The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oxymoronic
They can't wait until the 15th May to reply to you.

The UCAS deadline (an actual one) is on 10th May and if they don't reply by this date then UCAS will reject you automatically.
They're right on the 7th June note, but not on the 15th May aspect.

Edinburgh are just getting worse and worse :frown:
You guys should reply to them and say that they've got to reply to you by 10th May as this is a deadline set by UCAS. They will know this but its just stupid to see that they can't even double check information before sending it to applicants....

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates

Yeah, they just sent an amendment email through with a change of date to the 10th.

I think that this is really unprofessional of them. And if they can't organise anything properly I don't know if I want to go there...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 3021
I don't understand how they're allowed to do this every year. It isn't fair at all.
What is more likely - that our applications are actually still under "active consideration" or that our names are just save in a table, waiting to see if anyone drops out of the course - personally I think it is the latter. I just hope that everyone on the waiting list get a place because it would be horrible to have two e-mails over 8 weeks just to be rejected in the end.
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't know what to think. I never got the original 10 Apr email. I phoned them today to ask about my application, and they told me they would be sending ^the above. I still didn't get it even though I've ensured they have the correct email address and specifically spoke to them about this this morning on the phone. I even check Spam just in case things get lost.

This is not good.
Original post by Darrenh800
What is more likely - that our applications are actually still under "active consideration" or that our names are just save in a table, waiting to see if anyone drops out of the course - personally I think it is the latter. I just hope that everyone on the waiting list get a place because it would be horrible to have two e-mails over 8 weeks just to be rejected in the end.

If that happens to me I think I would turn green, quadruple in size and be screaming "Shom Smash" lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Shomberlon
If that happens to me I think I would turn green, quadruple in size and be screaming "Shom Smash" lol

I know, me too. Being realistic though I think I have a higher chance of being rejected than accepted because my grades aren't exceptional - only three highers (AAB) - and it's doubtful that many will reject offers from one of the best universities in Scotland. It's a terrible thing to say but a part of me is glad at the fact that people are withdrawing because it may help my chances of getting an offer.
I just don't understand why I haven't been receiving any of these emails. It really makes me feel like I've gone completely off the radar.
I know, me too. Being realistic though I think I have a higher chance of being rejected than accepted because my grades aren't exceptional - only three highers (AAB) - and it's doubtful that many will reject offers from one of the best universities in Scotland. It's a terrible thing to say but a part of me is glad at the fact that people are withdrawing because it may help my chances of getting an offer.

what are you applying for?
Original post by elebuughoti
I just don't understand why I haven't been receiving any of these emails. It really makes me feel like I've gone completely off the radar.

I would ring tomorrow morning and keep hounding them
what are you applying for?

History, which is one of the most oversubscribed courses at the university, iirc! How about you?
I would ring tomorrow morning and keep hounding them

:s-smilie: That does sound like a plan. I just don't know what to tell them. When I phoned them today I said I was after an update to the status of my app, as it's still pending in EUCLID, and told the woman I spoke to that I hadn't received the prior "wewillupdatesoon" email. She confirmed with my UCAS # that they had the correct email address on file and to watch out for it today. No such message has turned up in any of my mailboxes. :/ What should I tell them when I call tomorrow?
Original post by Leogordon
Hi, I got my conditional offer to Edinburgh Uni and I got the Euclid email telling me to send them a copy of my exam results to confirm, could anybody tell me how to attach a photo of my results? I can only see the tick box for attaching and nothing happens and I can't copy in the picture. Any clues of how to do this?
Thanks

You just click "send", and then that's when the attachment bit comes up. It is a bit ambiguous though, they should really make the layout easier to understand :s-smilie:

I couldn't scan my exam results in because we don't have a scanner, I've just got a massive A4 envelope waiting to be sent off. :tongue:
:s-smilie: That does sound like a plan. I just don't know what to tell them. When I phoned them today I said I was after an update to the status of my app, as it's still pending in EUCLID, and told the woman I spoke to that I hadn't received the prior "wewillupdatesoon" email. She confirmed with my UCAS # that they had the correct email address on file and to watch out for it today. No such message has turned up in any of my mailboxes. :/ What should I tell them when I call tomorrow?

I'd tell them that you still haven't received anything via email, you're getting a little concerned and you just want confirmation that your application is still being considered.
History, which is one of the most oversubscribed courses at the university, iirc! How about you?

Me too, so you're my rival now then :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'd tell them that you still haven't received anything via email, you're getting a little concerned and you just want confirmation that your application is still being considered.

Thank you~. I think I'll do that. I am really disheartened by how late in the game it is; it makes me feel like there's a very slim chance of getting an offer. But if I can confirm that I'm still up for consideration, that will be some relief.
Thank you~. I think I'll do that. I am really disheartened by how late in the game it is; it makes me feel like there's a very slim chance of getting an offer. But if I can confirm that I'm still up for consideration, that will be some relief.

The way I see it is, if we are on some kind of list I doubt it's going to be that big, why make a list of say 50 people when there might only be 30 people that reject them, I think they'll look at the average from the past few years on rejections and make a list based on that, it doesn't benefit them having a list bigger than they expect to fill. The fact that you haven't been rejected should be a light in an otherwise gloomy feeling.
Alright, I think I've ran out of patience with Edinburgh.
Me too, so you're my rival now then :biggrin:

Ohhh...a twist :biggrin:! Hopefully we'll both get on the course and I'll see you in September!
Ohhh...a twist :biggrin:! Hopefully we'll both get on the course and I'll see you in September!

Yeah that would be the best outcome lol
Question just to rule out technology--can anyone give me the email address these updates are being sent from, so I can add it to my gmail contacts? I want to make sure it's not machine error.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending