The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Does Lancaster have a gym?

Is there a gym on campus or near to Lancaster University's campus?
How much does it cost?

Thank you in advance.
Yep! It's got a great sports centre that opened last summer. You can use it on a pay as you go basis or, get a termly or yearly membership. I had the 1 year gold membership (cost £190 in freshers week, £200 outside of freshers) - allows you to use the gym, climbing wall, swimming pool and book courts (badminton, tennis etc) whenever you want. There are other levels of membership (silver, platinum), which offer different privileges. I think platinum also allows you to book gym classes.

Check out the website: http://sportscentrelancaster.co.uk/
(edited 11 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Mombasa Raha
Yep! It's got a great sports centre that opened last summer. You can use it on a pay as you go basis or, get a termly or yearly membership. I had the 1 year gold membership (cost £190 in freshers week, £200 outside of freshers) - allows you to use the gym, climbing wall, swimming pool and book courts (badminton, tennis etc) whenever you want. There are other levels of membership (silver, platinum), which offer different privileges. I think platinum also allows you to book gym classes.

Check out the website: http://sportscentrelancaster.co.uk/

Wow, that's great! Thank you!

(I'll rep you when I am allowed again as I have apparently already reached my limit today :wink: )
Reply 3
The £150 silver membership is pretty much the standard for most students which covers you for the year. This allows access to the pool, cardio and weights rooms at peak and offpeak times
Does anyone have the £100 version? How much of an inconvenience is it to only use it off-peak?
Reply 5
I didn't get any but I think the off peak is fairly limiting. I enjoy running and there are lots of routes around campus or further afield on cycle patchs etc for that. Also remember that it is free to use the facilities with a society at their normal training times, so you could play table tennis with the society without having to pay membership.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending