The Student Room Group

Manchester College Access to Medicine

I have an interview at the Nicholls campus next week, and was wondering if anyone knew much about the interview procedures?

Thanks a lot.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this for 2012 entry?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Yes it is. My interview went pretty well I'd say. Haven't had any news yet, apparently the letters were dispatched yesterday so fingers crossed.
Reply 3
It seems like a late interview! When did you apply? I hope you receive good news!

Reply 4
I applied late 2011 I think. Had an assessment in June, then interview July. A letter should be here any day now. Thak you!
Reply 5
I'm applying for 2013 entry so it's good to know a bit about the application process! Let me know when you hear back from them?

Reply 6
Yeah I will :smile: Which campus are you looking to apply for?
Reply 7
Either one is easy enough for me, but I'd prefer Nicholls. Can you only apply for it at one campus?

Reply 8
I'm not sure, I only applied for Nicholls but I could have gone to any. I got my place by the way :smile:
Reply 9
Well done!!! That's great :-D

What experience did you have at the time of your application, if you don't mind me asking?

Are you just planning on applying to Manchester uni for medicine or others too?

Reply 10
I applied late 2011 and recieved a confirmation letter, acknowledging my application. I went for an assessment in June, was pretty easy. I got called back for an interview 11th July, it wasn't much of an interview. They just took some details from me, and made sure I knew everything about the course and that was it really. I didn't get a very good impression from it, I didn't think I'd get a place!
Reply 11
And I know I'm applying for Liverpool and Manchester, still deciding on the others.
That doesn't sound so bad. I'm going to apply really early hopefully. Keep me updated with how you find the course! :-D

Reply 13
Original post by amyrose1991
I have an interview at the Nicholls campus next week, and was wondering if anyone knew much about the interview procedures?

Thanks a lot.

Hi there I'm trying To apply for access to medicine in Manchester College. I have read through the form and have some sort of an idea what to expect however if you can give me some more pointers for instance what to expect in the assessment or what questions are we looking at. I am applying for 2013 entry. It would be really kind of you if you can give me some pointers thank you.

Bakar
Reply 14
Hi,

I had my interview in March and was offered a place the end of April at the Northenden Campus. The interview consisted of a basic maths and english test online (GCSE level), a written 500 word statement on why you want to attend the course and then a one-to-one interview.

It was all really simple and they just asked all the usuall Q's. Why do you want do attend the course? What's your financial position? What experience you have?

Hope this helps.

N x
Reply 15
Hey, thank you for your reply.

Just wondering what sort of online english and maths questions would it be for example is it going to be timed? However, I do make slight mistakes on grammar but I am attending key skills work shop to improve my grammar and writing skills where as my maths, it is average. Is the exam hard, easy or moderate, how will the test be? so I can prepare in advance. Once again thank you in advance.

Bakar :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bakar877
Hey, thank you for your reply.

Just wondering what sort of online english and maths questions would it be for example is it going to be timed? However, I do make slight mistakes on grammar but I am attending key skills work shop to improve my grammar and writing skills where as my maths, it is average. Is the exam hard, easy or moderate, how will the test be? so I can prepare in advance. Once again thank you in advance.

Bakar :smile:

Have you had your interview/assessment yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I haven't its on the 10th June wish me luck for it.

Bakar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bakar877
I haven't its on the 10th June wish me luck for it.

Bakar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck. If you're unsure about anything just ask as I did it a few months ago and have been given an unconditional offer. Wish you the best of luck-I'm sure you'll do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I would just like to know what sort of questions I have to answer and what to expect. Just incase I don't get sudden surprises.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply