The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoftMusk
ughhhhh!!! hopefully i will get the grades i want and no resits in june!!

-------------

idk??

yh same :smile: we've done the exams; we can only hope and wait now :biggrin:

was asking someone else on the thread as i presumed they negged me cuz it was wrong. but as far as i know it is the 7th.

Spoiler

Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
yh same :smile: we've done the exams; we can only hope and wait now :biggrin:

was asking someone else on the thread as i presumed they negged me cuz it was wrong. but as far as i know it is the 7th.

Spoiler

yes i will pray lol

lmaooo, omg i should change that!!!
Original post by whatever_x

Probably just because you look asian & wear glasses :tongue:
I don't think you look like Tamwar, there's this dude in my college that could pass for his twin though haha :tongue:

Finally, someone on TSR who acknowledges that I do not look like him :biggrin:
Reply 1343
Original post by KiwiBerry
I'll be mad if they're not unusally low, Jan 2012 was soooo much more difficult than any of the past papers! I was getting in the region of 56+ for those, but I reckon I've lost at least 16 marks on this paper =S

I'm expecting it to be low, but not 'extreme low' but just averagely low.
Original post by arnoob
Thing is, nobody has ever mentioned it to me in real life, and 3 people including you on TSR have now said it -.-

We are only going by the mini cut-off avatar pic we can see. Its the complexion, hair, glasses, smile :yep:
Reply 1345
Original post by MedicalMayhem
Just saw the mark scheme for biology, and it has made me even more nervous, as I've gotten so much wrong! Though at least I'll be prepared for results day :tongue: Is it only Edexcel which has released mark scheme so far?

Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

WHERES THE MARKSCHEME
LINK PLEASE?!!?!?!?!??!?!

im panicking omg ><
:eek:

I checked on their website but its a locked file :'(
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1346
Original post by Alex Bampton
My results ritual is taking the paper / envelope (hopefully envelope!) from the dispensor peoples, walking briskly over to a corner where I can sit (window sill is best) and unfolding it until each result is visible 1 by 1.

I'm normally quite bad as well nerve-wise, even now I am getting a flush that comes over me as I read the "8 days!!" :O

I always try to do this haha, but inevitably, as soon as I get them, my hands start shaking and I think 'sod this' and rip them open clean forgetting about my plans to read them 1 by 1.
Reply 1347
I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics.

So I presume you're in AS? Well I am as well :smile:
I'm surprised by you finding chem and bio alright and maths hard. I'm the complete opposite!
How could you not revise? :O Were you trying to fail? :angry:
I actually felt a bit like that for my Maths exam as well; I was depressed an hour before the exam and my teacher had to cheer me up lol

Yeah I am in AS lol! :smile:
Actually all 3 are them are hard,but for some reason,I just can't do Maths!
I hardly understand it!
But with Chemistry and Biology,I just need to do more past papers to boost up my grade!

I didn't revise coz I was more focused on Bio and Chem.
I knew I was gonna fail anyway,that's why I didn't bother,but we'll see what happens..

You must be REALLY GOOD at Maths if your doing Further Maths!
You got an A* in your GCSE,right?
So are you like planning to study Maths or something related at Uni? :h:
Original post by Eternal*
We are only going by the mini cut-off avatar pic we can see. Its the complexion, hair, glasses, smile :yep:

Don't worry I'm fine... but I am might change my avatar picture in order to prevent this :wink:
Original post by arnoob
Don't worry I'm fine... but I am might change my avatar picture in order to prevent this :wink:

Your choice, ive seen you around on other threads, but I assumed you purposely put up a pic of Tamwar... But now I realised its a pic of you, so i mentioned it
Original post by Hdizzle
WHERES THE MARKSCHEME
LINK PLEASE?!!?!?!?!??!?!

im panicking omg ><
:eek:

I checked on their website but its a locked file :'(

http://www.studentforums.biz/pastpapers/edexcel-january-2012-question-papers-mark-schemes-%28all-gce%29/
yes i will pray lol

lmaooo, omg i should change that!!!

nooooooo bring it back :frown:
the new one sounds so dull and boring. i've seen loads of people with that!

have something fun and cool instead :biggrin: I'd give you ideas but

Original post by Varsh05
Yeah I am in AS lol! :smile:
Actually all 3 are them are hard,but for some reason,I just can't do Maths!
I hardly understand it!
But with Chemistry and Biology,I just need to do more past papers to boost up my grade!

I didn't revise coz I was more focused on Bio and Chem.
I knew I was gonna fail anyway,that's why I didn't bother,but we'll see what happens..

You must be REALLY GOOD at Maths if your doing Further Maths!
You got an A* in your GCSE,right?
So are you like planning to study Maths or something related at Uni? :h:

Oh wicked! So you enjoying the adventures that come along with A levels? :smile:
Hmmm yh the sciences are by far the hardest group of subjects! That's why I didn't do Bio and Chem.
Hardly understand maths? I've been wanting to tutor people in my area and I wouldn't mind helping you every now and then just to see how good I am at tutoring and all. You won't learn much but still :wink:
I always found that my grades drastically improved by doing past papers in maths :smile:

Oh yh my mate does them three subjects you do and he had the exams over like a 3 day period.

Well I wouldn't say I'm really good; I'm just fascinated by everything that is incorporated within it :biggrin:
Yh I got A* in GCSE. I want to do Maths (on it's own at uni) :woo:
Have you considered what you wanna do? Medicine maybe? :/
lol ok -changes it again xP
lol ok -changes it again xP

Where's the creativity? :unimpressed:
Reply 1354

thank you ^_^
i found it in the end

realised i should go n check the thread of the exam
it has given me a bit of confidence i think i may just get an A
ZOMG ^_^
Where's the creativity? :unimpressed:

what creativity? D:

blahhh im really stressing over my exam grades
Reply 1356
Does this mean that the results will be available for college to reveal to us on the 8th march?
well im dreading Wednesday because our teachers get our grades a day before :s-smilie:
what creativity? D:

blahhh im really stressing over my exam grades

nvm, i just wanted to use that emotion.
lol dont stress. it aint gonna change your grade :biggrin:

thought i might mention that our results have probably been printed off by the exam boards!
nvm, i just wanted to use that emotion.
lol dont stress. it aint gonna change your grade :biggrin:

thought i might mention that our results have probably been printed off by the exam boards!

loool, i knowww but i dont want to resit, ive already got 6 exams exams in june without any resits!!!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek: lol

Quick Reply

Latest