The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by thunder_chunky
Yeah apart from the Armagh bombings which were sort if a big deal and the fact they acted like judge and jury by lifting locals, torturing and killing them.

Nice one.

You support the Argies wrongful claim to the Falklands and you support Terrorists.
And you call British soldiers terrorists. That's funny.

Just because the british army belongs to a country and isnt a "faction" doesnt mean it cant be called terrorist.
Reply 81
Original post by ak137
I support the cause, yes.

And what is that cause today then? The blood of innocents?

Only hate fuelled nuts support the CIRA and similar groups.
Reply 82
Original post by Dubliner
And what is that cause today then? The blood of innocents?

Only hate fuelled nuts support the CIRA and similar groups.

FFS.
You keep replying to me and i keep telling you to check my previous posts.
Original post by ak137
I support the cause, yes.

"Their cause" pretty much disappeared over 40 years ago, eroded by their methods. Are you even aware of the methods they used on people? I'm talking about civilians as well as British soldiers.

They aren't freedom fighters and haven't been for generations, they are quite simply terrorist scum.
Reply 84
Yeah apart from the Armagh bombings which were sort if a big deal and the fact they acted like judge and jury by lifting locals, torturing and killing them.

Nice one.

You support the Argies wrongful claim to the Falklands and you support Terrorists.
And you call British soldiers terrorists. That's funny.

The IRA carried out thousands of attacks but you only hear about the small minority that went wrong.
As opposed to the brits acting as judge and jury to republicans? You make it out as if it was just random people. The community frequently went to the IRA to sort out Drug Dealers, joy-riders and other hoods. The Crim's were usually given plenty of warning first. Only in extreme cases where they executed.

Viva Argentina!

Of course they Brit scumbag's are terrorists lol.
Reply 85
"Their cause" pretty much disappeared over 40 years ago, eroded by their methods. Are you even aware of the methods they used on people? I'm talking about civilians as well as British soldiers.

They aren't freedom fighters and haven't been for generations, they are quite simply terrorist scum.

Bloody Sunday?
Reply 86
Original post by ak137
FFS.

Don't worry, that's common with the anti-IRA types. They just cant get answers into their heads.
Original post by ak137
Just because the british army belongs to a country and isnt a "faction" doesnt mean it cant be called terrorist.

The fact that you think that British soldiers are terrorists is simply laughable.
Jog on
Reply 88
The fact that you think that British soldiers are terrorists is simply laughable.
Jog on

Again, Bloody Sunday?
Reply 89
Original post by ak137
FFS.

I'm can't be bothered to check them. Either respond properly or don't.

Look mate, I dunno who you are. But in modern Ireland those who seek for a united Ireland will do so via the ballot box in peaceful means - that is pretty much universally accepted. We do not support perpetual violence, bombs and so on. There is very little debate about this issue, and the thought of a return to violence puts the chill up the spine of most people in this country. So don't spout off about supporting violent scum, with no justification and expect people to accept it. You support violence and a return to endless slaughter of the troubles, as opposed to today, you better have a very good reason.
Original post by IRSP044
The IRA carried out thousands of attacks but you only hear about the small minority that went wrong.
As opposed to the brits acting as judge and jury to republicans? You make it out as if it was just random people. The community frequently went to the IRA to sort out Drug Dealers, joy-riders and other hoods. The Crim's were usually given plenty of warning first. Only in extreme cases where they executed.

Viva Argentina!

Of course they Brit scumbag's are terrorists lol.

Thousands of attacks, maybe, but plenty of innocent people died at their hands and you think they still should be allowed to take the moral high ground? Lol ok, whatever you say.

Do you know what the IRA did to petit criminals, not drug dealers but other small time criminals. They would kidnap them and torture them, sometimes cripple them and you don't think I should see them as barbaric?

You clearly know nothing about the facts. You told someone ełse they have their head in the sand, you're a hypocrite.

Now run along
Reply 91
Original post by Dubliner
I'm can't be bothered to check them. Either respond properly or don't.

Look mate, I dunno who you are. But in modern Ireland those who seek for a united Ireland will do so via the ballot box in peaceful means - that is pretty much universally accepted. We do not support perpetual violence, bombs and so on. There is very little debate about this issue, and the thought of a return to violence puts the chill up the spine of most people in this country. So don't spout off about supporting violent scum, with no justification and expect people to accept it. You support violence and a return to endless slaughter of the troubles, as opposed to today, you better have a very good reason.

Ive responded properly and if you cant be 'bovered' to check them, the fool is you.
Reply 92
Jog on

Laughable?

Ireland,
Iraq,
Afghanistan,
Libya,
The rest of your former empire?
Reply 93
Thousands of attacks, maybe, but plenty of innocent people died at their hands and you think they still should be allowed to take the moral high ground? Lol ok, whatever you say.

Do you know what the IRA did to petit criminals, not drug dealers but other small time criminals. They would kidnap them and torture them, sometimes cripple them and you don't think I should see them as barbaric?

You clearly know nothing about the facts. You told someone ełse they have their head in the sand, you're a hypocrite.

Now run along

Yes drug dealers lol. Torture is a outright lie tbh.
Knee capping was a harsh solution but it had to be done as there was no other way of dealing with dealers.
Original post by ak137
Again, Bloody Sunday?

Bloody Sunday was a mistake. A complex mistake that came about because of complex circumstances but a mistake all the same.
That doesn't mean it's right to dismiss the whole British Army as terrorists. I mean, feel free to but it'll just mean you won't be taken seriously by anyone with half a brain.
When you've read up about the true politics and tactics of the IRA then come back to me. Because I'm not how you can dismiss or defend their actions. It tells me you're either painfully ignorant and uneducated about it, or something else.
Reply 95
Bloody Sunday was a mistake. A complex mistake that came about because of complex circumstances but a mistake all the same.
That doesn't mean it's right to dismiss the whole British Army as terrorists. I mean, feel free to but it'll just mean you won't be taken seriously by anyone with half a brain.
When you've read up about the true politics and tactics of the IRA then come back to me. Because I'm not how you can dismiss or defend their actions. It tells me you're either painfully ignorant and uneducated about it, or something else.

Lol, 'mistake'.
Original post by IRSP044
Laughable?

Ireland,
Iraq,
Afghanistan,
Libya,
The rest of your former empire?

If that's what you class as an argument I must be missing something.
None of that prices your silly theory about soldiers being terrorists because a) they go there because they are told to by the government and b) war crimes by soldiers are pretty damn rare/minimal because of the discipline of the soldiers.

Now, do you want to try again?
Original post by ak137
Lol, 'mistake'.

Is that really the best response you could come up with? Bless.
Original post by IRSP044
Yes drug dealers lol. Torture is a outright lie tbh.
Knee capping was a harsh solution but it had to be done as there was no other way of dealing with dealers.

It wasn't just drug dealers though. The IRA acted as gangsters, organised crime almost. They used their status to bully civilians and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
You really don't understand their true nature. For whatever reason you don't, maybe because you don't remember the news stories or because your political ideal clouds the harsh reality.
Either way you're wrong.
Reply 99
Is that really the best response you could come up with? Bless.

I fail to see how almost the killing of 30 unarmed peaceful protestors were a mistake. Maybe the first one, or two or three can be considered a 'mistake'.

Anything bad Britain does is always labelled as a 'mistake'.

Latest