The Student Room Group

Good A Levels > **** GCSEs?

I'm not going to come in here and bitch and complain that my life has come to an end and whatnot.

Just generally wondering if I'll be looked down on by employers/universities if I achieved grades say around A*A*A*A*AAXXX (with X representing anywhere from D-U). Now although I believe I'm able to achieve around six As/A*s, the other three GCSEs were just really awful choices. I have thought about my A level choices quite a lot and have now only chosen subjects that I enjoy (luckily three of them are respected).

I have my biology paper in another 90 minutes and I have next to no knowledge of the syllabus so I'm expecting a horrific grade.

If it comes down to a 50:50 sort of thing will universities then look at GCSEs to make a decision? Because quite frankly I haven't taken these exams seriously, I need AAAACC at GCSE level to do what I want in sixth form so I've pretty much disregarded the other three subjects because I just couldn't be bothered.

Not exactly the best attitude to have but at least I'm not crying like the rest of the population of TSR.
Reply 1
Noone will care. You are crying though.
Reply 2
Nah, I'm not. I would be if I ****ed up the other six subjects, but I've done most of the exams for those already and I'm pretty confident. And realistically I could revise for two of those six subjects and boost one up to a B and the other up to a C, but I generally don't give a **** if I fail them right now.

I just feel too relaxed to care about them.
Reply 3
People should only be allowed to make these threads if they cant get 1 A/A*... Seriously dont complain.
4A*'s and 2A's, don't see why you would be crying :L.

That's good enough to get you into the likes of medicine, as long as your A-Levels follow the same trend.
Reply 5
Mate my grades feel like there going be Bs and Cs by the end of the year and i want to go into denistry (i don't even think it's possibe) I'm pretty sure that where ever you go will take you in just as long as you have good A-levels
In regards to the title title, yes, always.
Reply 7
Original post by overskrill
I'm not going to come in here and bitch and complain that my life has come to an end and whatnot.

Just generally wondering if I'll be looked down on by employers/universities if I achieved grades say around A*A*A*A*AAXXX (with X representing anywhere from D-U). Now although I believe I'm able to achieve around six As/A*s, the other three GCSEs were just really awful choices. I have thought about my A level choices quite a lot and have now only chosen subjects that I enjoy (luckily three of them are respected).

I have my biology paper in another 90 minutes and I have next to no knowledge of the syllabus so I'm expecting a horrific grade.

If it comes down to a 50:50 sort of thing will universities then look at GCSEs to make a decision? Because quite frankly I haven't taken these exams seriously, I need AAAACC at GCSE level to do what I want in sixth form so I've pretty much disregarded the other three subjects because I just couldn't be bothered.

Not exactly the best attitude to have but at least I'm not crying like the rest of the population of TSR.

First of all, don't think many are going to appreciate the sheer attitude involved in the last sentence.

Secondly, 4A*S and 2As is not worthy of a complaint like this. That is good.

Thirdly, perhaps you should have got off TSR and revised for Biology if it was 90 minutes away. Just a thought.

Fourthly, and to actually answer your question, those grades will barely affect you.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest