The Student Room Group

Bishop Grosseteste University Lincoln - PGCE Primary

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hello :smile: I am starting in September too. Just wondering how you found the crb system? I took my documents and paid for the check at the open day on 10th June. They said i would get an email with details of how to complete the application but I have heard nothing since. I have emailed twice but had no response. Should i have heard from them now?

I am doing my 3 days in a 0-3 setting next week so quite looking forward to that. I had also go a school lined up for the September week but the latest letter says it has to be in a nursery if you are doing lower primary and the school i had sorted doesnt have a nursery class so have to sort another one. It doesn't leave us a lot of time to sort it before they break up for summer now!
Reply 61
Original post by smkendall
Hello :smile: I am starting in September too. Just wondering how you found the crb system? I took my documents and paid for the check at the open day on 10th June. They said i would get an email with details of how to complete the application but I have heard nothing since. I have emailed twice but had no response. Should i have heard from them now?

I am doing my 3 days in a 0-3 setting next week so quite looking forward to that. I had also go a school lined up for the September week but the latest letter says it has to be in a nursery if you are doing lower primary and the school i had sorted doesnt have a nursery class so have to sort another one. It doesn't leave us a lot of time to sort it before they break up for summer now!

I receved the email for the crb the same day i went to uni and paid and applied the same day. I would ring them up rather then email cos i find they dont reply to your emails lol. You really should've got the email by now. Im still trying to get my 3 day experience in year 7 cos im doing upper primary but im having trouble getting the 3 days placement cos they are breaking up soon. They should've said in the interview :facepalm:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 62
Thanks, i called this morning and they sent the email through immediately.

Yes, it would have been nice to have a little more notice about arranging the placements!
Reply 63
Original post by smkendall
Thanks, i called this morning and they sent the email through immediately.

Yes, it would have been nice to have a little more notice about arranging the placements!

Ahh thats good to hear :smile:

My CRB came in the post today, it took a month and a half for it to come through after i sent off for it.
Reply 64
I'm going to do my crb tomorrow so hopefully will be straightforward. I still need to sort my experience out, definitely will have to do the secondary. I got my draft timetable at the weekend so hopefully my interpretation of it is right as my father in law has booked our flights for the October half term/self study! Hope it doesn't change! Xx
Reply 65
Ah thats good then, hopefully not much will change. Did you read the timetable as us having to be in everyday too? X

Reply 66
From when I asked about the time off for half term she said self study days are not in college so I read it as anything with a ss meaning we don't have to go in. I hope that's the case or it's going to cost me a fortune in fuel x
Reply 67
Original post by Shelbel
From when I asked about the time off for half term she said self study days are not in college so I read it as anything with a ss meaning we don't have to go in. I hope that's the case or it's going to cost me a fortune in fuel x

Ahh ok :-)

Reply 68
Just been to the doc checking day, was everso busy but after an hours wait they confirmed I have now met all my conditions! yay! x
Reply 69
Original post by Shelbel
Just been to the doc checking day, was everso busy but after an hours wait they confirmed I have now met all my conditions! yay! x

Yaaay!!

Reply 70
I was completely caught off guard by the secondary school experience requirement, too. I only got the letter a few weeks ago during the half term - I work full-time hours on top of two days work experience at a primary school, and organising experience so late in the year is just a no-hoper. I'll have to just explain my situation and try and get it done in September. Not very impressed, though.

Also, am I the only person who has received two identical sets of documents from BG over the past few weeks? First I got a letter about school placement allocations, then one with some more course information / rough course timetable / reading material list, and then I received another letter with all of these documents in one. So confusing!
Reply 71
Original post by Jimcus
I was completely caught off guard by the secondary school experience requirement, too. I only got the letter a few weeks ago during the half term - I work full-time hours on top of two days work experience at a primary school, and organising experience so late in the year is just a no-hoper. I'll have to just explain my situation and try and get it done in September. Not very impressed, though.

Also, am I the only person who has received two identical sets of documents from BG over the past few weeks? First I got a letter about school placement allocations, then one with some more course information / rough course timetable / reading material list, and then I received another letter with all of these documents in one. So confusing!

I got the first letter and second letter but i didnt get the all in one one, they may have sent it out without realising that you already got it lol :tongue:
Reply 72
Original post by pineapple86
I got the first letter and second letter but i didnt get the all in one one, they may have sent it out without realising that you already got it lol :tongue:

Yeah, must just be a little hiccup on their end. Getting so excited about starting now!
Reply 73
Original post by Jimcus
Yeah, must just be a little hiccup on their end. Getting so excited about starting now!

Me too, it'll be here before we know it!!

Reply 74
I got two letters and some of it was duplicated. I'm sooo excited too xx
Is anyone having trouble securing a placement for September? I'm getting worried now as it's so near the end of term!
Reply 76
Original post by stepintothepink
Is anyone having trouble securing a placement for September? I'm getting worried now as it's so near the end of term!

How are you contacting them? I have to keep ringing til someone gets back to me and its annoying me now cos i understand its the end of term so they will be busy but at least call me back at some point!
Reply 77
To be honest I've just taken the easy option and have gone to one of the schools I I'd my 2weeks experience in! Lazy I know but it's made it much easier. Xx
Hey everyone,

I have an interview for the BG Lower Primary PGCE next week (late I know, I keep getting rejected from everywhere XD) - was wondering if anyone had any tips on the presentation bit?

I chose to do it on a science lesson for year 1/2 children I observed during my last volunteering placement, mainly because it was the lesson that has stuck in my mind most, I'm hoping thats a good sign lol.

Essentially it followed the structure of teacher giving the kids a scenario, explaining the experiment they would do and then they went off and got on with it - I've thought of a few comments I can make regarding the lesson itself and its structure, but I'm struggling to think of ways to make it interactive with the audience, has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance :P
Reply 79
Original post by Hedgehog648
Hey everyone,

I have an interview for the BG Lower Primary PGCE next week (late I know, I keep getting rejected from everywhere XD) - was wondering if anyone had any tips on the presentation bit?

I chose to do it on a science lesson for year 1/2 children I observed during my last volunteering placement, mainly because it was the lesson that has stuck in my mind most, I'm hoping thats a good sign lol.

Essentially it followed the structure of teacher giving the kids a scenario, explaining the experiment they would do and then they went off and got on with it - I've thought of a few comments I can make regarding the lesson itself and its structure, but I'm struggling to think of ways to make it interactive with the audience, has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance :P

I had this problem but i managed to make it work. It depends on what you are talking about, when i had mine some people used music, some got us to do a quick drawing task, and i did a quick question and answer at the start about learning methods. Maybe relate it to a task the kids did? It depends on what angle you are talking about it from and what you are including.

Dont worry i did one that stuck out which meant i had a lot to talk about so had to keep cutting bits out lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending