The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Did everyone else who has an offer receive an email saying that their application greatly impressed their selectors, and that they recommend you apply for a scholarship?

Just wondering if it's an email that gets sent to everyone.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 561
Original post by Liam_G
Did everyone else who has an offer receive an email saying that their application greatly impressed their selectors, and that they recommend you apply for a scholarship?

Just wondering if it's an email that gets sent to everyone.

I got it too, it's a standard e-mail sent to everyone who has received an offer from subjects which offer scholarships :smile:
Reply 562
Original post by smart slug
Just got rejected from Dundee, apparently I lack scientific education... :frown:

Im sorry to hear that :frown:
Reply 563
Original post by beth..
I got it too, it's a standard e-mail sent to everyone who has received an offer from subjects which offer scholarships :smile:

Same here, tho i got told by UCAS first tho
Reply 564
Hey : ) did anyone get a reply from Dundee Uni yet, about second year entry for art? : )
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 565
I'm ALMOST certain I want to firm Dundee (I have basically an unconditional for scots/english law) but I'm still considering Aberdeen.... This is driving me crazy because I really can't choose between those two unis!!
Reply 566
Just got my rejection email from Dundee "You are capable but we can not offer you a place" blah blah blah. Been expecting it for a few days now, so not really that surprised, especially considering I had nothing about IR in my personal statement. I had already ruled out Dundee as an option, but it still hurts a little. Ah well, life goes on!!
Reply 567
So excited to have firmed my unconditional offer for Dundee - Primary Education.
Just got rejected from Dundee Uni. I genuinely laughed. I had no intention of accepting Dundee, got offers from better places. I'm not saying Dundee's bad, I'm just planning to firm conditionals to either Strathclyde or Aberdeen and putting an unconditional to Stirling as my insurance.

Good luck to everyone else :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
I just got rejected from Dundee. Slightly upset because I had given serious consideration to it being an insurance choice but no matter. I'm now really worried about my Edinburgh application because if Dundee don't want me, I highly doubt Edinburgh will. I'll just have to work on getting my conditions for Glasgow.
Reply 570
Original post by Shug1
So excited to have firmed my unconditional offer for Dundee - Primary Education.

Welldone! im still waiting to hear back from that course!! When was your interview? :smile: x
Original post by CiaranF
Heard back from digital interaction design on friday 30th march, got an unconditional too! Almost 100% sure its where im going as well, just giving it one last thought. Any ideas which the best halls are? Belmont flats??

They are all nice except for Sea Braes.

West Park Flats and Villas are in the same complex if the name didn't already give that away. The flats are newer and have the same design as Belmont Flats/Heathfield. Think its usually 5/6 in each flat. The villas are nice aswel. There are 5 villas, and then between 2-4 levels (depending on what villa) in each with one 10 person flat on each level.

West Park is about a 20minute walk from campus, its great though, you don't feel like you are confined to campus the whole time. Plus there is a nightbus that takes you to campus for nights out etc. However sometimes it does get annoying, e.g if you have loads of early morning classes in the middle of winter, but personally the early morning classes in spring/summer semester make up for that imo...more time in the sun :smile:

Belmont flat are nice, the tower I'd never been in so can't comment, but it looks horrible from the outside, but it could be a 5* complex on the inside for all I know. Both Belmont and Heathfield are on campus so you don't need to walk far at all for anything.

Sea Braes is basically on Campus,but slightly further than Bmont/Hfield. You just walk up a hill and you are at the tower building/students union. Personally I didn't like the rooms in healthfield but, seemed quite dingy or something.

All in all, if you don't mind the walk go for west park, its £600 cheaper and there are double beds in most of the villas rooms (I think its most, maybe ring to double check).

But if you want campus accom, make sure you put belmont flats and healthfield as your first and second choice.

Also, make sure you regulary check your university email inbox. As they send you the accomodation applications through that, it doesnt go to your personal address that the ucas account is linked to. The only reason why I knew to apply last year was becasue someone mentioned it on this and I happened to see it.
Original post by ThatBeatonBoy
Just got rejected from Dundee Uni. I genuinely laughed. I had no intention of accepting Dundee, got offers from better places. I'm not saying Dundee's bad, I'm just planning to firm conditionals to either Strathclyde or Aberdeen and putting an unconditional to Stirling as my insurance.

I hate when you get rejected by a uni that you have no intention of going to. Stirling rejected me last year, about one day before I was about to reject them myself anyway as I wanted to firm another choice. It felt rather annoying I couldn't beat them to the punch tbh...
Reply 572
Original post by ThatBeatonBoy

hahah me too!! i was considering Dundee as an insurance maybe, but I guess Stirling will be my insurance and going to Lancaster! wooo
Reply 573
If UCAS says that Uni of Dundee decision for me was "Unsuccessful", does this mean I got rejected?

I didn't receive any email from Uni of Dundee regarding rejection, so I'm slightly confused.
Reply 574
Original post by dkzee
If UCAS says that Uni of Dundee decision for me was "Unsuccessful", does this mean I got rejected?

I didn't receive any email from Uni of Dundee regarding rejection, so I'm slightly confused.

Yep unfortunately it does mean that..
Reply 575
Original post by gemmamce
Yep unfortunately it does mean that..

Thanks for the heads up. Ah well, it was a good try!
Reply 576
Original post by dkzee
Thanks for the heads up. Ah well, it was a good try!

Which course was it for? I'm getting really impatient waiting to hear!! haha
Original post by gemmamce
Which course was it for? I'm getting really impatient waiting to hear!! haha

what did you apply for?

I was round this time last year if not later when they gave me an offer.
Reply 578
Original post by bestofyou
what did you apply for?

I was round this time last year if not later when they gave me an offer.

Primary Education... i had an interview early Feb but not heard a peep since :frown:
Reply 579
Original post by bestofyou
They are all nice except for Sea Braes.

West Park Flats and Villas are in the same complex if the name didn't already give that away. The flats are newer and have the same design as Belmont Flats/Heathfield. Think its usually 5/6 in each flat. The villas are nice aswel. There are 5 villas, and then between 2-4 levels (depending on what villa) in each with one 10 person flat on each level.

West Park is about a 20minute walk from campus, its great though, you don't feel like you are confined to campus the whole time. Plus there is a nightbus that takes you to campus for nights out etc. However sometimes it does get annoying, e.g if you have loads of early morning classes in the middle of winter, but personally the early morning classes in spring/summer semester make up for that imo...more time in the sun :smile:

Belmont flat are nice, the tower I'd never been in so can't comment, but it looks horrible from the outside, but it could be a 5* complex on the inside for all I know. Both Belmont and Heathfield are on campus so you don't need to walk far at all for anything.

Sea Braes is basically on Campus,but slightly further than Bmont/Hfield. You just walk up a hill and you are at the tower building/students union. Personally I didn't like the rooms in healthfield but, seemed quite dingy or something.

All in all, if you don't mind the walk go for west park, its £600 cheaper and there are double beds in most of the villas rooms (I think its most, maybe ring to double check).

But if you want campus accom, make sure you put belmont flats and healthfield as your first and second choice.

Also, make sure you regulary check your university email inbox. As they send you the accomodation applications through that, it doesnt go to your personal address that the ucas account is linked to. The only reason why I knew to apply last year was becasue someone mentioned it on this and I happened to see it.

I hate when you get rejected by a uni that you have no intention of going to. Stirling rejected me last year, about one day before I was about to reject them myself anyway as I wanted to firm another choice. It felt rather annoying I couldn't beat them to the punch tbh...

Thanks very much! If west park are as nice as belmont then I'll go for west park, I dont mind about walking at all. And I'll avoid sea braes. Cheers again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending