The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rorydaredking
What did vermaelen do, maybe to get a sending off? On sky they were saying he's walking a tight line, then said it saved the ref a decision because he went off injured.

Ref made a mistake, he booked verm instead of kos
“My mates tease me, calling me the White Cafu!” Laurent Koscielny on playing at right back :tongue:
Original post by word2yamother

Original post by word2yamother
Ref made a mistake, he booked verm instead of kos

Oh fair, Atkinson really is a dire referee.
Reply 943
Original post by GloryHunter
what about 1-0 against man u in may?

That was a nice win but it wasn't exactly emphatic.
Reply 944
Walcott and Gervinho are so wasteful its unreal. Theo didn't score one premier league goal at home in the whole of 2011... with a stat like that frankly he has no right to be starting every game. Until we get another attacking player who consistently gets on the score sheet we are one injury to RVP away from having no goal threat whatsoever.

On a more positive note Koscielny was solid again as was Mertesacker who seems to be growing in confidence with each game. Djourou had his best game at RB too.
Original post by Kronic
That was a nice win but it wasn't exactly emphatic.

True.... But we are improving in areas against the big teams and are not afraid to attack. The season before last we thrashed the small teams (generally speaking) and crumbled against the smaller teams. But this season(apart from 8-2) it was the other way round. I hope we can build on a testing but insightful year.
Happy New Year fellow Arsenal fans.
Reply 946
The good thing is that we are creating lots of chances which for the previous 2 or 3 seasons we didn't do that as much. Hopefully we can start to put more of them away and not be on the edge of our seats waiting for the whistle to blow. However, while it is not good for the old BP, I'd settle for scraping 1-0 wins.

HNY fellow Goons
Reply 947
Arsenal footballing moment of the year: Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona :biggrin:
Robin van Persie's strike against QPR was Arsenal's 300th goal in Premier League London derbies :biggrin:
Reply 949
Did you hear Warnock's comments about RVP? What a pillock.
Original post by Xotol
Did you hear Warnock's comments about RVP? What a pillock.

Until about half way through, I actually thought he was joking.
Reply 951
Original post by internet tough guy
Until about half way through, I actually thought he was joking.

Me too.

When he said 'he's a clever player', I thought he was going to say a compliment. When he said 'he fouls players etc', I thought that he was actually kidding and was gonna come out with the 'lol, just joking, fantastic player'. He said good player at the end, but it seemed like a rant a sore loser would make.

Even the interviewer was like :lolwut:
Reply 952
1st post of 2012 ! Happy new years gooners !!!
Frimpong at wolves, frimpong and karl henry will make a lethal partnership, hopefully cattermole can join wolves too, the legs of attacking midfielders will no longer be safe. If wolves wanna go down, might as well go down with a bang.
Reply 954
Missed most of the match because of my TV randomly flickering on and off, but happy with the result: when I was watching parts of the first half, it looked like one of those days where we could do everything but put the ball into the back of the net. Our profligacy is still an issue to be taken seriously and a dangerous element of our gameplay, but it does say something about our increased resolve and the effect of our players being visibly more committed and energetic on the pitch that we are finding ways to force wins, or at least goals, on frustrating outings like last night. Also, the other games bar the Liverpool one really played out in our favour, hugely lessening our failure to take advantage in the last gameweek. I know it's been said numerous times and is in danger of becoming a clichéd excuse, but given our start to the season, I really think we can look at where we are, and more importantly, how we are playing, and be proud. :smile:

Also, a very happy New Year to all fellow Gooners and other members who hang around this forum. :h:
would've been sweeter if we won at wolves
Reply 956
Today we are linked with Podolski again but this time for £10 million. I really hope we get him.
Original post by haz864
Today we are linked with Podolski again but this time for £10 million. I really hope we get him.

apparently podolski has fallen out with the club's director of sport, Volker Finke.
So it means we are putting in a bid.

i dunno how much to believe these rumours...

frimpong is also going to wolves (it's been announced on the official website). it would be good for him to get first team experience.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by antonfigo
would've been sweeter if we won at wolves

Bit of luck here and there, thats it really. Wolves were a bit fortunate with their goal last week in a similar way to how swansea's equalizing goal against tottenham in yesterday's match was quite lucky as well.
Reply 959
Original post by internet tough guy
Bit of luck here and there, thats it really. Wolves were a bit fortunate with their goal last week in a similar way to how swansea's equalizing goal against tottenham in yesterday's match was quite lucky as well.

Not really a fair comparison to be honest, perhaps Swansea's goal itself was lucky but it came as a result of 20 mins of sustained pressure and near misses. Wolves on the other hand was one of if not their only shot on target.

Latest