The Student Room Group

Maastricht Applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ddaannyyeell
will you? I don't really know where I will finally end up yet... :biggrin: and actually I am still not sure whether the email Maastricht sent me is an offer or not... :biggrin: I have emailed them and still no reply, it's driving me crazy...
how did you get your offer? and what does your Application status in My UM portal say? also admissible? :smile:
in addition, I got conditionally accepted by the Erasmus University Rotterdam to make it much easier for me, haha :biggrin:

I got this 3 weeks ago:

Based on the academic admission criteria and the information you have provided, we have decided that you are eligible to the programme BA International Business for the academic year 2012-13 on the condition that you meet all possible
additional requirements before the start of your programme.
Please note, this does not yet mean that you are registered for this programme. You will receive further information about registration from Student Services.

and then a couple of hours ago I got this:

Congratulations, we are already able to tell you that you belong to the top applicants of the International Business programme at SBE! This means that you will be offered a place in the International Business programme starting September 2012 on the condition that you fulfill all requirements for registration at DUO and the Maastricht University Student Services Centre. You will receive a message indicating your final ranking number around 15 June, and DUO will start sending out formal certificates of placement around 15 July. Please make sure that you have submitted your diploma and the other required documents before then.

and yea on the UM portal it says admissible :biggrin:
Original post by Superwoman
I got this 3 weeks ago:

Based on the academic admission criteria and the information you have provided, we have decided that you are eligible to the programme BA International Business for the academic year 2012-13 on the condition that you meet all possible
Please note, this does not yet mean that you are registered for this programme. You will receive further information about registration from Student Services.

Congratulations, we are already able to tell you that you belong to the top applicants of the International Business programme at SBE! This means that you will be offered a place in the International Business programme starting September 2012 on the condition that you fulfill all requirements for registration at DUO and the Maastricht University Student Services Centre. You will receive a message indicating your final ranking number around 15 June, and DUO will start sending out formal certificates of placement around 15 July. Please make sure that you have submitted your diploma and the other required documents before then.

I got the same emails except mine said that my application is pending.
May I ask if you already had your grades? and if you are applying from UK?

Thanks
Original post by soldiersixteen

Thanks

Nope I'm sitting my IB exams this May, I just sent them my predicted grades. And no I'm an international student :smile:

good luck!
Nope I'm sitting my IB exams this May, I just sent them my predicted grades. And no I'm an international student :smile:

good luck!

Oh ok. If you don't mind me asking, what was your predicted IB score?
Oh ok. If you don't mind me asking, what was your predicted IB score?

No wonder you got that email :P
No wonder you got that email :P

haha well my IB coordinator predicts really high grades to help us, i'm more likely to get 37-39 though :biggrin:

are you doing IB?
haha well my IB coordinator predicts really high grades to help us, i'm more likely to get 37-39 though :biggrin:

are you doing IB?

37-39 is still pretty high.
If you got predicted 41, why are you applying to Maastricht? why not like Oxford, Warwick, LSE etc?
I'm not doing IB. I wish I had done IB.
37-39 is still pretty high.
If you got predicted 41, why are you applying to Maastricht? why not like Oxford, Warwick, LSE etc?
I'm not doing IB. I wish I had done IB.

I missed the Oxford deadline, and got rejected by LSE 2 days ago. Maastricht is also a very good uni :smile:
I got this 3 weeks ago:

congratulations! :-)

I only got the first email... so I wasn't sure what it really means so I emailed them back and ask

and unfortunately they have told me that this is not and offer... I will have to wait till 15 June for my final ranking number (which I still do not know what is it good for :-D )
but the waiting time is horrible! :frown:
congratulations! :-)

I only got the first email... so I wasn't sure what it really means so I emailed them back and ask

and unfortunately they have told me that this is not and offer... I will have to wait till 15 June for my final ranking number (which I still do not know what is it good for :-D )
but the waiting time is horrible! :frown:

That's strange, I sent them an email asking specifically whether I will definitely be able to register for the programme if I fulfill all the requirements. The email I got back was:

If you send us the required documents, like your a certified copy of your diploma etc, then you are eligible to enroll.

Hopefully we have informed you sufficiently,

Again they just HAD TO use the word "eligible" which is extremely unclear. I told them specifically that I wanted to begin looking for my accommodation and I need to know for sure whether I'm accepted or not (conditionally). I could email them again, but I have no idea how could I form my question any clearer. So I'll just keep on assuming that I'm admitted. :rolleyes:
Reply 171
They told me that applicants who are processed for decentralised selection will get their ranking numbers by 15th June. After that, applicants will have to wait till 15 July. Admissions office will send answers for everyone by this date.

By the way, they told me that I will get an email from admissions office about my chances of being admitted within next 3 weeks. I believe it's clear. :wink:
Reply 172

Thanks

could you post the email that you got, here?
and are you doing your A Levels, if yes, then what are your grades so far?
Original post by ibbi132
could you post the email that you got, here?
and are you doing your A Levels, if yes, then what are your grades so far?

After assessing your application to the International Business programme at SBE, we can inform you that your application is still pending. This means that we have not been able to come to a final decision yet. This does not mean that you will not get a place in the programme starting September 2012, but we will have to wait until 15 June after assessing all the applications before we can give you a definite answer on whether or not you will be offered a place in the programme. You will receive a message indicating your final ranking number around 15 June. In the meantime, please submit the documents that are required for placement at DUO and the Maastricht University Student Services Center, so that we can proceed quickly with your registration if you are accepted to the programme.

Doing A-levels. Predicted ABB. You?
Doing A-levels. Predicted ABB. You?

I got exactly the same email... by the documents required for placement at DUO is meant my diploma (which I don't have yet)?
I got exactly the same email... by the documents required for placement at DUO is meant my diploma (which I don't have yet)?

I emailed them about this. They said send the diploma when you get it(so in August).
Im visiting the university on Friday and hope to look round some accommodation whilst I am in maastricht. Does anyone know if there is a different way to apply for accommodation for international students?
Original post by volvicstar
Im visiting the university on Friday and hope to look round some accommodation whilst I am in maastricht. Does anyone know if there is a different way to apply for accommodation for international students?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116816401678059/ - try this

or go on the maastricht uni web site and they have a link somewhere under accommodation for a housing site
I have recently visited the University and was really impressed! As there isn't a campus I was wondering how people sort out their accommodation? Is there any other students that have applied for the science programme in the same situation?

Quick Reply

Latest