The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I've just got an AAB offer for History!
(edited 12 years ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 161
Original post by CeeTay
just got an offer!! :biggrin:
Biochemistry - AAB :smile:

Original post by colliewobble
Just got an offer for Biochemistry!! Ah so pleased :smile:

When did you guys apply?! Welldone though :biggrin:
Engrace, we are both trying for Oxford so I guess before October 15th or whenever that deadline was? I sent mine off about October 10th, I think. Thank you1 :smile:
Reply 163
Anyone herd anything about philosophy and politics?
Reply 164
Original post by colliewobble
Engrace, we are both trying for Oxford so I guess before October 15th or whenever that deadline was? I sent mine off about October 10th, I think. Thank you1 :smile:

Oh yes, so you are! Hmm I sent mine off on 30th Sept, still haven't heard for Biology with year abroad. Wish they were as speedy as BioChem!
Seems loads have just got Biochem offers :P
Reply 165
Original post by Emfrz
do you mean about the decrease in applications? what are your a levels?

yeah it gave me a brief ray of hope, well below the typical offer, miles below AAA. But i just wanted to see if they'd take a chance on me. Have you had an acknowledgment? :s-smilie:
Reply 166
Original post by BexyBear
yeah it gave me a brief ray of hope, well below the typical offer, miles below AAA. But i just wanted to see if they'd take a chance on me. Have you had an acknowledgment? :s-smilie:

I got an acknowledgement before the offer yeh. It might be different if you've already got the grades though, you never know.
Original post by Qwertyuip
WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I've just got an AAB offer for History!

:eek: Well done! :biggrin: First History offer I think!

Argh now I really can't wait to find out, when did you apply? I'm waiting to hear back from the Streatham Campus :smile:
Biochemistry kids are doing it, jus' sayin'.
Reply 169
Got an offer for biological and medicinal chemistry! AAB :smile:
History offer ABB (Cornwall). Super happy, I was genuinely worried I could face 5 rejections :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 171
Anyone had an English offer yet?? :smile:
Reply 172
Anyone had any Economics offers yet?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Niki_girl
:eek: Well done! :biggrin: First History offer I think!

Argh now I really can't wait to find out, when did you apply? I'm waiting to hear back from the Streatham Campus :smile:

Thank you so much :smile:. Shocked to get it this early tbh. I applied on the 26th of September.
Reply 174
i hate the wait.. has anyone had an offer for languages yet??
Original post by CeeTay
my friend got an AAB offer for maths - anyone know why I got the highest possible conditions and she got the lowest conditions for our courses?

None of us will know for certain, but I can suggest a few things:

Were her GCSE/ AS grades higher than yours?

Did you have higher predicted grades?

Perhaps they really liked her Personal Statement/ Reference/ something extra she had, does she do the Extended Project or anything else that would kind of be seen as an advantage?

If none of these are true then it must just literally come down to the personal preference of the admissions tutor, don't take it too harshly it's just one person's opinion, :iiam:
[QUOTE="Niki_girl;34593679"]Oh I forgot about the postcard!I got that about a week or so ago, I just found it again and got excited :smile:

Tbh it's more of an acknowledgement though, "We'll consider your application as quickly as possible", that could still mean weeks, right? Or it could mean in theory "as soon as possible" - i.e, after the 15th Jan deadline? :confused: I also don't like the sound of "if there is a delay in the decision-making process" :tongue: - why would there be a a delay lol, surely they know we have no idea what a "delay" might actually be as we don't know if it could be weeks/ months or days until we hear back from them. :rolleyes: Maybe it's to taunt us, sending us a postcard that basically tells us to constantly check our emails/ track...

Imagine if they sent out university offers via postcard, how chaotic would that be :ninja:[/QUOTE

Several people I know have got offers from Exeter - received yesterday. I'm now really really paranoid. And tbh, I don't the Royal Mail would be up to delivering offers by postcard. Chaotic is an understatement. I'd just go around hijacking random offers from postbags.
My best friend just got one for Classics and French and I know 2 people who have law offers... Has anyone heard of any History ones? :frown:
Edit: Whoops... just seen a couple of offers higher up the page! Congrats guys!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DavidLloydGeorge

Several people I know have got offers from Exeter - received yesterday. I'm now really really paranoid. And tbh, I don't the Royal Mail would be up to delivering offers by postcard. Chaotic is an understatement. I'd just go around hijacking random offers from postbags.

:frown: I know, the sad thing is I'm practically stalking that "UCAS 2012 Decisions thread" as well as my email/ track, my addiction is definitely worse in the holidays too...when did you send your application?

Original post by DavidLloydGeorge

Chaotic is an understatement. I'd just go around hijacking random offers from postbags.

:laugh: brilliant
I got an offer today for History and Philosophy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending