The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roseroserose.
haha so true!
No I'm WJEC :P They don't offer 'decision'? What's it like?

I messed up FP1 in Jan on one question which was about 25% of the paper :rolleyes: The rest of the ALevel is FP2, FP3, M2, M3, and S2. There's not one bit I'm not worried about hahahaa -dies inside-

Tedious. Boring. 'Put these numbers in order, but you must use a stupidly long method to do it'. 'Granny wants to send post cards to her 5 grandchildren. She has bought 5 different cards and wants to send them to the children they suit most. Who should get each card?' 'Tony is playing a computer game. If he chooses strategy X the probability he wins the round is 0.4 or 0.5. If he chooses strategy Y, it's 0.2 or 0.6. What is his play safe strategy? Why is there no stable solution?'

Stuff like that ^

FP1 was my best module. So far, I've done C1 C2 S2 C3 D1 (maths) and FP1 M1 S2 M2 D2 (further maths).
Original post by -Illmatic-
Join da crew. I'm doing 7 in June :zomg:

not speaking to you about maths. you'll just insult my exam board :tongue:
Reply 382
:woo:
Hahah I know right, I refuse to believe that i actually chose this for myself. I want to do a history degree :rolleyes:

cool i wnat to do a psychology dgree probabaly with combined sunbjects such as neuro science ???? i changed maths to history and what can i say i find unit 1 ayt about thye middle east and arab sattes but quite boring :frown: but unit 2 the sources i absolutely love :grin: the content is awesome from the crimean war, boer war and the first world war!

if you don't mind me asking what subjects u doing??? :smile:
cotanch hmm

Lol :rofl:

What do you guys call it then?

Still, he can't spell 'theorem' and thinks the letter nu is a v, so :dontknow:
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Tedious. Boring. 'Put these numbers in order, but you must use a stupidly long method to do it'. 'Granny wants to send post cards to her 5 grandchildren. She has bought 5 different cards and wants to send them to the children they suit most. Who should get each card?' 'Tony is playing a computer game. If he chooses strategy X the probability he wins the round is 0.4 or 0.5. If he chooses strategy Y, it's 0.2 or 0.6. What is his play safe strategy? Why is there no stable solution?'

Stuff like that ^

FP1 was my best module. So far, I've done C1 C2 S2 C3 D1 (maths) and FP1 M1 S2 M2 D2 (further maths).

Not going to lie, blanked out half way through that :P how do you read the questions haha!

Ah that's odd. Maths was C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1, although I can swap M1 for S2 between the Alevels later on. Need to resit C4 to try for an A* :rolleyes: Because that's going to happen!

What do you need for maths/further? Is that what you want to study or?

I take back what I said. After a thorough examination of past exam papers, I have come to the conclusion that WJEC is a respectable exam board.

:teehee:

:laugh:
What do you guys call it then?

Still, he can't spell 'theorem' and thinks the letter nu is a v, so :dontknow:

I just refrain from saying the names of any hyperbolic functions. its easier that way :tongue:

haha!
Original post by ikz94
:woo:

cool i wnat to do a psychology dgree probabaly with combined sunbjects such as neuro science ???? i changed maths to history and what can i say i find unit 1 ayt about thye middle east and arab sattes but quite boring :frown: but unit 2 the sources i absolutely love :grin: the content is awesome from the crimean war, boer war and the first world war!

if you don't mind me asking what subjects u doing??? :smile:

Aw that's cool, I wanted to take Psychology but the Biology in it scared me :P Neuroscience sounds really interesting as well
Ah I did MiddleEast for GCSE, not my favourite :/ But we do Tudors & Nazis now which feels a bit easier

History, Economics, Maths & Further Maths :smile: & the Welsh Bac if I cba to finish it :rolleyes: I've applied for mixes of History & Econ. :smile:

What do you take?:smile:
I take back what I said. After a thorough examination of past exam papers, I have come to the conclusion that WJEC is a respectable exam board.

:teehee:

:colonhash: It is!!

For Economics, not so much :biggrin:
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
:laugh:

Please don't side with him, he's bullying me :cry:

:lol:
Kind of worried about results day however I'm going on holiday tomorrow which should help me to relax and take my mind off it :biggrin:
Not going to lie, blanked out half way through that :P how do you read the questions haha!

Ah that's odd. Maths was C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1, although I can swap M1 for S2 between the Alevels later on. Need to resit C4 to try for an A* :rolleyes: Because that's going to happen!

What do you need for maths/further? Is that what you want to study or?

If you can find the 2012 D2 OCR paper, try and decipher the second to last question. It was horrible. Not the maths, the maths is easy. The wording was nasty though.

Specifically:
Maths AS: C1 | C2 S1
FM AS (self taught): FP1 | S2 M1
Maths A2: C3 D1 | C4
FM A2: D2 M2 | FP2
My self taught extra stuff because I want an A* in F Maths: S3 | S4 FP3

So if I were on MEI or Edexcel, I'd get AS AFM.

Did you do A-Level maths in your AS year? I wish I'd done that, because some C1/C2 was in FP1, some S1 and C3 was in S2, some C4 was in S3, some C4 is in FP2 and some C4 and FP2 is in FP3. It's awkward, because I have to do some of my timetabled stuff early and then go into the lesson thinking 'I know all this' - like C4 integration, because some of it came up in my S3.

I'll be doing maths at uni, either Bath or Exeter. You?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 393
Original post by ccfcadam36
wait till integration at C4 mate, then we'll see if you find C4 so easy

Eh... I don't get what you mean, I finished C4 exam this January so that means I have already done C4, so I know how simple integration is in C4.:wink:
I just refrain from saying the names of any hyperbolic functions. its easier that way :tongue:

haha!

My maths teacher talks too much. It's great though, because he'll talk about the similar trig functions and trip over the h's as he compares sin to sinh :tongue:

But if he gets too annoying, I simply remind him about his D2 rap. :colone:
Reply 395
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
Please don't joke about suicide. Thank you. :h:

Sorry about that, I'll do it quietly:wink: Kidding how's ur AS gone
Reply 396
Aw that's cool, I wanted to take Psychology but the Biology in it scared me :P Neuroscience sounds really interesting as well
Ah I did MiddleEast for GCSE, not my favourite :/ But we do Tudors & Nazis now which feels a bit easier

History, Economics, Maths & Further Maths :smile: & the Welsh Bac if I cba to finish it :rolleyes: I've applied for mixes of History & Econ. :smile:

What do you take?:smile:

oh erm i do A2 Psychology , AS History and AS Communication and culture.
btw the biology in the psychology content is awesome (that's only cos every1 suck init in my class so tahts when the limelight of my halo gets to shine :tongue:)
If you can find the 2012 D2 OCR paper, try and decipher the second to last question. It was horrible. Not the maths, the maths is easy. The wording was nasty though.

Specifically:
Maths AS: C1 | C2 S1
FM AS (self taught): FP1 | S2 M1
Maths A2: C3 D1 | C4
FM A2: D2 M2 | FP2
My self taught extra stuff because I want an A* in F Maths: S3 | S4 FP3

So if I were on MEI or Edexcel, I'd get AS AFM.

Did you do A-Level maths in your AS year? I wish I'd done that, because some C1/C2 was in FP1, some S1 and C3 was in S2, some C4 was in S3, some C4 is in FP2 and some C4 and FP2 is in FP3. It's awkward, because I have to do some of my timetabled stuff early and then go into the lesson thinking 'I know all this' - like C4 integration, because some of it came up in my S3.

I'll be doing maths at uni, either Bath or Exeter.

I'll keep an eye out :smile:

That is so confusing :biggrin: 15 modules? How does that work out?

Basically C1-4, M/S 1 I did last year. None of it has been cashed in, so we have the equiv. of an A Level.

That's so odd! We're doing FP2 at the moment and it helps so much to have done C4. One boy has joined us without doing it last year and he's struggling a bit on some C4 concepts, because they come up in M3 as well.

Either History & Econ at Cardiff, which is my offer at the moment, or Econ/Politics/Intl Studies at Warwick if they offer me. No maths degree here :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
x

you sound a lot like me, are you doing A2 Maths, and AS and A2 F.Maths this year?
Reply 399
Original post by pink pineapple
Kind of worried about results day however I'm going on holiday tomorrow which should help me to relax and take my mind off it :biggrin:

ohhhhh!!! wer'e tooo???? enjoy it i did that for my GCSE break went to spain dman the chickz we pulled hevanly wna go back?????

Quick Reply

Latest