't think there's too much differentiation between them all.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cmargerison
I wasn't sure what to choose accommodation-wise either. I'm hoping to study English next year and I ended up putting Pavillions as my first choice, then Junxion and then courts.

I believe I've got a friend who's staying in the new courts and she really likes them. I don't think there's too much differentiation between them all.

Oh right! I did really like the junxion but seemed far too expensive and id rather be where most first years are! From what I've read most people are talking about pavilions so I might look into then :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by megana28
Oh right! I did really like the junxion but seemed far too expensive and id rather be where most first years are! From what I've read most people are talking about pavilions so I might look into then :smile:

Pavs is quite costly too (it's a 48 week rent rather than a 39/40 week rent) but it seems quite nice. Junxion is right by the library so it's quite handy. I reckon wherever you choose there will be plenty of lovely people! :-)
If you don't mind me asking, what course have you applied for? I've applied for English and I'm really looking forward to going.

The girls that showed us around campus sang Pavillions praises because she was in there in her first year. If I'm honest I think anywhere would be absolutely lovely. :smile:
Reply 4
Oh crikey that's quite a few weeks extra than most then! I really would've liked to have gone for the proper open day but I can't get the time off work :frown:

I've applied for Psychology with Criminology :smile::smile:
i have my heart set on Lincoln now so probably just gonna accept my offer and deal with accommodation another time haha! Maybe take a trip up gain to have a look! I did maaage to email the accommodation officer actually and they've now updated their website for on campus rooms which is good news :smile: do you know of many people putting pavilions?
Reply 5
Hi, I will most probably be staying at the Lincoln courts for the first year in an ensuite. Any reviews about the Lincoln courts ? Pros and cons of Lincoln courts ??
Reply 6
Original post by Subhodeep.S
Hi, I will most probably be staying at the Lincoln courts for the first year in an ensuite. Any reviews about the Lincoln courts ? Pros and cons of Lincoln courts ??

Oh really? Me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm going in an informal visit wednesday and hopefully they will show me around a little. I'm also going on a night out tomorrow night.. Anyone know if it's any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally I chose:
1) Junxion
2) Pavilions
3) Courts
And then chose my last 3 at random. I picked Junxion and Pavs as my top 2 because the courts looked a bit grim from what I saw on the open day. Have you had any more thoughts on where you'd want to go?
Reply 9
Original post by British-Student
Personally I chose:
1) Junxion
2) Pavilions
3) Courts
And then chose my last 3 at random. I picked Junxion and Pavs as my top 2 because the courts looked a bit grim from what I saw on the open day. Have you had any more thoughts on where you'd want to go?

I believe there are new courts and old courts - it's all down to luck whether you get put in the new or old I think. It may be first come, first serve but I'm not entirely sure.
Reply 10
Personally I chose:
1) Junxion
2) Pavilions
3) Courts

i looked at pavillions online and they are now sold out so i think im just gonna go for on campus because theyre all being refurbished apparently, except the dirty one i saw!

what course do you wanna do?
i looked at pavillions online and they are now sold out so i think im just gonna go for on campus because theyre all being refurbished apparently, except the dirty one i saw!

what course do you wanna do?

Ah cool, hope they do it out nicely for all the students rooming there! Going up for Games Computing MComp, they've got some cool tech up there so I'm happy! What're you looking to study? :smile:
Reply 12
Ah cool, hope they do it out nicely for all the students rooming there! Going up for Games Computing MComp, they've got some cool tech up there so I'm happy! What're you looking to study? :smile:

Yeah I'm hoping it will be alright, if not ill just befriend people at pavs and go there all the time haha, but I'm sure courts will be nice enough, as long as I have a bed and my own shower ill be great haha Oo sounds very technical but good for you with the technology :smile: I've gone for psychology with criminology :smile:
Yeah I'm hoping it will be alright, if not ill just befriend people at pavs and go there all the time haha, but I'm sure courts will be nice enough, as long as I have a bed and my own shower ill be great haha Oo sounds very technical but good for you with the technology :smile: I've gone for psychology with criminology :smile:

Haha nice tactic! They're probably all decent once you make the room your own anyway :biggrin:

Awesome, a few of my friends are doing Psychology / Sociology and Criminology courses, it looks pretty interesting - I'm just terrible at remembering theories and stuff haha! What do you need to get in?
Reply 14
Haha nice tactic! They're probably all decent once you make the room your own anyway :biggrin:

Awesome, a few of my friends are doing Psychology / Sociology and Criminology courses, it looks pretty interesting - I'm just terrible at remembering theories and stuff haha! What do you need to get in?

It can't be too bad else it wouldn't be acceptable for people to stay :smile:

yeah they're very popular courses, starting to regret choosing it as I now hate psychology haha! But should be an interesting course :smile: I need BBC :smile: you?
It can't be too bad else it wouldn't be acceptable for people to stay :smile:

yeah they're very popular courses, starting to regret choosing it as I now hate psychology haha! But should be an interesting course :smile: I need BBC :smile: you?

Yeah that's true I guess!!

I need 300 UCAS points for mine, equals out at about the same requirement :smile: good luck with the exams and everything!
Reply 16
Yeah that's true I guess!!

I need 300 UCAS points for mine, equals out at about the same requirement :smile: good luck with the exams and everything!

Yeah and you! Hope to see you at Lincoln in September!:biggrin:
Yeah and you! Hope to see you at Lincoln in September!:biggrin:

Indeed, (possibly) see you there! :tongue:
Reply 18
I've seen both courts - old is terrible, new is great.

I asked what the chance of getting a new refurb would be to which they explained that they should all be returned before we start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest