The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
You say that, but someone (well, 25 someones) have to be picked in the end and it could be you. All you can do is give it your best, spend the summer wisely doing whatever you feel you need to do, then closer to the time, write a stellar PS and.. that's all you can ask of yourself.

Yes, I'm spending summer doing so much work experience practically full time I wont even have a summer lol, I'm going to try my absolute best and you're right, that's all I can do really. Thanks xx
Hey basically I need AAA/A*(maths)AB to study maths at uni but I'm pretty sure I'm getting ABB/AAB... what should i do ?
retake or apply for a different course ?
Original post by fefssdf
Hey basically I need AAA/A*(maths)AB to study maths at uni but I'm pretty sure I'm getting ABB/AAB... what should i do ?
retake or apply for a different course ?

That's entirely up to you to decide.

There's no harm in looking into alternatives (I'm guessing you think you're getting a B in maths).

Is there anything you are interested in or that you ruled out earlier on? If you were starting your UCAS application now where would you apply? Would you choose differently and why?
Original post by PQ
That's entirely up to you to decide.

There's no harm in looking into alternatives (I'm guessing you think you're getting a B in maths).

Is there anything you are interested in or that you ruled out earlier on? If you were starting your UCAS application now where would you apply? Would you choose differently and why?

The problem is when it comes to maths every good uni wants an A in maths like even non- russel groups eg. Kent want an A so I've got not much choice but to rethink.

I want to be a teacher so I could always do some form of teaching course but I really want a ' proper ' degree where I've got to put the work in so I'm thinking about psychology as there is still some maths involved hopefully
I need ABB for maths at Holloway but I think a C is more likely in physics. What are the chances they would accept A*/A in maths, A in further maths and a C in physics?
Original post by Sadidas2002
I need ABB for maths at Holloway but I think a C is more likely in physics. What are the chances they would accept A*/A in maths, A in further maths and a C in physics?

Nobody knows, not even the university itself.
I think I'm gonna get maybe BCDD. My offer is for a C in a science subject, so I'm maybe gonna get it, but if I don't, are those grades good enough for any course in clearing? I'm a little unsure of how it works
Original post by Pasdealessa
I think I'm gonna get maybe BCDD. My offer is for a C in a science subject, so I'm maybe gonna get it, but if I don't, are those grades good enough for any course in clearing? I'm a little unsure of how it works

It depends entirely on what your subjects are, what you're interested in studying and which sort of universities you're interested in.

There will be places available for people with BCDD in clearing - whether those places are on courses or at universities that appeal to you is a question noone here can answer.
Reply 108
I got an AAB offer, Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence from Loughborough. I am taking a honor math class in my school and that means I already have a Mathematics A. I have a ABB insurance however, but worrying.
I am taking ICT, Physics and Further Math too. And I think I did terrible...
Predicted ICT A------If I am lucky enough. Half confidence.
Predicted Physics B---------I feel like I can get a C
Predicted Further B----------D?C?
I might get ABC or ACC in the worst cases.

Tell me I will be fine! Tell me I can survive!(>人<)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by smartsy
I'm holding an AAA offer but I think I'm going to get ABB. What would my chances be like in clearing? I've also looked at foundation years and they're really vague about their entrance requirements but I'm keeping that option open too.
Additional info: additional AAB at A level (not in the required subjects), additional C at AS level, 7 A* 5A at GCSE
Also, can clearing choices diverge slightly from your original degree choice?

you can apply for any course in clearing- just make sure you can convince the admissions tutor to offer you a place... you could easily get into a good uni with ABB.. newcastle for example accept anyone with grades ABB or above for tonnes of courses and thats a Russel group uni :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
you can apply for any course in clearing- just make sure you can convince the admissions tutor to offer you a place... you could easily get into a good uni with ABB.. newcastle for example accept anyone with grades ABB or above for tonnes of courses and thats a Russel group uni :smile:

That's really reassuring. Thank you :smile:
Yeah I'm terrified :frown: I need ABB for Cardiff (Journalism, Media & Sociology). I'm 80% sure I've missed that but whether they accept me is anyone's guess. I think I got something like BCC (but I am admittedly a pessimist) and I need 300 UCAS points for Aberystwyth (Social Science).

I've already been looking at potential universities to phone up if I end up in Clearing. Probably Bangor, Bath Spa or USW... most likely Bangor though because I went on an open day and absolutely loved it! (it would have been my firm but that's a long story.)
Original post by emiloujess
Yeah I'm terrified :frown: I need ABB for Cardiff (Journalism, Media & Sociology). I'm 80% sure I've missed that but whether they accept me is anyone's guess. I think I got something like BCC (but I am admittedly a pessimist) and I need 300 UCAS points for Aberystwyth (Social Science).

I've already been looking at potential universities to phone up if I end up in Clearing. Probably Bangor, Bath Spa or USW... most likely Bangor though because I went on an open day and absolutely loved it! (it would have been my firm but that's a long story.)

Missing your offer by 3 grades is a lot... Like, a lot, a lot.
Original post by jackien1
Missing your offer by 3 grades is a lot... Like, a lot, a lot.

Yeah I know, I wouldn't expect Cardiff to accept me with those grades but, as I stated, I am a pessimist and I may well be very wrong. :smile:
I really regret my teachers giving me high predicted grades (AAA) because they formed the basis of my uni offer and I'm never going to get them :frown: basically ruined my chances of getting into my first choice because I'll miss my offer by about 3/4 grades
For some of my further maths modules we ran out of time and missed part of the syllabus. I think everything went fine apart from these exams and i'll probably miss my offer by two grades. I don't know what to do, i don't want to approach my teachers about it and i'm not even sure the university will care.
I have a conditional offer for Stirling university for mental health nursing and I need CCC. However, I found biology really difficult and therefore I don't think i could get a C (last year I got a D). Is there a chance I could still be accepted. I'm hoping to maintain the grades I got last year which were ABD. Would I be accepted if I did get an ABD?
Reply 117
hi I'm in need of assistant!
So I'm in clearing now and I finished studying BTEC extended lvl 3 art design, I know I will get MMM but do I need the official certificate in order to apply through clearing?

Also I have MMM (240 ucas points) and P (40 ucas points)for BTEC lvl 3 electrical engineering subsidiary so I have 280 ucas points altogether. The course I want to go for ask for 280 will this count? Or do I need DMM in art design to get in?

Course I'm applying for is product design as I switch from architecture.
Original post by Zero76
hi I'm in need of assistant!
So I'm in clearing now and I finished studying BTEC extended lvl 3 art design, I know I will get MMM but do I need the official certificate in order to apply through clearing?

Also I have MMM (240 ucas points) and P (40 ucas points)for BTEC lvl 3 electrical engineering subsidiary so I have 280 ucas points altogether. The course I want to go for ask for 280 will this count? Or do I need DMM in art design to get in?

Course I'm applying for is product design as I switch from architecture.

You don't need the certificates when you apply but you will probably be asked for them later.

Check with your intended uni about your specific qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I definitely want to reapply if I miss my firm. If possible I'd like to do the courteous thing and let Exeter know I'm rejecting them as my Insurance. Is it too late for them to change details on UCAS?

I would rather not make their admissions team think I'm coming when I'm not.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending