The Student Room Group

PGCE Interview for Roehampton

Hi

I have PGCE Interview for Roehampton on the 4th January 2012 at 11.30am.

Anyone got an interview on this day? Or already had an interview?

What was it like? What preparation did you do?

Thanks

Neelab
Reply 1
Hi, I had mine in November and was told if you were unsucessful you would hear back within two weeks. The day started off with handing in forms and then a tour of the university. We were then given an English task which lasted 30 minutes followed by individual interviews (there is no maths test). I read the TES to prepare for current educational issues. It was a friendly and relaxing interview so I have my fingers crossed at the moment waitng for the allocations from the tda.
Original post by neelab

Original post by neelab
Hi

I have PGCE Interview for Roehampton on the 4th January 2012 at 11.30am.

Anyone got an interview on this day? Or already had an interview?

What was it like? What preparation did you do?

Thanks

Neelab

Hi Neelab,
Hope your interview went well?I also applied for PGCE primary but still waiting for their call.How was the interview?Was it tough?

Mou
Reply 3

Original post by member910303
Hi Neelab,
Hope your interview went well?I also applied for PGCE primary but still waiting for their call.How was the interview?Was it tough?

Mou

Hi Mou

I got the date for the interview just before xmas for the 4th Jan. My friend heard a few days ago about hers which is on the 1st Feb so i think they usually give 2-3 weeks time to prepare. Um my friend changed her choice from London met to roehampton on 20th dec via the gttr and heard recieved an interview date 2 days ago so about 4 weeks. when did u apply?
Reply 4
I got on the Primary PGCE at Roehampton (MashAllah). Lots of slogging to look forward to! :wink:
Original post by neelab
Hi Mou

I got the date for the interview just before xmas for the 4th Jan. My friend heard a few days ago about hers which is on the 1st Feb so i think they usually give 2-3 weeks time to prepare. Um my friend changed her choice from London met to roehampton on 20th dec via the gttr and heard recieved an interview date 2 days ago so about 4 weeks. when did u apply?

Hi Neelab,
I applied on 24th of Nov.2011 Still didn't got any interview call.Anyway have you been selected?How was your interview?:smile:

Mou
Reply 6

Hi Neelab,
I applied on 24th of Nov.2011 Still didn't got any interview call.Anyway have you been selected?How was your interview?:smile:

Mou

Hi Mou

my interview was ok. Didnt get asked about educational issue as I mentioned 3 when I was talking! Don't know whether that was good or not but might have been as im in :wink: Um hansel and Gretel for the grammar and hw chn learn for the essay 200 words with extra paper. Grammar was ok. Especially commas and apostrophe and its or it's. Feel I messed some up but again ive got an offer on getting 2.2 degree so it couldn't have mattered that much. Interview was based on my personal statement but what I had rehearsed was not asked. What he did ask was what was the point of my role in the school in a polite way. That I had to improvise. Dont hesitate to ask any more questions. Maybe call them to find out whats happening? U looked on gttr to see if ur application has been sent?
Hi Neelab,
Thanx for ur advice.I checked GTTR. There mentioned they need some more documents for verification.Best of luck for your selection.
Mou
Reply 8
Hi Neelab,
Thanx for ur advice.I checked GTTR. There mentioned they need some more documents for verification.Best of luck for your selection.
Mou

Same thing happened to my friend. She also applied to Roehampton end of November and did not hear back from them. She called them a number of times this month and they told her she should hear back in a few weeks. She was informed by GTTR this week that Roehampton needed more time because they needed more information from her but 2 days later she was sent an email by Roehampton offering her an interview (she wasn't asked for any info). I think you need to call Roehampton to let them know you are still waiting. I suspect that some applications are misplaced or not dealt with in order of when they are sent.
Reply 9
Have u all got CRB checks ready for your placement? Or does the University ususally sort that out?
Reply 10
Anyone doing PGCE at Roehampton in September? Staying in halls?

If staying in halls, feel free to join this Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/467992833218986/

There are individual PGCE groups as well:
FS / KS1
http://www.facebook.com/groups/320738151296495/

KS2
http://www.facebook.com/groups/328216780542087/
Reply 11
Hi has anyone attended pgce primary interview? What questions did they ask during one to one thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending