The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wm123
They're highly fashionable. Your in the wrong place mate.

Be prepared to get attacked.
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
I pray this is sarcasm.

Yes.
Where's good for buying suit jackets?
Original post by dancinginrainbows
Where's good for buying suit jackets?

depends on your budget...

burton, next?
Original post by robodude789
depends on your budget...

burton, next?

Under £100. I'm looking for something fancy :smile:
Reply 365
Fancy? Please tell me you are using that as a euphemism for quality and not something 'jazzy' ...
Reply 366

?
Reply 367
Original post by WillKail

Original post by WillKail

?

I want to say no and that they are truly awful but for some reason I am drawn to them :sigh:
The right person could really pull them off.
Reply 368
Original post by dancinginrainbows
Under £100. I'm looking for something fancy :smile:

If you can, see if there is a Moss outlet shop near to you. I got a £180 full suit including a nice jacket for £50. :borat:

---

I got a lovely dress shirt from Next today for £22. Fits very very nicely, I love it. :smile:
I should really be revising atm, but oh well.
I really need to get together a decent wardrobe of good looking clothes ready for starting college, however I have a tiny budget (I only get £30 a month) and was wondering where I could get some decent, cheap clothes? I know that I'm not going to be getting much, but its all I can get without a job (theres none where I live, even all the paper rounds are taken -.-).
I know it might seem strange that I need a whole new wardrobe, but I've been a social hermit outside of school(I'm awkward), so I haven't really bothered keeping up with fashions and stuff, I've just bought clothes that I liked - without thinking about what they'd actually go with, or whether it would look good.
Reply 370
Original post by George K

I should really be revising atm, but oh well.
I really need to get together a decent wardrobe of good looking clothes ready for starting college, however I have a tiny budget (I only get £30 a month) and was wondering where I could get some decent, cheap clothes? I know that I'm not going to be getting much, but its all I can get without a job (theres none where I live, even all the paper rounds are taken -.-).
I know it might seem strange that I need a whole new wardrobe, but I've been a social hermit outside of school(I'm awkward), so I haven't really bothered keeping up with fashions and stuff, I've just bought clothes that I liked - without thinking about what they'd actually go with, or whether it would look good.

This is the **** bro.
Original post by Steph90

This is the **** bro.

I'd rather not :/
Reply 372

I'd rather not :/

I'm sorry. I'm taking a break from revision and getting tempted to post stupid things. I wouldn't wear that either.

On a serious note, £30 p/m sounds too less to get a whole new wardrobe from - even if buying cheap. How much can you save up?

Also if your budget is that low, go for cheap, durable and simple. You'd be amazed how simple stuff put together can look great.

I'm talking simple hoodies, simple t-shirts, jeans, dark trainers.

You can pick up cheap hoodies & t-shirts at loads of places. The jeans and trainers will probably cost a bit more, but you won't need as many.

3 pairs of jeans (light/medium/dark) will cost about £60 on the cheap side.. I'm guessing here though, about £20 a pair?
Hoodies are around £10 - £15 a pop, get 3/4 of these different colours/styles.
T shirts - £5 - £10 each
Trainers - buy 2 pairs if you can, stick with dark colours - they take less maintaining, white ones tend to get dirty too quickly and look 'too new' at first for my liking and if you're the type of person that doesn't look after their **** - you're better off with black ones. I don't know how much decent looking ones will cost. It may be worth investing £40 - 50 here.

So you need to save about £150 at the least I'd say.
My birthday is in August, which will mean that I'll be getting at least another £100 on top of my £30 a month. I already have £50, so I'd say somewhere in the region of £250 would be a good estimate for what I will have to spend.
Thanks for the help :biggrin:
Its ok about the dark trainers, I don't like bright white ones. What kind of style would you suggest? Plimmies, slip ons?
Reply 376
Just bought my first pair of trainers in about 2 years, so this is what comfort feels like:

I think adidas has really caught on to something great with this Ransom range. Minimalistic trainers in loads of good colour-ways.
Reply 377
Original post by GunnerMT
Just bought my first pair of trainers in about 2 years, so this is what comfort feels like:

I think adidas has really caught on to something great with this Ransom range. Minimalistic trainers in loads of good colour-ways.

Not to mention they don't have those bloody chavtastic stripes on them :yy:
Original post by paddy
Not to mention they don't have those bloody chavtastic stripes on them :yy:

Still Adidas though, therefore still chav.
Reply 379
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Still Adidas though, therefore still chav.

Disagree.
It's not the whole brand that makes it chavvy, it is the specific pieces. David Beckham's Adidas range was great for example.

So by your context anything from Burberry containing any hint of the iconic checkered pattern is chavvy?

Take a read of this: http://www.fashionbeans.com/2011/a-fashion-debate-%E2%80%93-brand-association/

Latest