The Student Room Group

MRC Clinical Sciences Centre summer studentship

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the right area to post this but I thought I'd ask if anyone here is applying for this or has taken part previously. I've just sent off my application form and want to find some general opinions of the programme from previous participants (and ask some questions) and meet some potential fellow summer students!

Thanks!
Reply 1
I've applied for this summer as well!
Reply 2
Yay there is someone else out there haha! Hopefully we'll hear about being shortlisted this week...
Reply 3
Original post by blondie798
I've applied for this summer as well!

So I just got an email saying I haven't got it...have you heard at all?
Reply 4
How do you apply on the website? Can't see a link or anything...
Reply 5
Original post by Xiomara
How do you apply on the website? Can't see a link or anything...

The deadline's passed I'm afraid...
Reply 6
Original post by purple-girl
The deadline's passed I'm afraid...

Argh! Story of my life :frown: Thank you anyway!
Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the right area to post this but I thought I'd ask if anyone here is applying for this or has taken part previously. I've just sent off my application form and want to find some general opinions of the programme from previous participants (and ask some questions) and meet some potential fellow summer students!

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry for asking this but what's the programme for? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Macromolecular
Hi,

Sorry for asking this but what's the programme for? :smile:

www.csc.mrc.ac.uk/Jobs/SummerStudentships/SummerStudentships/
Reply 9
Yay there is someone else out there haha! Hopefully we'll hear about being shortlisted this week...

Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 10
So I just got an email saying I haven't got it...have you heard at all?

Sorry, just saw your second message. That's such a shame! I haven't heard anything, hopefully no news is good news :L
I received an email, saying that they have only selected the first 300 applications, so I have been rejected. For those still in the game good luck, it looks like a fantastic opportunity.
Reply 12
Original post by Nasher and Basher
I received an email, saying that they have only selected the first 300 applications, so I have been rejected. For those still in the game good luck, it looks like a fantastic opportunity.

Does that mean they've made a short-list of 300 people? Jeez, that's still loads...
Does that mean they've made a short-list of 300 people? Jeez, that's still loads...

Yep it's 300 applicants that they are planning to review, however I'm not sure how many they plan to take and it also depends on what choices applicants have picked, so that this into account.

What choices did you pick ?
Reply 14
Original post by Nasher and Basher
Yep it's 300 applicants that they are planning to review, however I'm not sure how many they plan to take and it also depends on what choices applicants have picked, so that this into account.

What choices did you pick ?

I think there's around 25 places. And I put Neurobiology, Gene Regulation and Genomics as my highest fields of research. Cell Biology, Imaging and Molecular Biology were my highest research methods. I've had a look at the labs they offer and to be honest they all look pretty amazing, it's really the experience i'm after anyway.

What did you pick?
I think there's around 25 places. And I put Neurobiology, Gene Regulation and Genomics as my highest fields of research. Cell Biology, Imaging and Molecular Biology were my highest research methods. I've had a look at the labs they offer and to be honest they all look pretty amazing, it's really the experience i'm after anyway.

What did you pick?

Fields of Research-Metabolic, Neurobiology, Epigenetics and Gene Regulation
Research Methods- Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry

But I have been rejected.

Quick Reply