The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

:awesome:
Reply 2962
Original post by spacepirate-James
the gas mask children? not scary? :K:

EDIT: I'm curious. If we take the Pirate episode and The Rebel Flesh as the two 'low-points' of the series so far (gathered from general consensus on TSR)...I was just wondering whether people who disliked the latter episode liked the Pirate episode (and vice versa)?

well no, it was a really good episode and I really enjoyed it and it kept me wanting to know more all the way through. but it wasn't scary:s-smilie:
Original post by boba
well no, it was a really good episode and I really enjoyed it and it kept me wanting to know more all the way through. but it wasn't scary:s-smilie:

what does scare you then? normally? :K:
Reply 2964
I missed the first 15 minutes :frown:
Reply 2965
Original post by spacepirate-James
what does scare you then? normally? :K:

lots of things! I thought I got scared really easy by films and TV until I started hearing people talk about Dr who being scary. although I think part of the reason it doesn't scare me is because its not realistic I suppose. I get more scared by things where watching them you think "that could actually happen :|"
Original post by Apagg
I missed the first 15 minutes :frown:

That was all you really needed to watch.
Original post by dorame
I don't want Rory to cheat on Amy with Jennifer...

even though Amy deserves it for kissing the Doctor...

and I don't want Amy and the Doctor to have a baby or get together, because what about River Song?

Unless Amy is River Song but Steven Moffatt already ruled that out.

And isn't that eye patch lady meant to be the doctor's mother? So maybe the Doctor's mother is coming to visit Amy to make her pregnant with another Time Lord to carry on the Time Lord Race or something?

And maybe the time lord daughter is actually River Song? But then the Doctor would have noticed River Song was a time lord.

I love Doctor Who but I want to know everything now because all my theories seem silly :frown:

Rory isn't cheating on Amy, he's a nurse and is compassionate. He knows that clone Jen is vulnerable and wants to make sure she is alright. Also this a family show, they wouldn't have things like Amy or Rory cheating on each other.

Where did you get the eye-patch lady is the Doctor's mother from? :confused:

Original post by Colonel.
Eye patch lady is beginning to annoy me as we're just smacked in the face with her image without learning anything.

I know, hopefully we'll find out about her in episode 7.

It'll be ALL OUT WAR...between about ten people.

:rofl2:

It is and

Spoiler

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Moffat would be very evil and would make this a red herring since a lot of people might jump to this. :biggrin:

And to support this, why bother inserting a line with Amy saying this exact thing. "It might be a clone or something" then Canton goes "I can save you time. It's really him." :beard:

Canton had different instructions, Amy, Rory and River were sent to the Doctor. The Doctor presumably to the diner and Canton to the place of death. He also had the petrol so his instructions could also have been to tell them that it's really him. He doesn't seem bothered by the mentioning of it could be a clone which either means he just doesn't want to give anything away or he just can't tell the difference and wouldn't know there was a clone.

Original post by HereBeDragons
But Karen Gillan said in Radio Times just before the first episode that Amy had a throwaway line which was actually one of the most important things said, but no one would realise until later....

Did anyone else think the strange snake thing Jennifer did to get out the bathroom looked really like Prisoner Zero?

It did. We still need to find out more about Prisoner Zero, how did it know about the Pandorica and the Silence? Also presumably the fresh can change it's form? So exactly like Prisoner Zero.

Original post by ChrisJ!
Just to throw it in the mix, the Sontarans were pretty good at cloning- could that be another possibility for where the technology ended up?

Of course the Sontarans were pretty good at it seems that it was how they 'reproduce'. Sontarans are naught but clones.

Original post by Teao the Cat
You know, he really is getting obsessive with the pregnancy scanner....

Wouldn't you be if you had one and it flucuated between pregnant and not pregnant with someone?

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It would be interesting to see if he has two hearts like the Doctor, or one heart. :holmes:

It will indeed.

----------------------------------------------
My theory on the cliffhanger at the end of the next episode (contains spoiler to do with Ep.7)

Spoiler

Thoughts on it?
This double parter is just a bit too small scale for me to care.

"Them and us" has hardly any significance when it's a five-a-side deal.

Also: If any of you are on Twitter, check out artist's Bryan Hitch's view on Doctor Who. It's certainly different to what a lot of people have been saying and he has a slight point.
Reply 2969
This double parter is just a bit too small scale for me to care.

"Them and us" has hardly any significance when it's a five-a-side deal.

Also: If any of you are on Twitter, check out artist's Bryan Hitch's view on Doctor Who. It's certainly different to what a lot of people have been saying and he has a slight point.

can you post it here?
Reply 2970
Original post by SirMasterKey
theory on the cliffhanger at the end of the next episode (contains spoiler to do with Ep.7)

Spoiler

Thoughts on it?

I like the sound of that!
(edited 12 years ago)
Here it is:
Original post by boba
can you post it here?

@THEHITCHFACTORY

Not digging Doctor Who at all. Matt Smith may be best ever Doctor but the series is definitely missing something. Russell Davies, I suppose.

Russell always insisted it was a kids show that didn't exclude adults. Seems more like fan stories for 9pm audience now.

Doctor Who with RTD was a real 'show' now it's a drama. My kids don't want to wait two years to see a plot thread resolved.

They love to be scared by Doctor Who, they don't want to be confused or bored. Used to absolute viewing, now we don't mind missing it.

And for those who asked, my personal favourite New Who is always going to be Eccers. Gave it much needed weight. As important as RTD was.

Russell NEVER wrote for 'fans' he wrote to bring in new audience and it worked.
Original post by Christien
Do 'gangers dream of synthetic sheep? :awesome:

Anyway, bad bad episode. Clones just looked ridiculous, and boss lady exists solely to be a dick, cause drama and ruin the Doctor's preferred 'everybody hold hands, form a drum circle and learn to love each other' resolution. And yeah, clone doctor was always going to happen. :dry: Also, this show has always liked to telegraph whatever moral lesson its teaching in a given week, but the whole 'ethics of cloning/all life in whatever form is pretty cool' thing was just beaten into the audience without mercy. Even when it tried to get serious - Jennifer's whole 'I'M ME, ME ME' rant- it was just absurd to the point of unintentional humour.

I don't understand how Doctor Who can veer from excellent fare like the premiere two-parter and last week's episode into sub-Ed Wood garbage like this, I really don't.

But think it's got to appeal to kids and adults. Kids need the moral messages spread out a bit more clearly. I like her "I'm me" rant, because as she was self affirming herself she became fully fledged flesh again. It reminded me very much of Samuel Beckett's "Not I"

Original post by dorame
Kovarian

If that Kovarian thing is true rather than your opinion, please spoiler it...I didn't want to know who she was and have such been avoiding any spoilers about her.

Original post by boba
dr who isn't scary :K::confused:

probably going to get some hate for saying that.

Each to their own. But try watching the gas mask child episodes alone while babysitting and suddenly having the door to the living room creak open (it was the cat, but I didn't know they had a cat!)

Also Blink was terrifying but more in a jumpy way. Midnight properly scared me, a persuasive monster, something the Doctor didn't know about, and the sense of isolation. Waters of Mars I didn't like because of the way they tilted their heads, just HORRIBLE! Vashta Nerada are possibly the most scary after the gas mask child IMO but that's cos I hate the dark already.
Is a name a spoiler? I suppose so, though it doesn't spoil a lot. Unless her surname is Pond or something like that.
Is a name a spoiler? I suppose so, though it doesn't spoil a lot. Unless her surname is Pond or something like that.

No the name isn't a spoiler, I just didn't quote exactly what she said ABOUT Kovarian in case it was true because then I'd have to go edit my post later to spoiler it to match hers.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
No the name isn't a spoiler, I just didn't quote exactly what she said ABOUT Kovarian in case it was true because then I'd have to go edit my post later to spoiler it to match hers.

Ah. Understood, dudette.
Is it possible that Amy is pregnant and

Spoiler

Original post by LawBore

Spoiler

We see her mother at the end of The Big Bang, along with her father at her house, she brings in the breakfast and at the wedding.
Original post by LawBore

Spoiler

That's interesting. Really interesting.

However:

Spoiler

That boss lady is really irritating :colonhash: