The Student Room Group

Rotterdam School of Management

Just got accepted:biggrin:

Anyone else applied to their BSc IBA program?

Anyone visited the uni?
Reply 1
When did you apply ?
I'm applying soon. :tongue:
Where are you from ?
Original post by TimeToSayGoodbye
Just got accepted:biggrin:

Anyone else applied to their BSc IBA program?

Anyone visited the uni?

Same.
Reply 3
The both of you got accepted ? Well done !
Where are you from soldier ?
Original post by Mihawk
The both of you got accepted ? Well done !
Where are you from soldier ?

studying in the UK
Reply 5
Original post by soldiersixteen
studying in the UK

You are british then ?
When did you submit your application ?
Original post by Mihawk
You are british then ?
When did you submit your application ?

I'm from London yes.

Hoping to visit the uni on 13/14th of April and they are at the World Student Fair at the Emirates next saturday.

Also wanted to check out Maastricht and Tilburg but couldn't get the time off work.

Soldier, I saw you were looking at Maastricht aswell, have you visited it?
Reply 7
I'm studying at RSM right now, 3rd year student... any specific things you wanna about the university? :wink:
Original post by Haydenality
I'm studying at RSM right now, 3rd year student... any specific things you wanna about the university? :wink:

Yeh what are the term dates?

What's rent like in rotterdam?

Cheers
Reply 9

As I understand, during the first semester all 3rd year IBA students have to choose between an internship, a RSM minor or an exchange? Is that correct? If it is, what did you do for the first semester?

What's the workload like in RSM? Do you have enough leisure time?

How's the student life? Are other RSM students friendly? What kind of student activities are there in university (like societies, sport clubs etc.)? Are there any sporting facilities for students on campus?

What's life like in Rotterdam? Is it hard to find a part time job? What's the nightlife like?
Yups that's true! all 3rd year students have to choose between these three things. I choose for an internship in Shanghai, which was absolutely amazing. I didn't want to stay in NL nor would I choose for a minor. A bit waste of your time in my opinion. Ultimately I have chosen for an internship because you can go on exchange in your master year as well. I would prefer an internship abroad and an exchange experience. It makes your CV look much better! Well studying at RSM is hardworking, don't underestimate it but you will have defo enough free time for yourself. Also, RSM has got loads of networking events, crazy parties, special guest lectures (I went to Steve Jobs' guest lecture, it was SO AWESOME :biggrin:), company weeks/management weeks, study trips, ski trips etc for it students.

Student life is great but I recommend you to find a good balance between school and fun :wink: We do have sporting facilities for students on the campus but they are rebuilding the campus right now, i assume the campus will get better, it will only take a very long time ._.

I'm not sure what kind of part-time job you are looking for? I think most employers will prefer Dutch students since they speak Dutch but I'm sure you can find a part-time job in Rdam. I mean there are sooooo many students at RSM who don't speak Dutch and they've still survived lol.. Nightlife is defo great in Rotterdam, loads of parties and bars. Sometimes a bit pricey but yeah thats the nightlife =p

Rent is about 300-400 euros pm, compared to other EU countries like UK or france it is quite okay I think.. I'm not really sure about the term dates for the undergraduate program. You should take a look at their website. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Wow, that sounds awesome! What did you do in Shanghai? :smile:
I worked for a distribution company which was quite interesting. :smile: Our biggest client was Mediamarkt and Mediamarkt depends heavily on its distribution channels. For example all the promotion/discount campaigns are actually part of our job. Mediamarkt just makes the posters and ads lol..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
I just received an unconditional offer to study in RSM! After some thought I decided to accept it! I'm happy that all the admission stuff is finally over for me.
Reply 14
Original post by BalysZ
I just received an unconditional offer to study in RSM! After some thought I decided to accept it! I'm happy that all the admission stuff is finally over for me.

Congrats ! :smile:
Why did you choose it over IBEB ?
Reply 15

Just wanted to know if the whole course is taught in english and if it is easy to communicate with the people there, if you are an english speaking person?
Reply 16
Got accepted for my MSc
Original post by Topdown
Just wanted to know if the whole course is taught in english and if it is easy to communicate with the people there, if you are an english speaking person?

The whole IBEB and IBA programs are in English. Basically almost everyone can speak English in Holland (just with a funny Dutch accent lol) so nothing much to worry about. You'll enjoy your time in NL :wink:
Original post by Jakeh
Got accepted for my MSc

Congratulations! Which Msc did you choose?
Reply 19
Congratulations! Which Msc did you choose?

MSc Finance & Investments

Quick Reply