The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR AS F321 Atoms, Bonds and Groups May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
f321 is easy when you start thinking about it ....its f322 thats gonna hurt
Reply 21
Original post by pcorbett94
May 15th, like everybody else. My first exam. I have 2 resits in May and then my 4 A2 exams in June.

I remember my AS exams last year, having 8 exams in the space of 2 weeks, I was bound to mess up something, and it just happened to be chemistry.

That's what I meant. By June I meant the summer exams :P

Original post by scorpio22
I did take my exams in Jan but i was so stressed i couldn't concentrate.
i take
Chem;Biol;Business:R.e
I got B-D grades
I'm supposedly to be getting A's-I'm really disappointed that i just wanted to re-do all of them again.

Chem,Bio=OCR Buss;R.e=wjec

whats your subjects.
And do you have advice on how to revise biology because it has so much content and depth i do not know where to start.

I'm doing OCR bio, chem, maths and critical thinking then AQA geog and general studies :smile:

What part of bio are you trying to revise?
Reply 22
how are you finding f322

Yeah it's not so bad really, I haven't looked at any past papers yet though!

You?
Reply 23
Original post by fletchdd02

You?

I just did my first F322 past paper today :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Natalie21
I just did my first F322 past paper today :smile:

How did you get on?
That's what I meant. By June I meant the summer exams :P

I'm doing OCR bio, chem, maths and critical thinking then AQA geog and general studies :smile:

What part of bio are you trying to revise?

The heart
i hate it so much.I love plants.lungs,cell.phosholipid but the stupid heart

You?

I had a go, and the is definitely areas for improvement.Im going to go over the topics into depth tonight and so that I will be able to do past papers tommorow without notes.
Reply 27
The heart

I love the heart.

No pun intended.
Reply 28
The heart

Ahhh okay - well at least you know where to concentrate your revision :smile:

How did you get on?

Pretty good thanks especially as I did half of it during a St John Ambulance duty :P
Reply 29
I'm an A2 student retaking this to hopefully make getting an A overall a lot easier!
Reply 30
How did all of your colleges/sixth forms deal with the F323 practical skills module? I'm interested to know as last year I had to do it all in one long intense day, which really stressed me out and set me up to fail because of the pressure.

Whereas for our A2 year we've done about 8 or 9 separate practicals spread out across the year which felt a lot less pressured and I've apparently done a lot better this year (we aren't told the exact results until August, but my teachers have said that I needn't worry)

Just curious to know whether everybody else is in the same situation I was in last year?
I made this thread as I couldn't find a thread for the F321 paper being sat in May 2012.

How is everyone getting on with revision?

:biggrin:

I've been looking for a thread like this for ages :P Ahh, I wanted to revise unit 1 for the first week of the holidays and unit 2 for the second week, but I'm so behind :eek: I need to do the whole of unit 1, module 3 tonight :s-smilie: I tried a past paper and there is DEFFO. room for improvement ahaha! How's revision going for you? :smile: I'll be on the Biology thread too :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by PrincessMedic
I've been looking for a thread like this for ages :P Ahh, I wanted to revise unit 1 for the first week of the holidays and unit 2 for the second week, but I'm so behind :eek: I need to do the whole of unit 1, module 3 tonight :s-smilie: I tried a past paper and there is DEFFO. room for improvement ahaha! How's revision going for you? :smile: I'll be on the Biology thread too :biggrin:

Yay :biggrin:

I've mainly been focusing on F322 so I did past paper for that yesterday as well as a F321 paper :smile:

What subjects do you take then?

How did all of your colleges/sixth forms deal with the F323 practical skills module? I'm interested to know as last year I had to do it all in one long intense day, which really stressed me out and set me up to fail because of the pressure.

Whereas for our A2 year we've done about 8 or 9 separate practicals spread out across the year which felt a lot less pressured and I've apparently done a lot better this year (we aren't told the exact results until August, but my teachers have said that I needn't worry)

Just curious to know whether everybody else is in the same situation I was in last year?

At my school we have 1 to 2 hours of chemistry practicals a week so every couples of weeks or so we would have one of the assessed practicals - after having done similar practicals in the weeks before :biggrin:
Yay :biggrin:

I've mainly been focusing on F322 so I did past paper for that yesterday as well as a F321 paper :smile:

What subjects do you take then?

At my school we have 1 to 2 hours of chemistry practicals a week so every couples of weeks or so we would have one of the assessed practicals - after having done similar practicals in the weeks before :biggrin:

I still need to learn the content of F322 before I can revise anything ahaha! I tried a F321 paper. Hating moles calculations right now. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology. Yourself? :smile:
Reply 34
I still need to learn the content of F322 before I can revise anything ahaha! I tried a F321 paper. Hating moles calculations right now. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology. Yourself? :smile:

I've learnt the content for F322 because we only just finished it in class and all the flashcards are done - just got to read through them all now :P

Moles calculations are easy - they are some of the easiest marks!!

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, General Studies and Critical Thinking :smile:
Reply 35

Yeah that's pretty much like what we do this year, but for some reason our teachers decided to get them all done all at once last year. It was stupid because it put extra pressure on us and it stretches the resources for the whole department.

Yeah, they are absolute gifts. And once you've done all the A2 work, when you look back at this module the calculations seem like child's play. It's best to get your head round them now because you will need to expand on them a lot for F325 next year.
Reply 36
Yeah that's pretty much like what we do this year, but for some reason our teachers decided to get them all done all at once last year. It was stupid because it put extra pressure on us and it stretches the resources for the whole department.

Yeah, they are absolute gifts. And once you've done all the A2 work, when you look back at this module the calculations seem like child's play. It's best to get your head round them now because you will need to expand on them a lot for F325 next year.

That is a bit of a stupid idea :P

To be fair the AS moles calculations aren't much harder than the GCSE ones :smile:
I've learnt the content for F322 because we only just finished it in class and all the flashcards are done - just got to read through them all now :P

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, General Studies and Critical Thinking :smile:

Flashcards are the best! :biggrin: I practised moles and now I got the hang of it. Now I'm haiting titrations and stoichiometry, they really confuse me.
Wow, 6 AS subjects?! How are you getting on? :smile:
Reply 38
Flashcards are the best! :biggrin: I practised moles and now I got the hang of it. Now I'm haiting titrations and stoichiometry, they really confuse me.
Wow, 6 AS subjects?! How are you getting on? :smile:

They really are - I write questions on one side then answers on the other :biggrin:

What is stoichiometry?

Well actually 5 AS and one A2 (critical thinking). Pretty well thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Man-Utd
f322 + f321 = death :frown:

Haha .Agreed:doh:
F321 has finally been learnt and i just need to improve minor areas
F322 is just not happening with me.I know everything individually but i'm not getting my marks on the PPQ:angry:

Im supposed to go away for a weekend ,train tickets & outfits sorted.I doubt I'll be leaving my room any time soon.

Quick Reply

Latest