The Student Room Group

As level Remarks!

Hello, so I got a C in my January AS history America 1890-1945 paper in January and I was one mark of a B so I sent it off for a remark. The people who work in the exams department said I would get the remark back within 3 weeks. It's been nearly a month now and I was just wondering if any of you have had your papers remarked; and if you have how long did you take to get the paper back? Thank you everyone and good luck for your exams!
Reply 1
Original post by Jacob Bolton
Hello, so I got a C in my January AS history America 1890-1945 paper in January and I was one mark of a B so I sent it off for a remark. The people who work in the exams department said I would get the remark back within 3 weeks. It's been nearly a month now and I was just wondering if any of you have had your papers remarked; and if you have how long did you take to get the paper back? Thank you everyone and good luck for your exams!

Hi,
Well, the JCQ Post-results services document doesn't seem to mention a date by which EAR's (includes Remarks) should be done. I'd wait a little more and then ask your exam officers to ring the exam board up and enquire about it.

http://jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/1484/Post%20Results%20Services%20Booklet%2011-12.pdf

The paper you say you asked to be remarked: That's a single module (unit) right?

Assuming so, if you were 1 mark of a B in a single unit, then really it is not worth remarking. Most of the time marks do not go up, but remain the same, sometimes they can even go down a little. If a mark does not increase, you won't get your money back.

Since it is a unit, your whole grade is dependant on the sum of the marks of all the units in AS (+A2 units if you decide to do that --> you would get an A-Level grade).
Therefore you would just need to work a little harder to get an extra mark in the next unit, to counter the first exam's missing mark.
Reply 2
Original post by TheHuman
Hi,
Well, the JCQ Post-results services document doesn't seem to mention a date by which EAR's (includes Remarks) should be done. I'd wait a little more and then ask your exam officers to ring the exam board up and enquire about it.

http://jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/1484/Post%20Results%20Services%20Booklet%2011-12.pdf

The paper you say you asked to be remarked: That's a single module (unit) right?

Assuming so, if you were 1 mark of a B in a single unit, then really it is not worth remarking. Most of the time marks do not go up, but remain the same, sometimes they can even go down a little. If a mark does not increase, you won't get your money back.

Since it is a unit, your whole grade is dependant on the sum of the marks of all the units in AS (+A2 units if you decide to do that --> you would get an A-Level grade).
Therefore you would just need to work a little harder to get an extra mark in the next unit, to counter the first exam's missing mark.

Hello Thank you for replying to my thread. Yes it is a single module unit I do agree with you I didn't really see the purpose of getting the paper remarked. However my parents were insistent I got it remarked even though I explained it was pretty pointless! I think I will follow your advice and talk to my exam office when I get back to college after Easter. Plus of course I will work harder for the next unit! For the unit I did in January I did about a weeks revision for which really isn't good enough! Thank you very much for your advice.
Reply 3
Hello Thank you for replying to my thread. Yes it is a single module unit I do agree with you I didn't really see the purpose of getting the paper remarked. However my parents were insistent I got it remarked even though I explained it was pretty pointless! I think I will follow your advice and talk to my exam office when I get back to college after Easter. Plus of course I will work harder for the next unit! For the unit I did in January I did about a weeks revision for which really isn't good enough! Thank you very much for your advice.

You're welcome. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TheHuman
You're welcome. :smile:

Just out of curiosity do you like me have problems getting to sleep? I was just wondering why you would be awake at this late hour? :smile: If you do not mind me asking you this.
Reply 5
Just out of curiosity do you like me have problems getting to sleep? I was just wondering why you would be awake at this late hour? :smile: If you do not mind me asking you this.

Yep, spend a night or two doing some work and I'll just fix myself into that awkward sleep cycle which I find very hard to get out of. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest