The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kashagupta
Oh I really do hope so! What do you need to get an a* overall? :smile:

i don't actually know, because i don't really properly know my ISA mark, the school doesn't disclose it for some reason and we're sitting all 9 science papers at the end of year 11, we sit all our exams at the end! what about you? :smile:
Original post by Dandaman9999
It was a horrific paper. You won't see one much worse at this level :angry:
Yep, I think you're right here... Since it's the subjects you enjoy you will most likely work harder as well.

and i guess AS and A2 are really important university wise, so that's another motivating factor.
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
and i guess AS and A2 are really important university wise, so that's another motivating factor.

Definitely.. That'll be what's going to be in my mind the most when working for exams!
Original post by xAlice95
How's everyone feeling about the English lit exam tomorrow? I'm really really nervous! English lit is the exam I've been dreading for ages!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scared too, im already panicking from the questions in the extract
Original post by Dandaman9999
Definitely.. That'll be what's going to be in my mind the most when working for exams!

i guess the pressure will really intensely be on, especially in A2 to meet conditionals.
Reply 1745
Original post by lil-mazie
People who are doing sunlight on the grass HEAR ME OUT!
I think that 'the darkness out there' shows some signs of sexual tension between Sandra and Kerry but when i explained it to my friend she kept telling me i was wrong, give me you views guys and girls

I don't do sunlight on the grass but my teacher said inexams write down YOUR ideas, because in english there's no right or wrong answers really and you can still get marks for them
Reply 1746
Original post by lil-mazie
People who are doing sunlight on the grass HEAR ME OUT!
I think that 'the darkness out there' shows some signs of sexual tension between Sandra and Kerry but when i explained it to my friend she kept telling me i was wrong, give me you views guys and girls

I don't really think it does...I can kinda see what your saying but I think that's more because they know each other and are kinda put in a situation where they're forced to be friendly towards each other and are kinda put in the situation together where that's them knowing each other is the only familiar thing as neither of them have met mrs rutters or her house before... I don't know if that makes sense, it's hard to explain what I'm thinking lol

Original post by g.k.galloway
I'm with you there!!! A little more confident now i've done a couple of hours revision.. but still...its english.. me and english do not mix!!

haha when I do get my results in August and if it is terrible I am just going to tell my mum I'm chinese what do you expect LOL and then cry in a corner D: Im just going to read to kill a mockingbird and short stories now for revision. I like english but it doesn't like me at all
Reply 1748
Original post by Sheel1

Yeah me too, English is the subject I find hardest...and it's kinda hard to revise for..

I don't really think it does...I can kinda see what your saying but I think that's more because they know each other and are kinda put in a situation where they're forced to be friendly towards each other and are kinda put in the situation together where that's them knowing each other is the only familiar thing as neither of them have met mrs rutters or her house before... I don't know if that makes sense, it's hard to explain what I'm thinking lol

I don't think it does, more like sexual tension between sandra and the old lady D:< I think kerry likes sandra though :/
is music really popular in your school? in our school it isn't very only about 6 people took it for GCSE and a couple if any are taking it for AS. she's taking: maths, further maths, economics, history and english literature! she's moving schools though so she's going to another 6th form, in the ideal world she would've taken maths, further maths, german and economics, but the option lines didn't work out in either schools...

Yeah it is :smile: We're a language college but we've got a good music department (people come from other sixth forms to do music at ours too sometimes.. ) And wow! She's doing some pretty academic stuff! Why's she leaving? And yeah that is a problem :frown:
for people doing sunlight on the grass do you think the story within 100% perfect girl is the guy's past or just his imagination/ pick up line?
i guess the pressure will really intensely be on, especially in A2 to meet conditionals.

But people, might struggle due to other things such as needing a lot of work experience, personal statement, extra curriculars, etc so the pressure is definitely not only to get the grades :smile:
Original post by Sheel1

Same!
They have done it for you to show off you ideas and creativity:smile:
Hopefully, it won't be too bad:colondollar: x
Original post by iJess
I don't do sunlight on the grass but my teacher said inexams write down YOUR ideas, because in english there's no right or wrong answers really and you can still get marks for them

That's true!
Especially with AQA, you get heaps of marks for originality!:smile:
Good Luck with tomorrow! xx
Original post by Anisa xx
did anyone do the additional science(C4 B4 P4) higher paper today? hw did u find it?

YEP, i did that this morning. I hated how they based the biology on those beetle things, they always seem to come up with the most pointless things!

In Chemistry they tried to chuck in a fair few equations- never seen one for 3 marks before tbh!

Physics was the easiest i'd say, can't really remember much about it (!) but it wasn't particuarly hard tbh.

How did you find it btw?
Reply 1756
Original post by applesdonothelp
I don't think it does, more like sexual tension between sandra and the old lady D:< I think kerry likes sandra though :/

Haha I remember when I first read it in class before we got to the end I thought the mrs rutters was some kinda pedo or something cause she wouldn't stop going on about how pretty Sandra is and sandras skirt and she kept going on about how she she has a sympathy with young people haha

Reply 1757
Original post by applesdonothelp
for people doing sunlight on the grass do you think the story within 100% perfect girl is the guy's past or just his imagination/ pick up line?

I think it's just his imagination but that's what's cool about it cause you'll never know lol

Can anyone help me with touching the void like the themes and relationship between characters??
Haha I remember when I first read it in class before we got to the end I thought the mrs rutters was some kinda pedo or something cause she wouldn't stop going on about how pretty Sandra is and sandras skirt and she kept going on about how she she has a sympathy with young people haha

exactly what I thought! and when she was going on about hitching sandra's skirt up when she was cleaning I was like..............................................................................................."snickers".........................................................

Latest