The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

This is early days, but I thought I might as well make one as I haven't found one on here yet!

So, anyone know whether they definitely want to study architecture? Anyone know where?

:biggrin:

EDIT:

Anyone have any queries about Architecture? Get in contact with Architecture-er (he'll be far more helpful than I can be; considering that I changed my mind and haven't even applied for Architecture!) :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i want to study architecture as well :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: i was thinking about to go to unis in london
Reply 2
I would also love to study architecture :smile: and I consider applying for some unis in Scotland since the 2012 fee changes do not apply for Scottish inversities.

As I have some months to think matters through I would appreciate it if you could give me some info on which university you like best and why. :redface:
Original post by pr_wincess10787
i want to study architecture as well :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: i was thinking about to go to unis in london

:biggrin: which ones in London are you looking at?:smile:
Original post by Vesselina
I would also love to study architecture :smile: and I consider applying for some unis in Scotland since the 2012 fee changes do not apply for Scottish inversities.

As I have some months to think matters through I would appreciate it if you could give me some info on which university you like best and why. :redface:

Ah yes I've considered that too! If that were the case, probably Edinburgh or the Mackintosh (Glasgow School of Art)- but the Mac has GCSE requirments :/

At the moment my top choice is probably Sheffield, because the course looks really good, but I keep changing my favorite! What's your favorite at the moment? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
Ah yes I've considered that too! If that were the case, probably Edinburgh or the Mackintosh (Glasgow School of Art)- but the Mac has GCSE requirments :/

At the moment my top choice is probably Sheffield, because the course looks really good, but I keep changing my favorite! What's your favorite at the moment? :smile:

Well, at present my favourite is probably The University of Edinburgh.

As I am not from the UK(I am Bulgarian), I don't know what is my situation in terms of equivalents of GCSE.

I started taking drawing lesson last September so that I have some basic knowledge of perspective and other techniques in order to be ready to prepare my portfolio when the unis ask for it. Still, I don't know if they are going to ask for scecific things or just any kind of drawings. It would be great if someone who has already been through this gives my some information or advice on the issue.

Are there any Scottish unis who do not ask for portfolios?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 6

As I am not from the UK(I am Bulgarian), I don't know what is my situation in terms of equivalents of GCSE.

I started taking drawing lesson last September so that I have some basic knowledge of perspective and other techniques in order to be ready to prepare my portfolio when the unis ask for it. Still, I don't know if they are going to ask for scecific things or just any kind of drawings. It would be great if someone who has already been through this gives my some information or advice on the issue.

Are there any Scottish unis who do not ask for portfolios?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Robert Gordon in Aberdeen didn't ask me for a portfolio :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by marc93
Robert Gordon in Aberdeen didn't ask me for a portfolio :smile:

Did they invite you for an interview? (it is what I wouldn't be able to do)

Do you really want to go to Scotland then? Not England? :smile:

Ah wow! Did you learn English, if you did you're reeally good at it!! :biggrin:

What I can suggest, is look at the accredited course list for RIBA (Royal Institue of British Architects):
http://www.architecture.com/Files/RIBAProfessionalServices/Education/Validation/2010/UKSchoolsList.pdf

and then look at the University webpages, because Bulgaria is in the EU, you look through Home/EU students. Have a look through some of those things, it should state whether they interview/ask for a portfolio. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 9
Hello I'm new. Registered myself just to reply on this thread :biggrin:

I'm going for 2012 entry too and from Malaysia. Favourite university so far : Manchester school of architecture or University of Bath. I dont take art and design so I cannot apply to Bartlett. :frown:
Reply 10

What I can suggest, is look at the accredited course list for RIBA (Royal Institue of British Architects):
http://www.architecture.com/Files/RIBAProfessionalServices/Education/Validation/2010/UKSchoolsList.pdf

and then look at the University webpages, because Bulgaria is in the EU, you look through Home/EU students. Have a look through some of those things, it should state whether they interview/ask for a portfolio. Hope that helps :smile:

Well, I would rather go to a Scottish uni for financial reasons. However, I don't exclude England as an option. :biggrin:

And about English - I've been learning it for quite a few years. I am sitting TOEFL at the end of this month(hope I get a good score):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I've already looked through RIBA's list of accredited universities. And I've picked up some. In fact, I made my own list of unis which offer Architecture courses throughout the UK :biggrin:

I also checked the unis' requirements but some of them do not say if the interview is obligatory for everyone. So, it would be nice if someone more experienced says who things work. :smile:
Reply 11

Well, I would rather go to a Scottish uni for financial reasons. However, I don't exclude England as an option. :biggrin:

And about English - I've been learning it for quite a few years. I am sitting TOEFL at the end of this month(hope I get a good score):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I've already looked through RIBA's list of accredited universities. And I've picked up some. In fact, I made my own list of unis which offer Architecture courses throughout the UK :biggrin:

I also checked the unis' requirements but some of them do not say if the interview is obligatory for everyone. So, it would be nice if someone more experienced says who things work. :smile:

:biggrin: which ones in London are you looking at?:smile:

universities in london to be honest like south bank etc
Original post by elafyf
Hello I'm new. Registered myself just to reply on this thread :biggrin:

I'm going for 2012 entry too and from Malaysia. Favourite university so far : Manchester school of architecture or University of Bath. I dont take art and design so I cannot apply to Bartlett. :frown:

:biggrin: hmm maybe if you send them an e-mail and ask them if they would consider your application without art? If you really want to go there, that is :smile:

Wow yes! I've been looking at those two too! Bath looks really good :biggrin:

Yes true:smile: I'm sure people who are already at Uni will find this thread soon enough and be able to help you more :smile:
Original post by pr_wincess10787
universities in london to be honest like south bank etc

Aah okay, niice :smile:
don't do architecture
Original post by colin4president
don't do architecture

Why do you say that?
Why do you say that?

no money. profession going to the dogs/engineers/contractors. full of *****. unfulfilling . too much work. i could go on. just trust me, by the time you finish your degree you will regret ever contemplating architecture.
Original post by colin4president
no money. profession going to the dogs/engineers/contractors. full of *****. unfulfilling . too much work. i could go on. just trust me, by the time you finish your degree you will regret ever contemplating architecture.

I have actually given this a lot of thought. I am considering maybe Civil (/Structural) Engineering - would you say that is a better degree to do?

Thank you for your opinion, btw. A lot of people who have completed Architecture degrees do say that it was basically a waste. :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending