The Student Room Group

Females with hairy arms

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I don't have a problem with it... :wink:

I have pale skin and very dark thick hair, so that means my legs and arms require a thorough hair removal every other day. If the hair on my arms was all light and not noticeable I wouldn't bother, but there is quite a lot and it gets noticeable :frown: ESPECIALLY in the summer due to extra flesh exposure..!
Reply 42
For the last time, Chewbacca, I'm not going to sleep with you!
Reply 43
i get rid of mine. im really pale and my natural haircolour is really dark brown, so naturally my arm hair is the same, and pale arms with really dark hair is not a good look. its not the end of the world if i havent taken care of it, but especially for nights out/going out somewhere i just think having smooth arms looks better on me. i honestly never gave a thought as to whether guys would prefer my arms to be hairless or not, i just do it cos i prefer it.

(i usually just shave it, but i just bought the new veet easy wax roll on thing last week - for a very bargainess £2:49 - and used that on my arms and its a lot better and not nearly as much effort and faff as i thought it would have been)
I don't remove hair from my arms, I've never felt the need to, and it doesn't bother me. On thinking about it, it is strange that society has us think it almost unacceptable for women to have hairy legs, but arms don't tend to be such a big deal.

My sister gets her arms waxed because they were quite hairy and she got bullied relentlessly over it. It's sad that she felt the need to do that because of what other people were saying, but it has given her more confidence, so 'live and let live' as far as I'm concerned!
Reply 45
yeah I'd definitely not want a girl to have hair anywhere apart from on her head. I mean i guess most girls have a bit of downy blonde hair on their arms (well unless they're brown/black obvz) which you can't even notice but if it is noticeable then no thanks. not that i think i've ever seen a girl with especially hairy arms.
I have hairy arms. I'm half Italian and Indian-I can't help it. They're not that bad though. I refuse to shave or wax them, because it's natural. I already do my legs, armpits etc. so why should I feel the need to confirm to society any more?

The idea that it's more "clean" whether looking or hygienic is absolute rubbish! We are not Barbie dolls...
Original post by murpo
y u no talk propa english lyk?

y dnt u teach me or is it sumthing ur lcking 2
If you love hairy arms on women then why don't like you love hairy arms on their legs? :dontknow:
Girls already moan enough about being cold. Please don't make it worse by shaving your arms. Absolutely no guy cares that you have thicker or darker arm hair than the average girl. We like a girl who is comfortable in her own skin, and so it's more attractive if a girl leaves her arms as they are, than if she shaves them because she's worried a guy won't like her arms.
Original post by nash_4_lyf
I am a woman, and I prefer being clean everywhere. Albeit arms, legs whatever. I think its a lot more clean for a woman to be hairless.....and I dont know I dont feel sexy with hairy arms....

lol I'd rather not date a totally hairless girl;

I'd feel like I was committing a crime in doing so.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
"How silly I don't do anything to my arms blah blah."

Yes, and all the people who are saying this are blonde, and don't have to worry about it. :colonhash: Having pale skin with very dark hair unfortunately makes arm hair removal something of a necessity. To be honest, though, I think it's more a security thing - I don't think people around me notice or care, but it seems very visible to me, especially in tank top weather.

It's not that big a hassle, though. I can do both arms with hair removal cream in under ten minutes flat, and I'm sorted for a few weeks. It's not that big a deal.
Reply 52
Original post by IlexAquifolium
I tried waxing them a few years ago. I decided it was an epic waste of my time. Honestly, with all the things women are supposed to do in order to men men want them, it's a miracle we actually have time to do anything, like our jobs.

Doesnt take very long to make sandwiches.

& any hair is fine IMO, hair is natural.
Reply 53
I seriously did not know other women shaved their arms.
Seriously?
Unless you were bullied for them or they're really noticeable... get some self respect and get some confidence :/
I do wish people would stop trying to be completely plastic and smooth. It's disturbing.
I'm gonna say something that I'm not sure if its gonna make sense at all in English but... someday it will get to the point where women will start shaving off their brains.

ps. I'm not blonde, so I could force myself to worry about my hairy arms as they're quite visible, but it's just ridiculous the way women are becoming plastic dolls.
Reply 55
I'm a girl, I don't shave my arms, but the hairs are rather light so I guess I'm lucky.

Some of my friends have darker hairs and don't shave their arms, I know that I don't find it weird.

Thing is nobody even notices it, and nobody cares. For sure no one will be like "OMG look at that girl's arms she doesn't shave them" or anything.
I would just like to point out - the girls slagging off other girls for shaving their arms, probably only do so because they don't have hairy arms themselves and therefore think it's pointless. But, speaking as a girl with dark hairy arms and pale skin - shaving my arms is essential for me to feel feminine. It doesn't mean I am ridiculous, or shallow, it's something I do to feel better about myself. Why is it, that shaving our legs, armpits, plucking our eyebrows, trimming our bikini line, waxing our upper lip is all seen as normal habits but shaving our arms is too far :facepalm:
Original post by lrs_17
I seriously did not know other women shaved their arms.
Seriously?
Unless you were bullied for them or they're really noticeable... get some self respect and get some confidence :/
I do wish people would stop trying to be completely plastic and smooth. It's disturbing.

Girls aren't gunna shave their arms if they aren't noticeable, they're only going to shave them if they are noticeable so that point is completely ridiculous. And get some self respect really? Get off your high horse. And get some confidence? I know, personally if I was wearing a sleeveless top and had never started shaving my arms I would feel horrendous, I feel confident knowing I don't have gorilla arms.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
Ive only ever known one person to shave their arms, it just seems stupid, but my hairs blonde so it doesnt really bother me but when it grows back it will be wose than legs as its less easy to cover up
Original post by sarahthegemini
Why is it, that shaving our legs, armpits, plucking our eyebrows, trimming our bikini line, waxing our upper lip is all seen as normal habits but shaving our arms is too far :facepalm:

Probably just because it's not as widely spoken about? I've been shaving my arms for six or seven years but this is the first time I've come across a discussion about it (including offline). Didn't realise it was apparently unusual. x) I hate how arm hair looks (on myself) and how it feels to touch - I react exactly the same to having hairy arms as I do to realising I've left shaving my legs a few days longer than usual: grossed out. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest