The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sup
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
3A*s, 4A's and 3 B's I want to study management at uni :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by obsessedfreak95
seriously, nobody is finding you funny, because people do commit suicide over bad results and hundreds of other things. stop making stupid 'jokes'

Whoever commits suicide over grades has some serious issues.
Congrats to those of you who have done well; get ready to work your arse off for the next two years, things start getting serious from here on in. You actually have to do that thing called revision for A-levels, it's shocking!

Spoiler

My friend has 12 A* including Italian A-Level o_O
10.5 A*s!!! Allow french, though: 1 off the A star grade boundary. Do you think I should get the oral section of the exam remarked? Is it likely that it would go up? Or just a waste of money?
(edited 12 years ago)
Back in my day I got 13A*'s (2008)...but GCSE's were harder then :wink:
Original post by youngeN
Whoever commits suicide over grades has some serious issues.

i don't mean that people open their envelope and automatically kill themselves, but if you already have depression, small things can trigger suicidal thoughts. please have some respect.
Original post by Boom533
Hate how everyone who has already done GCSEs says that it is easier now. No, of course it can't be that we try harder and therfore get better grades, instead it has to be the easier papers...

I was actually only joking :colondollar:
Original post by AppleBobbing
I was actually only joking :colondollar:

Errrrr...so was I?

:biggrin:

BUT seriously, I get annoyed by older people patronising us GCSE students and not appreciating the hard work we put in:/
Reply 50
Original post by ninjalamb
8 A*s and 2 As! I wanna be a nurse :smile:

You go girl :awesome: This post really made me smile after the countless 'i wana do med...' :teehee: xD
8A* 3 A's

I would like to study Physics and become a Physicist in the near future :smile:

Good luck to everyone else in A-Levels!

If you didn't get good grades then just work hard towards A-Levels and you'll get into the University you want hopefully
Original post by Boom533
Errrrr...so was I?

:biggrin:

BUT seriously, I get annoyed by older people patronising us GCSE students and not appreciating the hard work we put in:/

Hahaha! Yeah I agree, its the same with A-level...but there are a number of 'easier/more vocational' courses now-days, which maybe easier for them to get higher grades on?
Original post by gravitationalpull
8A* 3 A's

I would like to study Physics and become a Physicist in the near future :smile:

Good luck to everyone else in A-Levels!

If you didn't get good grades then just work hard towards A-Levels and you'll get into the University you want hopefully

Same! Except I got 11 A*s. Good luck to everyone w/ regard to 6th Form/Uni
Original post by blush.ox
You go girl :awesome: This post really made me smile after the countless 'i wana do med...' :teehee: xD

But I do...D:

:P
Reply 55
6 A*s, 3 As and a B! :smile:
Original post by chandler94
Same! Except I got 11 A*s. Good luck to everyone w/ regard to 6th Form/Uni

Why would you mention grades alongside? What were you trying to prove?
Original post by gravitationalpull
Why would you mention grades alongside? What were you trying to prove?

Well the thread is meant for bragging...
Original post by venenecinema
Well the thread is meant for bragging...

True.
Reply 59
2 A*'s, 3 A's, 5 B's, and 2 C's... and I wanna go into investment banking :biggrin:

Latest