The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beebumble
Imagine how I feel I currently live in Chelsea so I'm getting tacky 'reality show' related jokes from all directions now.:frown:

:frown: I dislike all this Essex hate!
I even get some people saying 'Essex? They have a university?!' .... (my Dad included) :bawling:

Although, my friend is applying for the same course as you at Essex :colondollar:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by blondie :)
:frown: I dislike all this Essex hate!
I even get some people saying 'Essex? They have a university?!' .... (my Dad included) :bawling:

Although, my friend is applying for the same course as you at Essex :colondollar:

Oh wow cool might see them there! :biggrin:

When I told one of my friends I really wanted to go to Essex she started going on and on about she doesn't want me around 'those people' and blah blah blah.

She shut up when I said they won some human rights thing and had a visit from Nelson Mandela (can you tell I've read the prospectus back to front) and now she wants me to go there in case he 'drops by' again and she can tag along.:biggrin:
Original post by Beebumble
Oh wow cool might see them there! :biggrin:

When I told one of my friends I really wanted to go to Essex she started going on and on about she doesn't want me around 'those people' and blah blah blah.

She shut up when I said they won some human rights thing and had a visit from Nelson Mandela (can you tell I've read the prospectus back to front) and now she wants me to go there in case he 'drops by' again and she can tag along.:biggrin:

The irony is, is that everyone says he looks like Joey Essex :redface: I can assure you he's not like him in anyway aside from his looks though :biggrin:

I just said people like Amy Childs wouldn't be able to get in and everyone agreed :wink: Haha, I just keep reading what my course entails constantly, it's not healthy at all.. If I got offers from any of my choices I really wouldn't know which to choose! I love how Essex is practically all on one campus though :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by blondie :)
I love how Essex is practically all on one campus though :smile:

But Southend-on-Sea and Colchester is a bit apart form each other, right?
Original post by stifa
But Southend-on-Sea and Colchester is a bit apart form each other, right?

Yeah but if you are at the Colchester campus you will have no need to go to the southend campus
Reply 45
Original post by WhatTheFunk
Yeah but if you are at the Colchester campus you will have no need to go to the southend campus

True that... my mistake. :tongue:
Reply 46
Original post by Larsson
i applied last week to Essex univerity :smile: anyone got any idea on how long it could take to turn around an application? the American Studies department told me that they send out offers as soon as they get applications pretty much

I applied late September and got an offer early November, but this was from the government department and each will handle admissions differently. Still thought it was pretty quick though.
Reply 47
Original post by stifa
*Subscribes*

Should I expect any decitions before January?

Reading around I think it depends on the particular department and how competitive it is.

Slightly off topic, but awesome display picture! I love Porcupine Tree :smile:
I've applied for Philosophy, eek! said in the email they'd try to reply within two weeks :P

Anyone else for Philosophy?
Reply 49
Original post by lampshade1
I've applied for Philosophy, eek! said in the email they'd try to reply within two weeks :P

Anyone else for Philosophy?

Me :smile: .. how is your uni application coming along ? :smile:
Original post by wisey9

Original post by wisey9
Me :smile: .. how is your uni application coming along ? :smile:

Oo yey! a fellow philosopher :biggrin:
I've got an offer from Sheffield for AAB :smile:
but nothing else but acknowledgements from the rest! You?
Reply 51
Yay! Heya, guys!

I sent my application yesterday with IR and Modern Languages. Really psyched to hear back from Essex- with an actual offer, cuz I already got the e-mail saying that they got my application. On that note: do they really answer back in like two weeks (cuz that's what it said in the e-mail)?

Lots of luck to everyone!
Original post by lora_s

Original post by lora_s
Yay! Heya, guys!

I sent my application yesterday with IR and Modern Languages. Really psyched to hear back from Essex- with an actual offer, cuz I already got the e-mail saying that they got my application. On that note: do they really answer back in like two weeks (cuz that's what it said in the e-mail)?

Well I sent my application off two weeks this Thursday just gone...yet to hear anything! :|
Reply 53
Original post by lora_s
Yay! Heya, guys!

I got a mail in mid-October stating that they would use a month or so to consider my application.
Reply 54
Oo yey! a fellow philosopher :biggrin:
I've got an offer from Sheffield for AAB :smile:
but nothing else but acknowledgements from the rest! You?

wow thats great ! :biggrin: , still waiting upon Sheffield .. thats brill you got that offer! :smile:
i got an offer from UEA AAB , and Glasgow ABB :smile:) .. where else have you applied .. and top choices ? :smile:
Reply 55
looks like essex are yet to send out any replies,

i got offers from Leicester, Sussex and Swansea so far ! just waiting on Kent and Essex now :smile:
Original post by wisey9

Original post by wisey9
wow thats great ! :biggrin: , still waiting upon Sheffield .. thats brill you got that offer! :smile:
i got an offer from UEA AAB , and Glasgow ABB :smile:) .. where else have you applied .. and top choices ? :smile:

Oo I was going to apply to UEA..but changed to Essex instead :')
I've applied to Lancaster, Nottingham, Sheffield, Essex and Stirling, you?? (aside from Essex, Glasgow and UEA aha :'))
Lancaster has to be my fave I think!
Reply 57
Oo I was going to apply to UEA..but changed to Essex instead :')
I've applied to Lancaster, Nottingham, Sheffield, Essex and Stirling, you?? (aside from Essex, Glasgow and UEA aha :'))
Lancaster has to be my fave I think!

ahh right :') ,, ahh nice ! .. they are all good unis ! :biggrin: .. for all you will be moving away i presume ? , Lancaster .. ahh , it is a nice campus :biggrin: .. what about a second option ? :smile:
And apart from them, Sheffield and Kent :smile: , straight Philosophy you doing ? :smile:
Original post by wisey9

Original post by wisey9
ahh right :') ,, ahh nice ! .. they are all good unis ! :biggrin: .. for all you will be moving away i presume ? , Lancaster .. ahh , it is a nice campus :biggrin: .. what about a second option ? :smile:
And apart from them, Sheffield and Kent :smile: , straight Philosophy you doing ? :smile:

Yeah straight Philosophy :biggrin: you?

Yeah, nearest is 2 hours away....so moving for me ! cannot wait! not that I don't like being at home, but it's time to go :wink: I assume same for you?
and depending on offers (If I get them ahh!) Insurance will be Essex or Stirling
what's your favourite? then insurance?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 59
Yeah, nearest is 2 hours away....so moving for me ! cannot wait! not that I don't like being at home, but it's time to go :wink: I assume same for you?
and depending on offers (If I get them ahh!) Insurance will be Essex or Stirling
what's your favourite? then insurance?

ahh thats good :biggrin: .. yehh i know what you mean exactly .. a time to become more independant :') .. yerh definatly :') should be fun :smile:)
ahh right .. thats interesting .. to be fair , the teaching for them both is great :biggrin:
And first would be UEA , then either Glasgow or Essex if i get it :')

Quick Reply

Latest