The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Finally! I hope it's true.
(edited 12 years ago)
That dog should be put down
hes meant to be dead now
Reply 5
I hope I could trust that... it may be just a trick and a lie from the rebel forces since nobody can verify that. But I truly hope it is true.
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
That dog should be put down

No, he should stand trial.
Who are we to tell people how their country should be run?
Original post by The Real Quaid
Who are we to tell people how their country should be run?

We aren't. The Libyan people are telling their leaders how it should be run. We helped them achieve that goal, nothing more.
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
We aren't. The Libyan people are telling their leaders how it should be run. We helped them achieve that goal, nothing more.

Seems odd how "we" stepped in there but not in other African countries, don't you think?
Seems the conflict is almost over, or so I hope.
This is simply brilliant, I can't respect the people of Libya more. For them to uprise, dethrone and kill a tyrant who established and strengthened his dictatorship for over 40 years is absolutely incredible.
I hope he isn't dead, he needs to go to the ICC.
Send him to Judge Judy.
Reply 14
Can we stop bombing Libya now?
Original post by The Real Quaid
Seems odd how "we" stepped in there but not in other African countries, don't you think?

There wasn't really the need to intervene in Tunisia, Egypt or Oman, as they reformed themselves through people power, and Yemen and Syria would only be destabilised by a Western presence, especially Syria due to it's considerably better equipped, Russian-backed military and very well entrenched regime. Bahrain, whilst terrible, was also strategically unsound for an intervention as it would have set off a whole mess of arguments with the Saudis and the UAE. The protests in other nations never amounted to enough to justify Western intervention.

We have to be selective and do what we can, where we can.
Original post by CJM13
I hope he isn't dead, he needs to go to the ICC.

I'd rather that the people of Libya gut him and then **** on him.

Libya's National Transitional Council claim to have captured and killed Colonel Gaddafi in the town of Sirte, however this is yet to be confirmed.

Reuters news agency reports that the country's former leader has died as a result of wounds suffered during his capture.

The news agency originally reported that Gaddafi was captured but was still alive.

"He's captured. He's wounded in both legs ... He's been taken away by ambulance," the senior NTC military official Abdel Majid told Reuters by telephone. However this was later updated, saying that he had died of his wounds.

The NTC will be making an official announcement shortly.

It is thought Gaddafi was trying to flee in a convoy that was attacked by NATO when he was captured by the NTC.

Majid told Reuters that the head of Gaddafi's armed forces Abu Bakr Younus Jabr was also killed during the capture of the Libyan ex-leader who was apparantly wearing a khaki uniform and wearing a turban.

Majid added that NATO warplanes struck the convoy and hit four cars as it headed west and that Ahmed Ibrahim, a cousin and adviser of Gaddafi, was also captured.

A conflicting report from an NTC fighter claims that Gaddafi was found hiding in a hole in Sirte, shouting "don't shoot, don't shoot".

In the capital Tripoli, sounds of gun shots were heard and people cheered in the street: "God is Great, God is Great, Gaddafi has been captured."

The US state department says it cannot confirm media reports of Gaddafi's capture or death.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/reports--gaddafi-captured-in-sirte.html

For a moment I thought Gaddafi would troll the opposition by being kept hidden for years like Osama
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aack
Can we stop bombing Libya now?

We stopped bombing Libya two months ago.
Reply 19
Allahu Akbar :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending