The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

I have heard back from all 11 American unis and 4 of the 5 UK unis that I applied to...
Edinburgh is the last one and the wait is killing me. :/

I hope they get back to me soon as I would like to visit next week!!!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by cricket123
I have heard back from all 11 American unis and 4 of the 5 UK unis that I applied to...
Edinburgh is the last one and the wait is killing me. :/

I hope they get back to me soon as I would like to visit next week!!!

They're prett slow, good luck though! What'd you apply for? :smile: I'm hoping to look around next week!
Original post by CMC Edi
It's strange that an International student would wait so long for a decision. Have you e-mailed the admissions office? Humanities is [email protected] and science and engineering is [email protected]. You'll need to provide your UCAS personal ID in the E-Mail.

I emailed them a week or so ago and they said I would need to wait another week or two and that they are still working on some international applications.

Original post by twinlensreflex
They're prett slow, good luck though! What'd you apply for? :smile: I'm hoping to look around next week!

Thanks! :smile: I applied for MA Psychology. You?
Hey ^^

I applied for Economics at the University of Edinburgh (L100), Economics and Management Sciences and Economics and Sociology (yes, indeed I really wanted to go to this university ^^) and received 3 unconditional offers :biggrin:

I was wondering whether anyone else is going to be going to Edinburgh this fall??
Reply 2884
Just applied for accomodation, so nervous...
Original post by cricket123
Thanks! :smile: I applied for MA Psychology. You?

Oooh nice. :smile: I have an offer for BA Photography at ECA :love:
Not sure whether I will be going there this AUTUMN, I have a conditional for a B in my Maths exam for Civil Engineering. Economics is high up my list of possible outside courses in first year if I do go there. What's the economics course like in first year, do you know? There must have been something that made you apply to effectively the same course three times!
Well, what I really like about the university of Edinburgh is that you have 4 years and in the first 2 you get the option of trying out different courses, in addition to its location and reputation. I don't know anything about the specifics (apart from what can be found online), but these are some of the main things that drew me towards this university .
Good luck on your exams ^^
SO I think I'm going to accept my ECA offer for performance costume :smile:

I need to apply for accommodation, where have other people looked?
Original post by millas2103
SO I think I'm going to accept my ECA offer for performance costume :smile:

I need to apply for accommodation, where have other people looked?

See the sticky accommodation thread for details on accommodation.
I attended an applicant day with my portfolio for Film and Tv at ECA two months ago and haven't heard anything since, getting quite anxious now anyone heard back regarding this course?
Anyone going for 1st year Fashion at ECA in September?
Are there any Economics and Politics firmers here? How many places does Edinburgh have for this course?
i will be there, just doing straight econ :P
Yay ^^ congrats
Has anyone who got that email about hearing back by the 10th April heard back yet?
Original post by annabelisme
Has anyone who got that email about hearing back by the 10th April heard back yet?

Was about to leave this exact message! Nothing yet. :frown:
Reply 2897

I haven't either.
Reply 2898

I did today, but I think the offer is ridiculously high. 37 points with 666 at HL for archaeology? That's the highest of my offers and I've received offers from UCL, Durham, Glasgow & Aberdeen as well.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by magenta1
Hey :smile: I got unconditional for Accounting and Finance and a conditional for Accounting and Business Studies ( A and F my first choice) and we literally are so alike! I need to decide between glasgow and edinburgh too! Even though we're doing different degrees we'll still be in the same classes yay finally found someone :biggrin: So, do you know where youre gonna pick glasgow or ed?

Finally I found someone :biggrin: I firmed Edinburgh after going to an applicant evening at Glasgow uni, was so close to picking Glasgow until they told me that all the accounting students were kept together and that they didn't integrate with students from other departments. I didn't like that idea at all.

Quick Reply

Latest