The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harmony_01
You shouldn't be out at 45 degree heat, let alone finding time to eye up Muslim women.

I have a fantastic beach-body and am sure they appreciated the opportunity to see one. I have been out in the middle of the desert ( which gets far hotter) and btw still saw women forced to wear burkhas there for islamic sensibilities. But the islamic dress code makes them look ridiculous, particularly when they have quite decent beaches there and great water for swimming/surfing. but muslim women will never fully be able to appreciate a beach holiday becuase of ridiculous clothing restrictions
Reply 41
Original post by King-Panther
So where is the proof christians are being killed, besides christian fundamentalist websites?... Also what happened in the crusades and recently in bosnia or how about the 1.2 million people that have died in the recent war in iraq, which the perpetrators are the christian west.

How many wars have the christians started against the muslims, compared to the amount started by muslims.

Easter, what the day mithra supposedly rose from the dead, how could god die, what sort of god is that?

"He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God." - 2 Thessalonians 2:4 (a verse from the bible about the anti-christ)

There are a series of news agencies there dumb dumb. No wonder you're a Muslim if you're so stupid you can't see that.

What kind of a God do you worship if there is something he isn't capable of doing something? Obviously not an all powerful one :rolleyes:

I am not talking about going to war - something Islam has done prolifically to spread it's lies. We're talking about civilians picking up the toilet paper that is the Koran and coming to the conclusion they should kill their neighbours. It is a book of hate, on par with Mein Kampf.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
I have a fantastic beach-body and am sure they appreciated the opportunity to see one. I have been out in the middle of the desert ( which gets far hotter) and btw still saw women forced to wear burkhas there for islamic sensibilities. But the islamic dress code makes them look ridiculous, particularly when they have quite decent beaches there and great water for swimming/surfing. but muslim women will never fully be able to appreciate a beach holiday becuase of ridiculous clothing restrictions

Pass on your concern and I shall do the same for those girls that wear little-to-nothing on chilly Saturday nights. :smile:
Reply 43
Given that the murder rate in the USA is 50 homicides per million people, surely uniting one million people over this single murder misses the big picture, given that it is statistically likely that several of the people taking part in this will themselves be murdered?
Reply 44

That must be one of the worst things about being a muslim woman. Being unable to swim, or have a proper day at the beach. Theres some things that you just have to wear less clothing to participate in.
Reply 45
Pass on your concern and I shall do the same for those girls that wear little-to-nothing on chilly Saturday nights. :smile:

They dont have to dress like that. Infact many dont.

I was out on the town last night in a pair of jogging bottoms and a crop top. I had my coat with me. I had a great night.

The night always turns out better if you are dressed comfortably anyway.

You dont have to wear next to nothing to look nice. I don't, anyway :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by Elipsis
There are a series of news agencies there dumb dumb. No wonder you're a Muslim if you're so stupid you can't see that.

What kind of a God do you worship if there is something he isn't capable of doing something? Obviously not an all powerful one :rolleyes:

I am not talking about going to war - something Islam has done prolifically to spread it's lies. We're talking about civilians picking up the toilet paper that is the Koran and coming to the conclusion they should kill their neighbours. It is a book of hate, on par with Mein Kampf.

Its funny you should say that, because I did actually wipe my backside with some Quran pages before.

This is true aswell, I'm not saying it to annoy anyone. The book was in a (white non muslim by the way) guys bathroom and there was no toilet paper.:biggrin::eek:
Original post by Elipsis

ad hominem |ˈad ˈhämənəm|
adverb & adjective
attacking an opponent’s motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain : vicious ad hominem attacks.

Rather than attack me, why don't you attack my arguments. ad hominem, a sure sign you're losing the debate.

Not a single mainstream one like BBC, nah didn't think so, all journalists and websites are probably christians or owned by them...

Indeed, only a stupid person would follow the real religion of moses, abraham and jesus, ect, ect. The religion bestowed upon mankind by god. Only a smart person would worship the antichrist.

Your god died, what sort of god dies? In the bible God is eternal, he wasn't born nor tastes death, Deuteronomy 33:27 "The eternal God is your refuge", just incase you don't know the meaning of the word,

eternal |iˈtərnl|
adjective
lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning : the secret of eternal youth | fear of eternal damnation.

So how could something eternal die, surely a clear contradiction, but i suppose mithraism and logic don't go hand in hand, so there is no point using logic or facts when debating the followers of the anti-christ. You still haven't answered my question, what sort of God dies?

What lies, that jesus isn't god, when he himself never claimed that himself. "He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God." - 2 Thessalonians 2:4. The anti-christ claims to be God, not jesus.

I think you find, that is how mithraism has spread (through violence).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Chloe xxx
They dont have to dress like that. Infact many dont.

I was out on the town last night in a pair of jogging bottoms and a crop top. I had my coat with me. I had a great night.

The night always turns out better if you are dressed comfortably anyway.

You dont have to wear next to nothing to look nice. I don't, anyway :biggrin:

Exactly. We need to be telling every female this because they don't know any better already. :wink:

I dont see a comparable in the two - effectively banning muslim women from swimming in the sea due to clothing restriction and girls who choose from their own mind to wear saturday night outfits when its cold (hardly arctic conditions though). I do believe the west had the invention of the overcoat for such scenarios. I cant be hypocritical about this though, seeing as i might choose to show off the guns one day, i shouldnt begrudge a girl showing off her legs if she has decent ones.
Was there another strawman you could come up with?
(edited 11 years ago)
Its funny you should say that, because I did actually wipe my backside with some Quran pages before.

This is true aswell, I'm not saying it to annoy anyone. The book was in a (white non muslim by the way) guys bathroom and there was no toilet paper.:biggrin::eek:

The morality of a prostitute, did mithra teach you those morals?
Reply 51
I dont see a comparable in the two - effectively banning muslim women from swimming in the sea due to clothing restriction and girls who choose from their own mind to wear saturday night outfits when its cold (hardly arctic conditions though). I do believe the west had the invention of the overcoat for such scenarios. I cant be hypocritical about this though, seeing as i might choose to show off the guns one day, i shouldnt begrudge a girl showing off her legs if she has decent ones.
Was there another strawman you could come up with?

I do. You're concerned as I am I. :smile:
Reply 52

I see someone is offended, usually thats the argument given when they are so.

I did it for 2 years, aged 18-20, and made tens of thousands.

I don't regret it.

I have come to no harm from it.

I have kept my loving boyfriend throughout.

Hmmmm...yeah.

I was 17 at the time too and had never even worked as a prostitute.
Reply 53
Exactly. We need to be telling every female this because they don't know any better already. :wink:

Yes. I have friends who also agree it to be the case. You can have much more fun not worrying about your outfit or how to walk whilst drunk :biggrin:

The problem is though that to some muslims, anything not covered head to foot is showing too much.

There needs to be a compromise somewhere.

I disagree with Chloe most of the time and what she did with the Quran is shocking, but you don't need to keep throwing in her face that she was a prostitute in the manner that you did. You don't know why she went into prostitution. Prostitutes are not bad people!
Just saying :smile:
Reply 55
Yes. I have friends who also agree it to be the case. You can have much more fun not worrying about your outfit or how to walk whilst drunk :biggrin:

The problem is though that to some muslims, anything not covered head to foot is showing too much.

There needs to be a compromise somewhere.

cause you was a prozzie? no wonder you wanna be flauting your stuff off
I see someone is offended, usually thats the argument given when they are so.

I did it for 2 years, aged 18-20, and made tens of thousands.

I don't regret it.

I have come to no harm from it.

I have kept my loving boyfriend throughout.

Hmmmm...yeah.

I was 17 at the time too and had never even worked as a prostitute.

Indeed, self respect has no price.

Well, your type usually give it away for free, so at least you were smart enough to get paid for it.

Well, I hope mithra is proud of you.
Reply 57
adverb & adjective
attacking an opponent’s motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain : vicious ad hominem attacks.

Rather than attack me, why don't you attack my arguments. ad hominem, a sure sign you're losing the debate.

Not a single mainstream one like BBC, nah didn't think so, all journalists and websites are probably christians or owned by them...

Indeed, only a stupid person would follow the real religion of moses, abraham and jesus, ect, ect. The religion bestowed upon mankind by god. Only a smart person would worship the antichrist.

Your god died, what sort of god dies? In the bible God is eternal, he wasn't born nor tastes death, Deuteronomy 33:27 "The eternal God is your refuge", just incase you don't know the meaning of the word,

eternal |iˈtərnl|
adjective
lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning : the secret of eternal youth | fear of eternal damnation.

So how could something eternal die, surely a clear contradiction, but i suppose mithraism and logic don't go hand in hand, so there is no point using logic or facts when debating the followers of the anti-christ. You still haven't answered my question, what sort of God dies?

What lies, that jesus isn't god, when he himself never claimed that himself. I think you find, that is how mithraism has spread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15359078

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17369800

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11724378

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10228730

That's just a few to get you started. And the Huffington post is a world wide respected news organisation, it has no Christian backing like Al Jazeera has Muslim backing.

Here's one from today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17629499

How could God die? God couldn't die, which shows your obvious misunderstanding which you have gotten from the lies spread by Mohammed as he made up things as he went along. Jesus, the earthly vessel in which God resided could die. What you are saying is that God is incapable of doing something, which is ridiculous. It is just Mohammed making up excuses as to why the Islamic faith exists when the bible clearly states there will be no more prophets til the end of times. Further to this, Mohammed performed ZERO miracles, and pointed to the rather medicore work that is the Quaran - which wasn't even compiled til long after his death, as his only miracle.

So we have established:
-Mohammed wasn't prophesised to come
-Mohammed performed no miracles
-Mohammed spread his cult by the sword, not through people willingly submitting to him, unless of course they benefited financially or via him not killing their children.
-Everything that preceded Mohammed in fact states he wouldn't come, so he is a false prophet, which is shown by the results of his cult.

We have seen cults before: Mormonism, The Jonestown Cult etc. They are all very much like Islam. They require you suspend pre-thought, and go straight into formulaic practices like chanting 5 times a day, wearing clothes like Mo Mo said, naming yourself after the supreme leader etc. etc. You will never see this though because you were brain washed from birth, so I am essentially wasting my time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
adverb & adjective

eternal |iˈtərnl|
adjective

What lies, that jesus isn't god, when he himself never claimed that himself. "He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God." - 2 Thessalonians 2:4. The anti-christ claims to be God, not jesus.

I think you find, that is how mithraism has spread (through violence).

Your God did this, Your God did that!.....

Its like a kiddies playground argument. Sad. :hahaha:
I do. You're concerned as I am I. :smile:

Bbut you dont explain why you do. as i already said a girl in the uk on a satuday night can wear a coat to avoid "offending" you.
What can a muslim women do if she wants to have a swim in the sea, to avoid "offending" you?

What are you doing wandering the streets on a saturday night btw - looking for girls to get "offended" by?

Latest