The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Anyone want a current NTU student to pester for questions?

Hey,

Im a current student at NTU, so if anyone wants me to answer any questions, quote me and i will do my best.

I wish i had people to speak to that were current students before i started at uni there. So please ask.

:smile:

Facebook group for 2012-13 goldsmith court students - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003637977703
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey!
I was just wondering what you do for accommodation in terms of private sector? I'm already living in Notts and my boyfriend and I are looking to move out together but struggling so much to find an affordable property! We're both applying to Trent :smile:
xo
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by thisisarcadia
Hey!
I was just wondering what you do for accommodation in terms of private sector? I'm already living in Notts and my boyfriend and I are looking to move out together but struggling so much to find an affordable property! We're both applying to Trent :smile:
xo

Hmm, well im living in Goldsmith Court this year, which is good, they have studios which are good for couples.

Or there is Royal house down the road which are cheaper than goldsmiths, there is also some more at a company called megaclose.co.uk ...they have quite a few nice ones for couples. depends what you want really but most of megaclose's are the cheapest ive seen anywhere!
Reply 3
Original post by ~carly~
Hey,

Im a current student at NTU, so if anyone wants me to answer any questions, quote me and i will do my best.

I wish i had people to speak to that were current students before i started at uni there. So please ask.

Hey!
NTU have given me an offer to study Law but i'm not sure whether to put it down as my firm
Can you tell me what the uni is like because its like low ranked
And is it worthwhile getting a degree from NTU
Whats's nottingham like as a city because i live no where near nottingham
I've also heard that NTU has a lot og links with employeers and stuff...do u know if that's true???

Reply 4
Original post by ********
Hey!
NTU have given me an offer to study Law but i'm not sure whether to put it down as my firm
Can you tell me what the uni is like because its like low ranked
And is it worthwhile getting a degree from NTU
Whats's nottingham like as a city because i live no where near nottingham
I've also heard that NTU has a lot og links with employeers and stuff...do u know if that's true???

Hi, basically NTU as a uni, i think is really good. If you are going for law thats the city campus, there are actually three campuses though. To be fair its probably low ranked because it was a former polytechnic and people see that as a bad thing. I dont, from my experience its a good uni, the staff and lecturers are really good. Nottingham is pretty good for law as well, i have a few friends doing it and in general the business school does have really good links with employers.

Im from Norfolk and had never been to Notts before i went! So it was a big change from country to city! But i love it there, the city campus is only a short walk to the city centre and there is loads of great places to shop and eat. If you are into the nightlife, pretty much any night is a good night to go out, theres loads of clubs and bars. Also rock city is a good venue and it right near the uni.

Anything else you need to know, what about accommodation?

:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by ~carly~
Hi, basically NTU as a uni, i think is really good. If you are going for law thats the city campus, there are actually three campuses though. To be fair its probably low ranked because it was a former polytechnic and people see that as a bad thing. I dont, from my experience its a good uni, the staff and lecturers are really good. Nottingham is pretty good for law as well, i have a few friends doing it and in general the business school does have really good links with employers.

Im from Norfolk and had never been to Notts before i went! So it was a big change from country to city! But i love it there, the city campus is only a short walk to the city centre and there is loads of great places to shop and eat. If you are into the nightlife, pretty much any night is a good night to go out, theres loads of clubs and bars. Also rock city is a good venue and it right near the uni.

Anything else you need to know, what about accommodation?

:biggrin:

Hey thanks for replying :smile:
Yh, can you tell me about the accommdation...i got an email from them yesterday telling me that i can start applying for accommodation
Everything about the uni sound really good...the city and stuff but the only thing which is putting me off is that its low ranked :/
Reply 6
Hey thanks for replying :smile:
Yh, can you tell me about the accommdation...i got an email from them yesterday telling me that i can start applying for accommodation
Everything about the uni sound really good...the city and stuff but the only thing which is putting me off is that its low ranked :/

I wouldnt let it put you off, its just because it was a former poly and its harder for them to get up to the standards of the russell group unis because everyone has that view on them. It is a good uni, everything is new with it at the moment too aswell which is really nice and i do know that the law school is well thought of though. Its one of the largest law schools in the uk. There is a careers and recruitment service too which might help.

Ok so with accommodation whats you weekly limit as there are a few to choose from and what sort of thing are you looking for? Do you want to be close to the uni or would you be looking for something that is cheaper? Ensuite? there are also studios, which i am in...but i am older haha!

Reply 7
Original post by ~carly~
I wouldnt let it put you off, its just because it was a former poly and its harder for them to get up to the standards of the russell group unis because everyone has that view on them. It is a good uni, everything is new with it at the moment too aswell which is really nice and i do know that the law school is well thought of though. Its one of the largest law schools in the uk. There is a careers and recruitment service too which might help.

Ok so with accommodation whats you weekly limit as there are a few to choose from and what sort of thing are you looking for? Do you want to be close to the uni or would you be looking for something that is cheaper? Ensuite? there are also studios, which i am in...but i am older haha!

Yh i know i shouldn't let it put me off because the uni sounds good...i'm going to an open day soon so i'll see what its like

With accommadation.... i want to be closer to the uni and i want the type where i don't share my bedroom, shower, toilet and wash basin. I don't want a really expensive one but i do want one which is also really nice and safe

Reply 8
Yh i know i shouldn't let it put me off because the uni sounds good...i'm going to an open day soon so i'll see what its like

With accommadation.... i want to be closer to the uni and i want the type where i don't share my bedroom, shower, toilet and wash basin. I don't want a really expensive one but i do want one which is also really nice and safe

Yeah, best thing to do is go on an open day and just ask loads of questions.
Ok well just to give you an idea, the uni owned accommodation on campus are Gill street, sandby halls and hampton halls, these three are the closest uni owned on campus ones. i would discount hampton as they only have shared bathrooms. its up to you about the other two, gill street is nice, sandby is the party halls so if you like to party thats the one! There is some halls called blenheim halls, which i wouldnt go for if you are looking for somewhere safe!

I am actually in a place called goldsmith court right now which is the most central to the uni that you can be, its right next to and opposite all the uni buildings, im in a studio at the moment which is far too expensive! depends on how much you want to spend for cluster flats too, i think they are £105 which is expensive compared to the uni owned halls, but the accommodation people there are really good.

You might want to google search some of these as well (non uni owned, just to give you some more, i didnt know about these)
Cotton Mills, Radford.
Royal House, Goldsmith Street.

Hope this helps
Reply 9
Original post by ~carly~
Yeah, best thing to do is go on an open day and just ask loads of questions.
Ok well just to give you an idea, the uni owned accommodation on campus are Gill street, sandby halls and hampton halls, these three are the closest uni owned on campus ones. i would discount hampton as they only have shared bathrooms. its up to you about the other two, gill street is nice, sandby is the party halls so if you like to party thats the one! There is some halls called blenheim halls, which i wouldnt go for if you are looking for somewhere safe!

I am actually in a place called goldsmith court right now which is the most central to the uni that you can be, its right next to and opposite all the uni buildings, im in a studio at the moment which is far too expensive! depends on how much you want to spend for cluster flats too, i think they are £105 which is expensive compared to the uni owned halls, but the accommodation people there are really good.

You might want to google search some of these as well (non uni owned, just to give you some more, i didnt know about these)
Cotton Mills, Radford.
Royal House, Goldsmith Street.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much...you have really helped and the information you've given is really useful

Thank's once again :smile:
Reply 10
Thank you so much...you have really helped and the information you've given is really useful

Thank's once again :smile:

Arr good, no probs, if you need to know anything else just send a message :smile: I wish i had someone to ask questions before i started here!
Reply 11
Original post by ~carly~
Hey,

Been reading through this thread & most of my questions have bn covered, jus gt one question. Do you kno anyone that has stayed at the iq student accommodation on lower parliament st cozz im tjinking of booking that one, it seems nice amd cheaper than Gill St. What do you know about IQ accommodation?
Reply 12
Original post by tadiie_x
Been reading through this thread & most of my questions have bn covered, jus gt one question. Do you kno anyone that has stayed at the iq student accommodation on lower parliament st cozz im tjinking of booking that one, it seems nice amd cheaper than Gill St. What do you know about IQ accommodation?

I stayed in IQ in my first year and it is really nice! People from NTU owned halls were always really jealous when they visited there because of how spacious and modern it is. Only downside is that is a fifteen minute walk from uni rather than being as close like gill street and hampden.........but it's worth it and still right in the city centre!
Reply 13
Original post by watjam01
I stayed in IQ in my first year and it is really nice! People from NTU owned halls were always really jealous when they visited there because of how spacious and modern it is. Only downside is that is a fifteen minute walk from uni rather than being as close like gill street and hampden.........but it's worth it and still right in the city centre!

Thats gd. what abt the security & do they let you have visitors to sleep over? Do they also do smething for freshers
I wanna book victoria halls but it says on the nottingham trent website, book private halls through us because you will get special offers and you will be put with other freshers. it says they're gonna take bookings for private halls through their own system in like 'may/june' , so do you know if they definitely take bookings for victoria halls through their own systems?
Cause im scared if I dont book it now directly with victoria halls, it might get sold out or something
Reply 15
Original post by ~carly~
Arr good, no probs, if you need to know anything else just send a message :smile: I wish i had someone to ask questions before i started here!

Hey! It's me again
I just wanted to ask when did you start booking for your accommodation
Thanks for replying and asnwering every question of mine
It's been really helpful

Reply 16
Hey! It's me again
I just wanted to ask when did you start booking for your accommodation
Thanks for replying and asnwering every question of mine
It's been really helpful

Hmmm accommodation is different at different places, you are best to contact them direct and make sure but most uni owned halls you arnt able to until you get an offer i think! unless thats changed? but if its private halls etc you should definately contact them direct as they have earlier times to apply.

No Probs :smile:
Which accomodation is the livliest, but also nice to live in?
Reply 18
Original post by ToyosiBaby
Which accomodation is the livliest, but also nice to live in?

The party halls on campus are hampden halls and sandby :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ~carly~
Hey,

Hi (:
I was wondering how much you spent on average per week/month in your first year? (like, food, books, nights out etc ... not including accommodation)
I know there's lots of forums about this but it'd be nice to know from someone who studied at trent to give me a better idea (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending