The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I dunno, it's normally not a problem just things are really ****ing bad this evening. :frown:

Spoiler

I don't think it's going to be enough. :frown:

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling so much. I'm crap at giving advice but if there's anything I can do please let me know :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Dammit I hate myself.
Original post by headunderwater
I'm sorry to hear you're struggling so much. I'm crap at giving advice but if there's anything I can do please let me know :hugs:

Spoiler

Sorry I don't think you can help. Nothing's helping, the music isn'tloud enough the self harm isn't bad enogh, the pills are right ****ing there.

I'm sorry you're fighting urges too. :console:
Sorry I don't think you can help. Nothing's helping, the music isn'tloud enough the self harm isn't bad enogh, the pills are right ****ing there.

I'm sorry you're fighting urges too. :console:

Give the pills to your girlfriend to look after them until you feel a bit more stable. Your girlfriend will understand.
Reply 9664
Original post by Phoenix07
ok hun, sorry I couldn't help! spend some time relaxing and not thinking about it all and I hope you start feeling a bit better at some point :hugs:

Hey, sorry for being soo off with you. Just felt like i was losing my mind for a while.... settled down now.

I know I cant change anything.... just have to accept it and move on. Time will pass and the pain will fade.... thanks again.. you have been more then I could of hoped for in an internet pen pal:colondollar:
Original post by warp2125
Hey, sorry for being soo off with you. Just felt like i was losing my mind for a while.... settled down now.

I know I cant change anything.... just have to accept it and move on. Time will pass and the pain will fade.... thanks again.. you have been more then I could of hoped for in an internet pen pal:colondollar:

Its fine hun honestly, we all have days where things get to much, so its fine you can be as off with me as you like ... I can take it :smile:

Glad it has settled down a bit now though hun, and glad you are starting to see things a bit more clearly! Haha like that ... I am an internet pen pal, miss penpals, people don't really do that anymore do they!

But nah seriously here anytime you need to talk about anything :smile: lets be honest you have done your fair share of putting up with me!
Reply 9666
Original post by Phoenix07
Its fine hun honestly, we all have days where things get to much, so its fine you can be as off with me as you like ... I can take it :smile:

Glad it has settled down a bit now though hun, and glad you are starting to see things a bit more clearly! Haha like that ... I am an internet pen pal, miss penpals, people don't really do that anymore do they!

But nah seriously here anytime you need to talk about anything :smile: lets be honest you have done your fair share of putting up with me!

lol.. true... Im starting to think we are 2 parts of a fruit cake... im the fruit and your the cake.. lol. I tried the pen pal thing when I was younger.... didnt last... thank holy hand grenades for the internet. :biggrin:
siiiick of my father treating me with contempt. what have i done to deserve this--all i have done is try my best, and he hasn't contributed at all. haha at least it seems im the only person who doesn't mind the weather at the moment. it matches my mood. >: (
Original post by bananaterracottapie
siiiick of my father treating me with contempt. what have i done to deserve this--all i have done is try my best, and he hasn't contributed at all. haha at least it seems im the only person who doesn't mind the weather at the moment. it matches my mood. >: (

May I offer a hug? :hugs:
Original post by Libris Dedita
May I offer a hug? :hugs:

hugs are always appreciated :P :smile::jumphug:
Reply 9670
Hi!

So I finally made another account :colondollar:. Superwolf told me to make myself known so I will leave my sig as it is for a couple of weeks :h:. I am going to miss my old account and the very little rep I had, which was still a lot more than my 'main' account :nopity: lol.

I hope everyone is ok :smile: And :hi: to the the many new usernames I can see.

Now for some random things concerning moi...

This morning I felt horrible and I don't know why. I was on the bus and I felt ill... like a nervous/ butterflies in your tummy kind of feeling. I just felt like I couldn't breathe... I could lol but it just felt weird. In my head I was telling myself 'just breathe, just breathe...' and I wanted to cry. I could feel my eyes watering. When someone opened the window I felt a little better.

I think I just needed some air because the bus was hot and stuffy but it set the mood for the day.

I have been very nervous and fidgety all day, so much so that people have commented about it.

Also last week I was in a seminar and some people were questioning the point of country specific Year Abroad meetings and the teacher commented about it being a safety issue, especially girls going alone to Latin America and the group of people started laughing and said something like

Spoiler

It feels good to be back and start posting again :banana:
Reply 9671

Spoiler

Dammit I hate myself.

Don't hate yourself :hugs: Try not to hurt yourself again, maybe try and find something to keep you busy?
Original post by luno
Hi!

So I finally made another account :colondollar:. Superwolf told me to make myself known so I will leave my sig as it is for a couple of weeks :h:. I am going to miss my old account and the very little rep I had, which was still a lot more than my 'main' account :nopity: lol.

This morning I felt horrible and I don't know why. I was on the bus and I felt ill... like a nervous/ butterflies in your tummy kind of feeling. I just felt like I couldn't breathe... I could lol but it just felt weird. In my head I was telling myself 'just breathe, just breathe...' and I wanted to cry. I could feel my eyes watering. When someone opened the window I felt a little better.

I think I just needed some air because the bus was hot and stuffy but it set the mood for the day.

I have been very nervous and fidgety all day, so much so that people have commented about it.

Also last week I was in a seminar and some people were questioning the point of country specific Year Abroad meetings and the teacher commented about it being a safety issue, especially girls going alone to Latin America and the group of people started laughing and said something like

Spoiler

Gave you your first rep. :h:
Does anyone else suffer from social anxiety especially when it comes to phone calls? I have to plan every phone call far in advance and prepare myself for how it might go and what might be said and how I can respond and what to say in the beginning and what to say at the end and that sort of thing to no end. I hate having to make phone calls and do everything I can to avoid it. Unfortunately sometimes they cannot be avoided which brings me to my point: what the hell do I do to improve this? ;_;
Original post by luno

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 9675

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by VoltairianVulgarian
Does anyone else suffer from social anxiety especially when it comes to phone calls? I have to plan every phone call far in advance and prepare myself for how it might go and what might be said and how I can respond and what to say in the beginning and what to say at the end and that sort of thing to no end. I hate having to make phone calls and do everything I can to avoid it. Unfortunately sometimes they cannot be avoided which brings me to my point: what the hell do I do to improve this? ;_;

Ah yes. I sympathise. I try and phone people - aunt or grandmother or whoever - just to talk, to try and stop being freaked out by it. Planning helps a bit too.
Reply 9677
Original post by superwolf
Gave you your first rep. :h:

Thank you :hat2:
My friend suffers terrible depression and recently came off his pills whilst he was travelling; however since going back on them now he's home he has become very withdrawn and not himself at all. He's also having more trouble than usual sleeping. Is it normal for this to happen if you go back on medication the second time?
Weeeeeeeeeell, managed to walk out halfway through an exam today (although it was only Spanish writing, which won't count towards my degree). If anyone would care to donate a zopiclone or two to the 'save superwolf from crying til 5am the night before an exam' fund, I would be most grateful. One-off donations are welcome, but if you are particularly rich in zopiclone, why not enter into our 'sponsor a superwolf' scheme and send one or two every month? You will receive a hand-written letter from your superwolf, and a range of naked pictures. And possibly a sock.

Careful with the tetris idea Nut, if you play it too much you start hallucinating tetris blocks falling from the sky. I remember having a meeting with my psychiatrist after an epic tetris session, trying to concentrate on what she was saying all the while seeing tetris blocks falling in front of her face. Odd, definitely. :lolwut:

I used to dream about the mario kart rainbow road - it was awesome. :moon: Just went on and on forever... If I believed in a heaven, it would be the N64 rainbow road.

Aw now I'm jealous, I want a diazepam day. Went to my gp for a repeat prescription this morning, was tempted to say I'm flying can I have more diazepam but thought it might bite me in the ass if my psychiatrist found out. :tongue: Anyway, enjoy it. What dose do you have? 2mg worked perfect for me first time but now it takes 5mg for any effect. You build resistance stupidly fast.

No offense but how do you mentor someone when you are, excuse the phrasing, ****ed yourself?

I might buy the book, she's been really angry with me recently so anything to make her happy. Been shouting again, how dare I believe anything except exactly what she says. :sad: How the **** do you remember that? And I note; that doesn't prove anything :colonhash: It just means I was right in the past that's all. Alright....I do admit when you put it like that there does appear to be a pattern, that doesn't mean you're right but yes ok fine there's a pattern. :dry: That is exactly what happened. Hmmm. Dammit. :mad: I don't trust the doctor one bit, but you're right I should trust my girlfriend - I'm finding that really difficult right now, I know she wouldn't hurt me but she's not here, she can't see all the evidence, it makes it difficult to trust her 100%. I dunno....I hate how you worded that, it suggests conclusions I don't want to agree with. :colonhash:

2mg. I'm planning on being really sensible with it - not taking too many in a row so my body can't get used to it, not asking for more too soon in case I get flagged up, and in general misusing my prescription pills in the most responsible and foresighted way possible!

Ah but I have all insight and stuff, my psychiatrists have all commented! Anyway, you do an interview and stuff where I'm sure it'll come up, so we'll see what they have to say.

I could give her some words of wisdom if you like, :tongue: might soften her up a bit. Or make her even angrier than before... Alternatively I could slip her a valium or two. :angel:

I didn't word it any way in particular, just listed what always happens and then you drew the obvious conclusion. Obvious because it's true. And obvious. Obviously. :tongue: Remember any time you want an objective opinion about stuff going on I'm *relatively* trustworthy, and now that you've got skype working (finally :rolleyes:) I can now offer you advice and support in my full and splendiferous nakedness, just like nature intended. :biggrin:

By the way, once exams are done (30th of May) I'll be busy doing nothing, so could come see you/drag you up here if you like.

Original post by Delain
Hi there everyone. ^_^

I have asked to join the Depression Society, in the meantime I thought I would introduce myself. Apologies if this is the wrong place for that, Moderators please move my post if so.

My name is Kay, I am 26 and live in Stoke-on-Trent. I have suffered from depression on-and-off since I was around 18 years old. I've had it to varying degrees depending on what has been going on in my life and I am somewhat hindered by it at the moment as I lost my job about a month ago.

I hope to chat and try to support others as well as chatting here if I feel bad or anything if that's okay. I look forward to getting to know everybody.

Welcome to the society. :smile: I have never been to Stoke-on-Trent, but I will bow down to your superior authority and accept it as the new world centre of haute cuisine.

Original post by Anonymous
Missed college again today, but managed to take a shower! (unfortunately I consider this an achievement at the moment :colondollar:)

Anyone else find that their personal hygiene goes completely out of the window?! I'm averaging 1 bath/shower a week at the moment and only wear make-up for work on Saturday (purely because I work in a salon). I'm beginning to look rather ill :erm:

I rather think I might hold the depsoc record for not showering - once went a good 3-4 weeks without washing in any way, shape or form. :cool:

Original post by SciFiBoy
for the love of ****.

had my initial phone appointment just now, which I think went okay, but at the end they tell me there is a 3 month waiting list for therapy :frown: 3 ****ing months, that's really helpful then, not.

seriously, how **** are mental health services here if that's the wait...

:console: I would like to offer my sympathies, and also boast that the other week I was quoted a whopping twelve months for waiting for even an initial appointment with a psychologist. :eek: Psychiatrist's gonna try some sneakiness and get me a psychologist as my key worker instead though.

This is going to sound odd, but here goes anyway. Might be a self harm trigger.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Somebody come and set fire to my bedroom and then we will run away and live in a tent and drink strawberry wine and raspberry cider and life will be perfect.

Mememememememeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll get rmhumphries to drive me, and I think he keeps spare petrol in his car, and I'll make your room all lovely and pretty with flames and we can burn your clothes too and all be naked in a tent together.

And Wolf can be au naturale.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Original post by bananaterracottapie

:hugs: Just make sure you keep on remembering that you do not deserve his contempt - that it's something wrong with him, not you.

Original post by luno
Hi!

Spoiler

I get the same 'can't breathe' thing too sometimes - like you saw, fresh air can help, and also sometimes having a drink of water.

You going abroad next year then? Which country? :teeth:

Original post by VoltairianVulgarian

:lol: I'm so scared of them I don't even have a phone. It has its minor inconveniences, but these are so much outweighed by the awesomeness of no-one ever being able to phone me ever, that it makes me very happy indeed.

When I do have to make phone calls though I find the best approach for me is sort of a sneak attack - I'll just go around doing other things as normal, then all of a sudden grab the phone, dial the number and hope like hell nobody answers so I get let off the hook again. :tongue:

Latest