The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by silentlife
Erm... Why do I have feeling that was sarcastic. :ninja:

And oh what event did you watch again? And how was it?! :biggrin:

No sarcasm. :K:

Table tennis. A great experience, but wouldn't see the sport live again.
Original post by Groat
No sarcasm. :K:

Table tennis. A great experience, but wouldn't see the sport live again.

Why?! :confused: I sometimes like to watch that sport on TV (although I don't play it).
Original post by lilGem
Hebrew I am (Jewish and all) Japanese I still remember the odd bits :colondollar:

Thank you though :hugs:

Cool :biggrin:. Haha that's ok, I wish I knew every language in the world! That'd be great.
Reply 1343
Original post by SecretCircus
Cool :biggrin:. Haha that's ok, I wish I knew every language in the world! That'd be great.

:lol: I want to learn Italian- I know a few phrases. I know a teensy bit of Swahili and Swedish :cool: At secondary school(s) I had a reputation as "the language girl" it may have changed a bit :colondollar:

Find a babelfish perhaps? :wink:

But seriously, I need to learn a language other than English. I'm part Cantonese as well so that doesn't make it any better when I go to see my dad's side of the family and I can't understand a word of what they're saying :colondollar:

:sexface:
Reply 1345
Original post by silentlife
Why?! :confused: I sometimes like to watch that sport on TV (although I don't play it).

It didn't have the best atmosphere, and it's not a sport where you can appreciate amazing play. You only notice the shots when someone hits a bad one!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AJCSShp
I've had 1 lesson a week since october! So I've been learning a lot longer then you! :colondollar:
I'm sure you will be fine, just practice, practice, practice :biggrin:

:eek: Really?
Are you going to buy a car? :smile:

Doesn't matter though, you've passed now! :biggrin: I will, bumping it up to 2 hours a week so I can practice my manoeuvres more :smile:.

Yep, I thought they were joking when they told me but I saw the quotes myself! I don't think so, with going to uni (hopefully) I don't think I'd make enough use of it :smile:.
Reply 1347
Right you beautiful bunch of people I'm off for the night, don't leave me too much to catch up on :cool:

May the :sexface: live on through you

Reply 1348
Original post by Jazzeh
I'm so bored. :frown:

I tried paused box squats today :smile:
Original post by lilGem
:lol: I want to learn Italian- I know a few phrases. I know a teensy bit of Swahili and Swedish :cool: At secondary school(s) I had a reputation as "the language girl" it may have changed a bit :colondollar:

I'm going to Italy in 2 weeks and I know about two phrases, oh dear. Need to start learning! Haha, well it's always good to learn new languages :smile:.

Original post by mahjongmagic

But seriously, I need to learn a language other than English. I'm part Cantonese as well so that doesn't make it any better when I go to see my dad's side of the family and I can't understand a word of what they're saying :colondollar:

Ah, that's a good idea :sexface:. Haha I know exactly how you feel, both my parents are from India and I literally have no idea what anyone's saying when we go to family gatherings! It's so bad and I should really know the language, but I was never brought up with it.
Original post by lilGem
Right you beautiful bunch of people I'm off for the night, don't leave me too much to catch up on :cool:

Have fun! :sexface:
Reply 1351

I can empathise on the language front. I should be able to speak Urdu and Punjabi. I can't. And I sound terrible when I try. If you find a babelfish, send one my way please :biggrin:
Original post by lilGem

Good night :yawn:

Ah, that's a good idea :sexface:. Haha I know exactly how you feel, both my parents are from India and I literally have no idea what anyone's saying when we go to family gatherings! It's so bad and I should really know the language, but I was never brought up with it.

Neither was I, though my dad tried to give me and my brothers lessons. They were a miserable failure but I wouldn't mind trying again some time in the future.
Reply 1353
Hello :smile:
Good night :yawn:

Neither was I, though my dad tried to give me and my brothers lessons. They were a miserable failure but I wouldn't mind trying again some time in the future.

My parents actually said there wasn't much point in teaching me when I was younger, but I would quite like to learn some now - I guess I wasn't bothered about it before because I speak English all the time. I've picked up some phrases and words but I couldn't hold a conversation with someone beyond "Hello, how are you?" :lol:
Original post by Smason5
Hello :smile:

Hello :biggrin:
My parents actually said there wasn't much point in teaching me when I was younger, but I would quite like to learn some now - I guess I wasn't bothered about it before because I speak English all the time. I've picked up some phrases and words but I couldn't hold a conversation with someone beyond "Hello, how are you?" :lol:

This, so much. I've also learnt "Thank you" for Chinese New Year, 1-20 and "my name is...." so not exactly the best repotia for living in Hong Kong (if I ever went for more than 2 weeks) :lol: :parrot:

Reply 1357
Victoria Pendleton gold medal! :biggrin: :sexface:
Original post by Futurism
Victoria Pendleton gold medal! :biggrin: :sexface:

I almost screamed at my TV I was that excited :tongue:.
Reply 1359
I really want creme brulee.

Latest