The Student Room Group

Ancient History 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SJGamble
Congratulations :smile:

Sensible spread of choices, unlike many Oxbridge applicants I've seen :smile:

Thanks.

I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so I wanted some lower offers in case I ended up missing a lot of lessons like I did last year.
Reply 61
Original post by sosotalk
Thanks.

I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so I wanted some lower offers in case I ended up missing a lot of lessons like I did last year.

Are you serious? So do I... :frown:
Reply 62
Are you serious? So do I... :frown:

Really?

Wow. That's a real coincidence!

Are you in university? If so, how do you find it?
Reply 63
Original post by sosotalk
Really?

Wow. That's a real coincidence!

Are you in university? If so, how do you find it?

Last year of school actually doing A2's atm, then I'm heading up to Uni to study Ancient History :smile:

Depends on the day to be honest, affects me worst between around 3 - 6, but its gotten a lot better since I started drinking lots of water, working out and eating healthily :smile:

How about yours?
Reply 64
Rejection from Durham, not really bothered though, as I've got an offer from Bristol which is my first choice :smile:

Just got to choose between Manchester and Birmingham for no.2 now...thoughts?
Rejection from Durham, not really bothered though, as I've got an offer from Bristol which is my first choice :smile:

Me too ... got it this afternoon. My first choice is King's .. but considering it was my first response from a university, it's definitely put a downer on things lol
Reply 66

Bristol is fantastic (better than Durham IMHO) Well done. Don't know much about Manchester so off the top of my head I'd say Birmingham. It won't matter though 'cos you'll be off to Bristol anyway!
Reply 67
Original post by catoswyn

Original post by catoswyn
Bristol is fantastic (better than Durham IMHO) Well done. Don't know much about Manchester so off the top of my head I'd say Birmingham. It won't matter though 'cos you'll be off to Bristol anyway!

Birmingham! :smile:
Reply 68

Aemiliana should know more on Manchester :smile:

Aemiliana
x
My friend got rejected for classics from st andrews about 2 weeks ago and I just got a rejection today for ancient history because of the ammount of applicants. Weirdly I'm so happy about it, it feels like a pressure off my mind from all the competition. Newcastle firm, Manchester insurance :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by eamanexancalime
My friend got rejected for classics from st andrews about 2 weeks ago and I just got a rejection today for ancient history because of the ammount of applicants. Weirdly I'm so happy about it, it feels like a pressure off my mind from all the competition. Newcastle firm, Manchester insurance.

That's a pity but I understand exactly what you mean! Newcastle and Manchester are very good universities for the study of the Ancient world, so congrats on getting in there! :smile:
Original post by Sappho
That's a pity but I understand exactly what you mean! Newcastle and Manchester are very good universities for the study of the Ancient world, so congrats on getting in there! :smile:

Thank you!! I hope your applications are going well :smile:

Manchester's pretty good, it's raining here at the moment mind so I'm not in the mood to say the wonderful things about it when I'm freezing my arse off at work. I chose not to choose Birmingham because when in applied, the average offer was BBB and when I got my offer, it came with a letter stating that they'd upped the average offer to ABB . Not only did this piss me off, I was never all that keen on Birmingham anyway.

Just out of interest, who is your 5th choice? :ninja:
Reply 73
Still no news from Newcastle or Bristol and I sent my application in on the 2nd of Dec! Going out of my mind about Newcastle! :frown:
Reply 74
Original post by eamanexancalime
Thank you!! I hope your applications are going well :smile:

Oh, I'm already at uni, but yes, my application went well last year :tongue:
Original post by Sappho
Oh, I'm already at uni, but yes, my application went well last year :tongue:

Haha!! whoops XD in that case very well done with last years application and hope uni is going well for you :smile:
Reply 76
Applied to and had offers from King's College, Manchester and Birmingham for Ancient History - as well as Leeds(History and Roman Civilization) and Newcastle(History).

My first choice is King's and haven't decided on my insurance but is anyone else planning on going there or to any of the others I mentioned? :smile:
Original post by kclayton93
Applied to and had offers from King's College, Manchester and Birmingham for Ancient History - as well as Leeds(History and Roman Civilization) and Newcastle(History).

My first choice is King's and haven't decided on my insurance but is anyone else planning on going there or to any of the others I mentioned? :smile:

Hey when did you get your offer from King's? I'm still waiting on mine :/
Reply 78
Original post by Magic8BallKR
Hey when did you get your offer from King's? I'm still waiting on mine :/

Umm I got it on the 7th it was really out of the blue since I expected them to reject me since i'm only predicted ABB and I have no A's at GCSE so i'm sure that if someone with as terrible a profile to apply to King's as mine can get an offer, i'm sure you will. :smile:

The offer was AAA rather than the AAAb they advertised aswell 0_o I hope you get an offer and I bet the only reason you haven't yet is because they're sifting through all the applications. So goodluck :biggrin:
Original post by kclayton93
Umm I got it on the 7th it was really out of the blue since I expected them to reject me since i'm only predicted ABB and I have no A's at GCSE so i'm sure that if someone with as terrible a profile to apply to King's as mine can get an offer, i'm sure you will. :smile:

The offer was AAA rather than the AAAb they advertised aswell 0_o I hope you get an offer and I bet the only reason you haven't yet is because they're sifting through all the applications. So goodluck :biggrin:

I've had rejections from Durham and Kent ... so I'm not holding out any hope to be honest.

It was 6 years ago I did my A Levels and I ended up with god awful results. I'm hoping my life experience and the SAT's I took at the end of last year are going to pull me through this one.

Quick Reply